• Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Applied indoor with not the best of exhaust lets say

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Read the label and if you decide to use it after reading the label then research it's consequences and if you still want to use it then I have no further advice in how to safely use it

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Haha word. I personally have never used it caveman so my DNA is safe. Just mad curious to wtf it is. Reading label now :)

Cooler

Cooler

How often do you need to spray avid to kill all broad mites? Some people say it takes them one application, some two. So really how many? Also, will the leaf become curly on the edges after you spray? How long before curliness go away?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Are u infested by BM? the curliness could be also the BM poison, some plant recovery from it (aspirin is your friend) but some genetic will not (also depending on how bad they are)
Properly done spray...with two application is sufficient , a week apart, but you need also an eggicide...avid kills only adults.
Avoid the dripping point, light and uniform spray all over, check/clean/adjust your nozzle BEFORE you load the poison to make sure it mists uniformly (try on a cardboard just water) and doesent soak the leaves...
Yes if you over apply the tips can curl...very similar to BM damage...hilarious no?
be very careful, wear waterproof suite, gloves and respirator....shut all the fan or anything that moves air around...
Do not walk by the area that you sprayed....and in general dont use it as a preventive....only in desperate cases only in veg..
think before you move...that stuff is extremely toxic,and a total PITA to apply but it can solve your problem for good!

It takes 3 days for the abamectin to be broke down by light and temp, so during those days, avoid any contact with plants...

Cooler

Cooler

Are u infested by BM? the curliness could be also the BM poison, some plant recovery from it (aspirin is your friend) but some genetic will not (also depending on how bad they are)
Properly done spray...with two application is sufficient , a week apart, but you need also an eggicide...avid kills only adults.
Avoid the dripping point, light and uniform spray all over, check/clean/adjust your nozzle BEFORE you load the poison to make sure it mists uniformly (try on a cardboard just water) and doesent soak the leaves...
Yes if you over apply the tips can curl...very similar to BM damage...hilarious no?
be very careful, wear waterproof suite, gloves and respirator....shut all the fan or anything that moves air around...
Do not walk by the area that you sprayed....and in general dont use it as a preventive....only in desperate cases only in veg..
think before you move...that stuff is extremely toxic,and a total PITA to apply but it can solve your problem for good!

It takes 3 days for the abamectin to be broke down by light and temp, so during those days, avoid any contact with plants...

thanks for reply buddy.
How long before curliness go away if I over-sprayed? I sprayed with 2,5 ml per gal I think it’s descent. compare to how some people spray it with 4-5 ml per and that’s to much I think.
I also use it on the 1st week of flower is that ok you think since I only have one application left?
Bm poison what is bm stands for? And how do I treat it with aspirin in case it’s not over spraying. What’s the dosages? I’ll send some pictures in a few hours, if you could let me know. Maybe you would be able to tell just by looking at them.
thanks again

3 balls

3 balls

Seems like the farm should put a notice on these old threads concerning toxicity. I'm not saying they cant be used safely-ish but there are a ton of new growers on here these days that could very easily poison themselves and others with some of this shit we used before we knew better. 🤔

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Seems like the farm should put a notice on these old threads concerning toxicity
Definitely, but we also assume that we are adults and like such before using any poison you should read the label and dont go off internet suggestions...or eyeball....
The cannabis growers community in socal but in general in the pacific-north west has abundantly overuse and misused those poisons, intoxicatin themself and the others......creating poison resistant strains of BM and Spidermites...
Abamectin is very toxic to humans and animals before getting broke down by environmental factors...
And by the way, you are right, avid and forbid are not intended for indoor use.
I had an infestation and i couldnt afford to lose the crop so i treated..never seen one again in years...but if you ask me, was not worth the husstle cause the finished product was dogcrap....If you can, restart and clean with bleach or sulfur...
The Broad Mite (BM) saliva its a real bitch....some genetics can recover, some other no, they stay curl and dont produce resin....
Aspirin as soil drench helped a lot to make em grow normally after the damage....
I think was a tablet x gallon...not sure....
I also use it on the 1st week of flower is that ok you think since I only have one application left?
I dont trust what FDA says so would not treat in flower....and i wouldn smoke any product that has been sprayed with that shit...that why i would reccomend only in veg.....
Most of the fruit and vegetable are treated with abamectin.....strawberrys are pure poison!!!

Cooler

Cooler

Definitely, but we also assume that we are adults and like such before using any poison you should read the label and dont go off internet suggestions...or eyeball....
The cannabis growers community in socal but in general in the pacific-north west has abundantly overuse and misused those poisons, intoxicatin themself and the others......creating poison resistant strains of BM and Spidermites...
Abamectin is very toxic to humans and animals before getting broke down by environmental factors...
I had an infestation and i couldnt afford to lose the crop so i treated..never seen one again in years...but if you ask me, was not worth the husstle cause the finished product was dogcrap....If you can, restart and clean with bleach or sulfur...
The Broad Mite (BM) saliva its a real bitch....some genetics can recover, some other no, they stay curl and dont produce resin....
Aspirin as soil drench helped a lot to make em grow normally after the damage....

