anyone want a cheep way to add co2 to your plants?

• Thread starter pure arghan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pure arghan

the more co2 the plant gets the better they grow fact and i can show you how to get extra co2 on your plants with out great expense or efert, i uesd to use a co2 system that cost alot and one day it broke and i could't aford to get it fixed, so then looked into outher ways of getting co2 to the plants without much money and came across this methoud that i have been useing for the last 10 years, i can now aford to get back the system i had before and would not change back. all you have to do is to buy some fizziy water out of any shop, the water must not have any flavers in it, then you need a water spreayer( you can use an old bottle that you might have about the house but make sure that you wash out the spreaer properly as you will be spreaying the plant with it) then all you have to do is to spreay the leaves of the plant with the fizziy water ( you speary all of the plant untill the plant is in flowering then you will only have to speary the fan leaves, you dont want to speary the bud as this can lead to bud root) you will need to speary the plants twise a day, any quistions shout back :afroweed:

X

Xceptional

there are tons of home diy co2 methods out here but what i don't get is how you ever plan on controlling the ppm to optimum levels. i have a 50lbs tank and a active air regulator kit on a timer. I'm going to be adding a fuzzy logic ppm co2 controller in the future and it will cost about $500. in total i will have $800 invested and refilling the tank will be $20 every blue moon. you will spend damn near that in a harvest on fizzy water and you will have to be committed to performing a task twice daily where i set it and forget it. the regulator is only $139 and even if the controller broke i could do a damn good job of controlling the co2 ppm with just a timer and a mathematical formula or a $30 co2 ppm test kit with the glass vials.

spraying the leafs daily just seems like way to much work and not accurate enough for the potential benefits of correctly administered and monitored co2 implementation.

if you got a closet grow with one or two plants I'd say go for it! anything above that i think you are crazy if you don't just invest the money. like i said under $300 you can be in the game with a good regulator/timer kit and a 20lbs tank that costs under $20 to refill.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
first time i hear about this, do u use a special brand of sparkling water? how can u tell that ur plant benefits from it did u run a side by side test?

M

Malachi

i have been using a homade generator for the past 6 months and it works pretty good. my friend has a Co2 PPM meter and I have taken consistant readings at 1200PPM in my tent. what i do is take a 2-gallon bucket with lid and drill 2 holes in the top. i fill the bucket with 1-gallon of water at room temperature, i jar bakers yeast, 2 pounds sugar and 2 tabsp. baking soda then wisk it together. i use grommets for my airhoses to make an air-tight seal. i run 1 air-hose into the solution with an airstone attached to an airpump and the other suspended right below the lid. that one is run to my osclating fan. i have the airpump hooked up to my light timer so the airpump forced the Co2 out when the lights come on. i add about a cup of sugar every 2 weeks to keep the yeast active. although this can be a pain sometimes it works for my current situation. it is a cheap alternative and produces no heat

R

Radio_Dread

hey i also made a homemade CO2 gen. i used 2liter bottles and mix water, yeast and sugar togather. they last about 2 weeks then i refill. i shake them up everyday when the light comes on. they seem to def be workin great compared to last run in which i used the fizzy water thing

P

pure arghan

dont need to worry about the water

first time i hear about this, do u use a special brand of sparkling water? how can u tell that ur plant benefits from it did u run a side by side test?

you dont need to worry about the water( wot brand it is as water that has been carbonated will be the same for any brand, they are reagaleted) any will do as long as there are no flavers added, with the water being regaleted as to the emont of carbonistion that the water will hold means that you dont need to test ppm and all that, just spreay and watch them grow like mad, yes i did do about 20 difrent tests on diffrent types of plants back in the day ( ice cream liked it the best but will work well with any plant), long time ago but the best thing i could say to you is that if you have 2 or wot ever plants only spreay one for one week and im sure that you will be spreaying them all after just one week, if you are useing a co2 set up already you wont find much or any difrance

Venom818

Venom818

will this work i came across this and saw someone using it on a tent

what do u guys think is it worth it.

C

cheech

i ran the exhaust from my hot water tank to my room with 4'' duct, and attached a little booster fan on the end of it. got the idea from another grower. it does a good job of maintaining 800 ppm just through the pilot light. when i take a shower it will go as high as 3800 ppm, in which case i just open the door to my room and let the extra co2 spread throughout the basement, then shut the door when its at 2000 ppm. It will maintain 1200+ for the rest of the 12 hour light cycle, and if it does drop below 1200 i just fill up a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and it will bump back up. grow is 4' from hot water tank though, so it made it pretty easy. bought a couple co meters to be safe, and have had 0 ppm readings. i will continue using this method through the course of my life. and when you think about it, any gas burning appliance is a 'co2 generator'.

R

Rysam

i ran the exhaust from my hot water tank to my room with 4'' duct, and attached a little booster fan on the end of it. got the idea from another grower. it does a good job of maintaining 800 ppm just through the pilot light. when i take a shower it will go as high as 3800 ppm, in which case i just open the door to my room and let the extra co2 spread throughout the basement, then shut the door when its at 2000 ppm. It will maintain 1200+ for the rest of the 12 hour light cycle, and if it does drop below 1200 i just fill up a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and it will bump back up. grow is 4' from hot water tank though, so it made it pretty easy. bought a couple co meters to be safe, and have had 0 ppm readings. i will continue using this method through the course of my life. and when you think about it, any gas burning appliance is a 'co2 generator'.

thats an awesome idea.
Now you got me thinking how/which route to take to re-plumb the chimney 20' across the garage, hmmm that 20' would probably cool it pretty well too. not to mention a shitload cheaper than buying 2 bottles of seltzer a day (which aint gonna happen).

D

Dubwobble

Good ideas in this thread.

Malachi - I think I am gonna try your plan.
I have all those things here at my house already.

And I'm gonna look into that hot water tank idea for my other place.

Top Bottom