APC8200 Autopilot Problems

• Thread starter GrowChuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowChuck

GrowChuck

I just bought the APC8200 controller, and need so advice!

Basement grow as follows:
Total room size is 12' wide X 13' long w/ single door entry point.
Room is split in half long ways w/2 doors to 2 separate rooms that are appx 5.4' x 6.4'.
Room "A" is Flower with 3 @ 600 watt HSP lights
Room "B" is Veg with 1 @ 600 watt HPS and 3 smaller LED lights
The long room on left side is the work room with a bench, cloner, tea maker, Co2 tank and new controller!

My issue is i just set up the Co2 and Controller, and when i started the Autopilot 8200 both the rooms are reading appx. 850 ppm?
This is WITHOUT the Co2 bottle hooked up to the system? Is there something i'm missing?
What could be causing the Co2 ppm to be that high? That is appx. Twice the normal Co2 level of Air!
Below is a Crude pic of my set up!

ANY Help would be Greatly Appreciated!

Grow room
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Did you calibrate the co2 "sniffer" before use? Read the directions to calibrate it.

Anthem

Anthem

If you were in the room for a few minutes your breathing out CO2 will raise the CO2 level.

GrowChuck

GrowChuck

If you were in the room for a few minutes your breathing out CO2 will raise the CO2 level.
I've been out of the basement area for 12 plus hrs and the lowest it got was 845 ppm.
This is in a 5.4' x 6.4' room with appx 20 plants @ 18"-24" tall!

Anthem

Anthem

Other than calibrating the unit like suggested, is there any other sources that would off gas CO2? Water Heater/heater? Also with 20 plants that size they should be chewing thru the CO2. Either the unit is not calibrated or there is a CO2 source. Normal is between 300 and 400.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

When my heat is on (gas heat), my ambient basement is about 600-800ppm. When the upstairs windows are open, or NO heat or ac, ambient ppm is about 450ish. Lights out.

Anthem

Anthem

When my heat is on (gas heat), my ambient basement is about 600-800ppm. When the upstairs windows are open, or NO heat or ac, ambient ppm is about 450ish. Lights out.
sounds like you have it figured out. The 450ish will continue to drop if there is not additional CO2 added by the heater. It can take time for the plants to chew thru CO2 with the lights out.

GrowChuck

GrowChuck

Other than calibrating the unit like suggested, is there any other sources that would off gas CO2? Water Heater/heater? Also with 20 plants that size they should be chewing thru the CO2. Either the unit is not calibrated or there is a CO2 source. Normal is between 300 and 400.

.I have gas furnace and water heater within 15' in another room.
Also i'm an Idiot and Failed to realize that YES i have 20 plants in that room, but i only have a small light running in there to keep them going! I'm in the process of changing a lot of things (Co2 being 1 of them) in the grow rooms. Just set up Co2 yesterday and threw the sensor in the veg room to check reading.

I just turned on the 3 LED lights in the 20 plant room, and will give it an hour or so then recheck the Co2 readings in that room again!

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Plants do not consume co2 during lights out. That's why we dont run co2 w/o lights on.

GrowChuck

GrowChuck

Plants do not consume co2 during lights out. That's why we dont run co2 w/o lights on.
I'm aware of that. I had a light on it's a veg room, just not a lot of light.
Co2 is Not currently running at all!
My original question was Why is my Co2 in the 800's With out Co2 running?

Top Bottom