Aphids And Spraying With Safer's End-All During Flowering?

• Thread starter WhackityJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WhackityJack

I am growing outdoors in Canada. I have some very nice plants in full bud. Unfortunately I have been battling aphids. I started sparingly using Safer's spray that is mild soap. It is 2 weeks later and the aphids are almost at the verge of getting away on me. I started using Safer's End-All. I have been trying to limit the spray on the buds, but these plants are more bud than leaves. I have sparingly sprayed many leaves, and carefully on the leaves on buds, trying to limit direct spraying on the buds. Today I found an advanced outburst and nailed it, and tonight at dusk I gave them a good going over. I have noticed some leaves are getting synged and some buds have their big bud leaves looking not so good and dying. Am I killing the plants?

Will the Safer's End-All kill the plants? Render the buds useless? Will I be able to fend off the aphids for a few more weeks until harvest?

Thanks!

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

We have had great success just using 1 or 2 tsp. Of regular dish soap in a gallon sprayer. Spray directly on aphids, stems underside of leaves, wherever you see them.
Repeat the spray in 3 days to kill the newly hatched aphids before they reach egg laying stage.
You can then rinse the dead aphids and residual soap off with a strong spray of pure water from a garden hose.

W

WhackityJack

We have had great success just using 1 or 2 tsp. Of regular dish soap in a gallon sprayer. Spray directly on aphids, stems underside of leaves, wherever you see them.
Repeat the spray in 3 days to kill the newly hatched aphids before they reach egg laying stage.
You can then rinse the dead aphids and residual soap off with a strong spray of pure water from a garden hose.
I read how soap can destroy the trichomes, which will make your buds useless. I am not sure if it is true or not.

B

Burned Haze

Venerate xc + yucca ( I would spray every 2-3 Days if infected and 7 days if IPM Normal schedule )

approved in majority USA and Canada and majority of rec/medical states . This company did work very hard to get it approvalable and safe to be for flower on cannabis and organics and till harvest.

Last edited by a moderator:
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

volatile
Why not use them in flower?

Cause its a harsh substance (one of the strongest active ingredients in organic pesticides) and it turns into poison in the pyrolization process.

@Burned Haze listed some good and safe solutions. if you have access to it, i'd listen to him.

W

WhackityJack

volatile

Cause its a harsh substance (one of the strongest active ingredients in organic pesticides) and it turns into poison in the pyrolization process.

@Burned Haze listed some good and safe solutions. if you have access to it, i'd listen to him.
End-All has soap and pyrethrin. Are you saying pyrethrin will stay around and be toxic? Or do you mean the soaps?

I am planning to rinse the plants with water using a sprayer and then after harvest rinse each stock in a large basin of water. Not sufficient?

I don't think I can get anything else up here in Canada. Not sure... Do you know if Venerate xc is available in Canada or if it goes by any other names?

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

End-All has soap and pyrethrin. Are you saying pyrethrin will stay around and be toxic? Or do you mean the soaps?

I am planning to rinse the plants with water using a sprayer and then after harvest rinse each stock in a large basin of water. Not sufficient?

I don't think I can get anything else up here in Canada. Not sure... Do you know if Venerate xc is available in Canada or if it goes by any other names?

I mean pyrethrins. but i wouldn't use soap either, not in flower.
I don't know if you can get it or an equivalent product in canada, what I do know is that the active ingredient is permited to use in organic agriculture in canada.

W

WhackityJack

I mean pyrethrins. but i wouldn't use soap either, not in flower.
I don't know if you can get it or an equivalent product in canada, what I do know is that the active ingredient is permited to use in organic agriculture in canada.
I will look into it tomorrow, but there are licences for commercial growers that give them access to stuff not readily available. I have had to use both soap and pyrethrins. Otherwise I would have lost my plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Venerate xc + yucca ( I would spray every 2-3 Days if infected and 7 days if IPM Normal schedule )

approved in majority USA and Canada and majority of rec/medical states . This company did work very hard to get it approvalable and safe to be for flower on cannabis and organics and till harvest.

Unfortunately just because its approved for LPs in Canada, that doesnt mean anyone can buy venerate xc. It's a controlled pesticide and you need a license to buy it here.

Sacking

Sacking

I am growing outdoors in Canada. I have some very nice plants in full bud. Unfortunately I have been battling aphids. I started sparingly using Safer's spray that is mild soap. It is 2 weeks later and the aphids are almost at the verge of getting away on me. I started using Safer's End-All. I have been trying to limit the spray on the buds, but these plants are more bud than leaves. I have sparingly sprayed many leaves, and carefully on the leaves on buds, trying to limit direct spraying on the buds. Today I found an advanced outburst and nailed it, and tonight at dusk I gave them a good going over. I have noticed some leaves are getting synged and some buds have their big bud leaves looking not so good and dying. Am I killing the plants?

Will the Safer's End-All kill the plants? Render the buds useless? Will I be able to fend off the aphids for a few more weeks until harvest?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, this reply is very late, however, I needed to clarify something that was responded to your inquiry regarding Safer'sEnd-All. So, SOME Safer's products contain pyretherins, but these products are labeled as containing it. The product you asked about, Safer's End-All does not contain pyrethrins. I personally have only used Safer's Insect Killing Soap which is the same as End-All minus the form of neem extract End-All contains. But, I live in N.Cali and use the insect killing soap to control aphids throughout the growing cycle as it's safe to use on flowering plants. But, if what you want to use DOES in fact contain pyrethrins, then think twice and NEVER use it (pyrethrins) on flowering plants. Wish Ida seen this a while back! Cheers 🍻

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

You could try just spraying them off the plant with higher pressure spray of water. You won't get all of them but you should be able to knock them back enough to get to harvest.

I would've done that a few times 2 weeks ago when you first noticed them and then followed up with heavy dose of lacewing or ladybug larvae as soon as I could get them to you. You want the larvae because they are much more voracious at that stage and they don't have wings to fly away or into your lights.

Look up the difference between pyrethrum and pyrethrins when you get the chance. Folks here seem to use the terms interchangeably.

Ponky

Ponky

You're going to want to water cure. But safers is fine. Mild as it gets.

Sacking

Sacking

You could try just spraying them off the plant with higher pressure spray of water. You won't get all of them but you should be able to knock them back enough to get to harvest.

I would've done that a few times 2 weeks ago when you first noticed them and then followed up with heavy dose of lacewing or ladybug larvae as soon as I could get them to you. You want the larvae because they are much more voracious at that stage and they don't have wings to fly away or into your lights.

Look up the difference between pyrethrum and pyrethrins when you get the chance. Folks here seem to use the terms interchangeably.
Using pyrethrin and pyrethrum interchangeably is totally appropriate for our intents and purposes as they pretty much live refer to the same thing. The former being the actual active chemical of the flower while pyrethrum refers to the extracted product from a crop of pyrethrum (or the actual flower itself). I hope this makes sense. 🍻

Latest posts

Top Bottom