Appropriate Veg time table for good harvest

• Thread starter LakerGang89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LakerGang89

LakerGang89

Hi guys. I’m a new grower but I have 3 pure Indica photo strains growing in my 3x3 tent. They are on about day 21 since the seedling emerged from the soil. I have a friend who is a experienced grower and she’s telling me to Veg my plants for 4 months. I was not planning on doing that. She says I won’t get any good bud unless I Veg for that long. I had planned on vegging for about 45 to 50 days before I switched them to flower. Can you guys tell me what would be a good Veg cycle to get a decent harvest. Is 4 months really mandatory for a bomb harvest? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

freezeland2

freezeland2

I don’t think you would want to veg a plant 4 months in a 3x3 tent unless it’s a mother plant. I’d go 6 - 8 weeks max and 4 - 6 weeks is probably more of what I would do. There are other ways to increase the yield. LST for example, or you could HST with topping, super crop etc.

LakerGang89

LakerGang89

I don’t think you would want to veg a plant 4 months in a 3x3 tent unless it’s a mother plant. I’d go 6 - 8 weeks max and 4 - 6 weeks is probably more of what I would do. There are other ways to increase the yield. LST for example, or you could HST with topping, super crop etc.
I’ve topped her once already. I was gonna maybe top her one last time then lst her for the rest of her cycle.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

No set time table. Understand your plant and learn. Get a measuring tape when the plant gets to about 24 inches or so its a good time to flip. 24 inches 36 inches. Doesnt matter. In the time the plant takes to get to 36 inches it will be healthy enough to double size when finished flowering. Assuming environment and feeding is correct.

I use clones they dont take as long as seeds so the time table is different.

growsince79

growsince79

Hi guys. I’m a new grower but I have 3 pure Indica photo strains growing in my 3x3 tent. They are on about day 21 since the seedling emerged from the soil. I have a friend who is a experienced grower and she’s telling me to Veg my plants for 4 months. I was not planning on doing that. She says I won’t get any good bud unless I Veg for that long. I had planned on vegging for about 45 to 50 days before I switched them to flower. Can you guys tell me what would be a good Veg cycle to get a decent harvest. Is 4 months really mandatory for a bomb harvest? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
You don't need to veg long to get excellent buds. If all goes well, you can top twice a week apart and flip in 30 days. If you want a longer veg, just have one plant and veg 45-60 days.

Top Bottom