I dont trust what FDA says so would not treat in flower....and i wouldn smoke any product that has been sprayed with that shit...that why i would reccomend only in veg.....
Most of the fruit and vegetable are treated with abamectin.....strawberrys are pure poison!!!

Here is some picture of my strain after just one application with avid. Please let me know if I should apply a second one in a week. The curliness going out day by day. I could see that after 3 days since I applied. The leafs also become greener. The old leafs which were infected are dying out and looks like don’t spread it on newer leafs. I know I have to cut off all infected leafs which are dying out, that’s what I am trying to do as much as I can but do you think it’s going to be a problem if I won’t notice and leave some on the tree?
Also the pictures I’ve uploaded is still a veggie stage, only one room I have I am already in week one, and the plants are doing not so bad there as well.
My question is to you buddy is my plants still look OK to you or is there any other advice you could give me?

8A6A69FF 873D 477A 9E02 53BC7551F367
0138BC57 C472 4E7F 8182 3ECC309E659C
97224557 B3C1 4C0A 9B05 20F27EC775BF
12BB7CBC ED16 4298 8582 95B8F8811D2C
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

They dont look that bad at all...
If you see improvements prolly means that the bastards are dead...
Do the aspirin treatment, you will see big improvements, also get some chitosan oligosaccaride, that stuff is also magic against the broad mites poisonous saliva....you can soil drench or also spray

Also, thers no reason to reapply abamectin on the area that you already treated because it will stay inside the leaf tissue for 15 days more or less....otherwise you will have phytotoxicity...
The only way to see if you gona have to treat again (not anymore with avid you gona have to change to some other adultmiticde) is getting a scope 60x and check the very top of the plants...also underleaves
If you dont see any living mite consider also to introduce predators!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Conserve sc Spinosad 11% its also effective adult killer, absolutely not toxic but kills only on contact when wet, and it can be used in combo with abamectin or alternated!

Cooler

Cooler

Conserve sc Spinosad 11% its also effective adult killer, absolutely not toxic but kills only on contact when wet, and it can be used in combo with abamectin or alternated!

Great suggestions buddy!!! Thank you!
As far as aspirin how many ml or % the tablet should be?
Chitosan and oligosaccarade is it toxic chemical or is it organic? What’s the dosage?
Also when I fed my plants last time I mixed hydrogen peroxide 4 ml per gal with my nutrients. Is this a good thing to do once in while? I heard some people even do it every time they feed!?

3 balls

3 balls

Got me wondering why not use Azamax? Plenty of folks would say it will kill you too, but realistically it's a reasonable alternative that's not near as nasty. I use it plenty in veg at low strength to avoid clogging stomata so that by flower any thing that might pop up is easily controlled with green cleaner or another OMRI.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Azadirachidin.....good to know, thanks for the hint!!...you use it as preventive foliar? i heard that could be used also as soil drench....but it will show on lab test if used as systemic insecticide....
Do you know if it kills on contact or ist action is translaminar?

Theres many things that kills adults broad or cyclamen mites on contact, but the difficult part in dealing with those bastards if having a 100% coverage without eventual run-off that could cause phytotoxicity or problems in the soil....
The only one in this sense that i read was safe and effective was Spinosad at 11.6% concentration diluited at 2.5g x gallon of water...
I used in combo with the toxic ones so i really cant tell but i read successful first hand stories of eradicating em soaking the hell out of the plants with crazy runoff (no issue in the soil )

When i realized i had an infestation (it took me awhile to) i started research for days....
After sorting a lot of bullshits mainly on cannabis related forum....i found that the commercial food farmers use that toxic combo and the only successful method of eradicating for good broad or cyclamen mites for cannabis grower was the toxic duo...

I hate poisons in general and i dont trust what those big pharma guys says about safety and waiting time before harvest but i really cant find any info on someone that in first person eradicated an infestation with less toxic methods....lots of theories, lots of stories ,lots of advertise on labels and lots of mites too!!
I love the stories of peeps changing house or property because of it...LOL....must be some international trolling cause it happened to read two times this story LOL...
Thers also a lot of people that reccomend a particular preventive treatment , sayng that they are dooin it with success and they dont have bugs but.....they never had em in first place so......its just theory based on what they red on the label...the web is infested with this type of stories...also some of em never checkd with a scope and sprayed based on how the leaves were looking....

Anyway....im all about clean cannabis....and definitely there is a lot of confusion about IPM for Broad/cyclamen mites...
Its definitely time to sort old news and legends and offer to the masses THE successful way to solve the problem and get back on track of producing good and healty meds!!
So....peeps come out and tell your successful experience!!!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Great suggestions buddy!!! Thank you!
As far as aspirin how many ml or % the tablet should be?
Chitosan and oligosaccarade is it toxic chemical or is it organic? What’s the dosage?
Also when I fed my plants last time I mixed hydrogen peroxide 4 ml per gal with my nutrients. Is this a good thing to do once in while? I heard some people even do it every time they feed!?
I dont remember the dosage for the chitosan, it depends wich product you have........no its non toxic and induce immuno response in the plants
hydrogen peroxide is very bad for the soil!! it kills a lot of good bacterias and spores....unless you are in hydro

Top Bottom