Aphids! Should I defoliate more?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Ok so my plants are too massive for thier own good at this point. I neglected them for a solid week and came back to an aphid infestation. I'm a couple weeks into flowering. I sprayed with neem and soap spray on alternating nights as well as doused them with full wateringcand of mix, yes I know you're not supposed to use neem in flower but we just started and I had no choice. My question is this, should I defoliate some leaves to make combating this Fuckers easier? I've always been of the school of thought that leaves are needed in early budding and I've only ever removed dead or dying ones as well as full lower branches. Now as I basically have 6 foot tall shrubs infested with aphids, I feel like that might be my only option. They are definitely less after my 3 night assault, but I also don't want to shock my plants. I'm going to spray with the hose this morning and possibly hit them again tonight. It's a bit urgent as I will be leaving for a week this coming weekend. Any tricks of the trade I may not know? Thanks guys!

Aphids should i defoliate more
Aphids should i defoliate more 2
Aphids should i defoliate more 3
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Ideally yes. I was out of town.
Sorry, bad joke... 🙃😁

I would defoliate a little more... @ComfortablyNumb says, only remove up to 1/3 of the leaves...Do you have current pics?

TSD

TSD

Sorry, bad joke... 🙃😁

I would defoliate a little more... @ComfortablyNumb says, only remove up to 1/3 of the leaves...Do you have current pics?
Well... my moron neighbor had a male and I'm full of seeds... so I'm pretty much over this year at this point lol.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

How far away was that male plant?
@ComfortablyNumb knew a guy from another forum who had about 300 plants (an acre worth of his whole outdoor grow) got pollinated by an outdoor HEMP FARM only 30 miles away from him, and he couldn't do anything about it, coz they were illegal at the time (not the Hemp lol)...Smh...He was NOT a happy Farmer!

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Well... my moron neighbor had a male and I'm full of seeds... so I'm pretty much over this year at this point lol.
Wooow sorry to hear that...What about an indoor grow?

TSD

TSD

@ComfortablyNumb knew a guy from another forum who had about 300 plants (an acre worth of his whole outdoor grow) got pollinated by an outdoor HEMP FARM only 30 miles away from him, and he couldn't do anything about it, coz they were illegal at the time (not the Hemp lol)...Smh...He was NOT a happy Farmer!
Yeah pollen can travel an impressive distance. So frustrating. This was the bulk of my personal smoke crop for the year. Hopefully my 4 at a different location make it through.

Top Bottom