Anyone use Bushmaster in COCO?

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

I've got a couple of plants that are in 100% Cana coco that are getting pretty close to the light. I do have room to raise the light but the plants adjacent to these giants are like 6-8 in. shorter. Therefore, I don't want to raise the light.

I decided to buy some Bushmaster to halt the virtical growth. Upon reading the instructions it says, "not to be used in pure coir growing systems."

I wonder what makes coco different than other mediums as far as Bushmaster is conserned? Anyone use it anyway?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Good call Sofa King. I just might do that.

I just hate foliar sparaying after my plants are that close to the light. I always get overspray on the glass. I also seem to get my nice clean mylar with overspray any time I spray anything.

I'm guessing it might be the only risk free way to apply B.M. in coco though?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Its a huge hassle moving my lights. First of all I've got 2 XXXL's right next to each other. When I move one, the other kind of needs to be moved also due to ducting not having enough play.

It's a 2 man job moving the XXXL's when they have trays under them. In my situation at least. Don't like taking chances with 70 lb. lights over my precious girls.

I'm gonna spray the big plants tonight with B.M. The things are growing 3" per day. I know stretch is almost over (day 15 of flower) but these girls are bound to keep creeping upward if I don't do something.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I know you already got the bushmaster, in the future in Coco you may want to try Phosphoload.

On another note I ran Magnum's on my last indoor and this is how I rigged em up. It made it a one man job for sure.

100 1712
OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks Celtic. Believe it or not I actually have some Phosphoload. Theres only about 2 or 3 oz. left in the bottle, and its 18 or so months old. Kind of has that gritty look some fertilizers have at the bottom of the bottle. Also I wasn't sure if Phosphoload was ok to use in coco either. I am under the impression based on some research that both Bushmaster and Phos. have the same active ingredient.

Are your lights raised by a pully system. It looks like they are both attached to a metal rod or tube of some sort. What exactly is that, and where did you get it?

Thanks again for the help bro...

420Gator

420Gator

Thanks Celtic. Believe it or not I actually have some Phosphoload. Theres only about 2 or 3 oz. left in the bottle, and its 18 or so months old. Kind of has that gritty look some fertilizers have at the bottom of the bottle. Also I wasn't sure if Phosphoload was ok to use in coco either. I am under the impression based on some research that both Bushmaster and Phos. have the same active ingredient.

Are your lights raised by a pully system. It looks like they are both attached to a metal rod or tube of some sort. What exactly is that, and where did you get it?

did u spray with the BM?

Venom818

Venom818

i have used phosphoload on coco many times with success

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I've used bushmaster in 100% coco several times with very good results(from what i've seen it lessens trich coverage if you use it to heavily during late flower) However when applying to straight coco you must use half strength of what it says on bottle(5mlpg) use(2mlpg), it is Extremely concentrated so if to much is given it will cause some bad nut burn, also make sure you add it to water only with no other nutrients added. In coco if the BM is added to the nut. feed the roots directly uptake the concentrate which is then in turn what causes then nut. burn. Hope this helps out man, Take it easy:harvest::smiley_joint:

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey thanks for the replies guys.

420gator yes I did spray with Bushmaster Wednesday AM. I sprayed with just B.M. and R/O water at 1 tsp per gallon, which is what the bottle recommended for foliar spraying. I used a few drops of Protect silica to bring the PH up to 5.9. Sprayed right before lights off. Come lights on the 2 plants looked a bit droopy, one worse than the other. They have made a full recovery and have grown a bit taller.

Venom thanks for the Phosphoload tip. Coincidently I dosed them with some last night. Went with 3 ml/gal. Going to ramp it up the next couple times. I combined the P.L. with a light dose of base nute (375/400 total ppm). Was surprised to see they had grown noticably between last night and this am.

Ohiofarmer thanks for your insight. I was considering using the B.M. in coco, and still might. I'm down to like 10 or 15 ml of Phosphload so I'm hoping I can apply the brakes to the upward momentum with just 3 doses. Do you think it would be cool to use B.M. after using Phosphoload? I guess I'm kind of doing that already since I sprayed with B.M. and watered with Phosphoload once each. If I do use it to water in coco you can bet I'll go light. I've heard many times how strong both of these are.

I've used Phosphoload in rockwool a couple of times with great results. I've heard so many people praise Bushmaster though so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm goingto hit my girls in rockwool tonight with their first dose of B.M. Anxious to see if the B.M. makes em swell like the P.L. did last run.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

you going to run the purple maxx and gravity ass well?
stick with the phospaload?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@OGONLY

I used a 2x4 but I have seen people using EMT (electrical conduit). I had ropes attached to each end that went to wall haulers.

I had them laying around, they are kinda pricey, but they worked well for me.

O

odankeus

I've been hearing from guys at the hydro store and else where that bushmaster is a carcinogen. Has anyone heard about this? I don't want to ruin my meds with it, if so

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have not heard it is a carcinogen. I have heard that Phosphoload can contribute to an unpleasant taste if used to often at too high of dose. I use it at 5 ml/gal max dose, and for only 3 days. I don't think it has any taste affect at that rate and length of treatment.

As for my girls, all have completly stopped their virticle growth. I couldn't be happier about their appearnce right now. All are super happy and bulking up noticably each day.

OGONLY

OGONLY

No masta I don't run purplemax or gravity. Last run was my first with CO2 and I had super dense nugs without any help. No need for gravity IMO.

As for P.M., don't see a need for it either. I already have like 10 addatives per feeding, don't need to make things more complicated and expensive.

I have 2 layers of trellis netting to contain the monster colas I am expecting. I've gotten pretty good at making the PVC frame type trellis. Learn new tricks each time.

hiboy

hiboy

Hey Hiboy you know anyone that uses that garagegator?

ya ogonly but if i told you i would have to kill you. I've heard great things about it, if ya wanna spend the dough. Actually the cost aint that bad for a motorized unit.

Top Bottom