Aphid infest mother’s best action

• Thread starter Thrive1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thrive1

Thrive1

Can you please confirm this is aphid infestation I’m certain but have never had infestation of aphids Would appreciate the clarification don’t want to throw all my mothers if I can help it your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aphid infest mothers best action
Aphid infest mothers best action 2
Aphid infest mothers best action 3
Aphid infest mothers best action 4
Aphid infest mothers best action 5
Aphid infest mothers best action 6
Aphid infest mothers best action 7
Aphid infest mothers best action 8
Aphid infest mothers best action 9
Aphid infest mothers best action 10
Aphid infest mothers best action 11
Aphid infest mothers best action 12
Aphid infest mothers best action 13
growsince79

growsince79

Looks bad man. You could try rinsing with a hydrogen peroxide solution. Personally, I'd toss them, sterilize the room, and start over with all new soil.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Major roots aphids.

Root drench merit 75, half teaspoon per 5 gallons of nutrient solution. 2 applications one week apart and theyll all be dead as a doornail.

B

Burned Haze

Biocontrol !
Like stated dirt just one suggestion cap ,guy who owns BioWare suggested to me this brew for root aphids infection for a good defense or success on them .
= Grandevo , pfr 97 (fridge it and it last 3x longer ) & botaniguard 22wp mixed Together

a big key is to have runoff for the biocontrol (not the feed , you need it wet) and enough water (not overwatering ) to each pot like a 3-10gal & is to pre-feed or water (ref: soil or coco). Than make sure when you apply the biocontrol it’s applied even amount and guarantee runoff ( they will hate that tea lol )

have a tout or anything that can hold the runoff for the pot (they will suck it up too ) like a pot holder so it makes a pond for 15-30 minutes vs holding every plant under the biocontrol ( mixture I stated above ) for a few minutes ( that would def suck on your back not not be fun or not be as efficient)

cottageman

cottageman

The only things that have worked for me with root aphids is either an imid product(merit 75 etc.) will instantly kill them but it’s a chemical pesticide. The other thing that worked but not as well was a pyganic root drench for 10 minutes, then wash it out and apply full strength of Biowar root and foliar pack for the systemic properties. It want til I used a merit like product that I actually got rid of them for good

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
True, Imid/Merit is a synthetic variant of nicotine, but its actually orders of magnitude safer for humans than regular nicotine. Check out the MSDS and LD50 values for Merit 75. And used on mother plants... no big deal. Not likely there is any honeybees in your growroom.

cottageman

cottageman

True, Imid/Merit is a synthetic variant of nicotine, but its actually orders of magnitude safer for humans than regular nicotine. Check out the MSDS and LD50 values for Merit 75. And used on mother plants... no big deal. Not likely there is any honeybees in your growroom.
This is exactly why I decided to use it in veg. If you’re clear of the 30-60 day half life, with an already measured dose it seems to be fine. On top of it it’s synthetic nicotine that’s a lot safer like you said. Mothers shouldn’t be a worry and nothing better than aphid nightmares lol

Thrive1

Thrive1

Going to have to chuck them to add my clones have root maggots by the looks cheers appreciate your advise and experiences had does neem oil seems to rid them maybe but loose 2weeks in veg using neem Yet I cant see anything around the fresh growth and leaves and they haven’t touched my DR girn for some reason in the 12/12 4weeks in think the Sulphur Foliar spray 3days after a neem Foliar spray.Could put them outside UV kill slow them to get through flower?

EC6BBAC0 6178 43AC A469 E20DA7323E96
B6368AF6 88F0 4AD1 9769 6E1FB0EBA66D
A6F88891 25AF 4198 A167 3114CEE93699
036F775D 19DF 43D1 AD38 5811D123492F
Thrive1

Thrive1

Going to have to chuck them to add my clones have root maggots by the looks cheers appreciate your advise and experiences had does neem oil seems to rid them maybe but loose 2weeks in veg using neem Yet I cant see anything around the fresh growth and leaves and they haven’t touched my DR girn for some reason in the 12/12 4weeks in think the Sulphur Foliar spray 3days after a neem Foliar spray.Could put them outside UV kill slow them to get through flower?

Top Bottom