Aqua Man's 24hr trivia for rights to edit my signature

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok gonna have a little fun here. I'll even correct my illiterate spell check and fat finger mistakes.

If someone can give me the correct answer and explanation for it.... you will own my signature for a week. You send me the text and I'll copy/paste it to my signature.

Rules as follows:

1. 24hrs from time of post it closes.

2. The signature content must not violate forum rules. I'm sure you guys and gals can come up with something within those boundaries 😏

3. Post your answer and it must contain an explanation on why you think it's correct.

4. Feel free to use the web of lies, phone a friend or ask a stranger.

Ok the trivia question:

With a fully grown plant under a high ppfd such as say 1000ppfd which spectrum of light results in the highest photosynthetic rates.

1. Green
2. Red
3. Blue

Don't forget to include the reason why for your choice.

Oh and I'll just leave this here for all you Einstein's... not taunting or anything.
Einstein_tongue.jpg

TSD

TSD

I'm gonna say blue... I have no data to back that up, I feel like I read it on here and my brain says that's the answer. 🤣 I don't want to edit your signature... I just wanna know if I'm right lol.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Green light - A McCree study in 1972 studied the relative quantum yields of the photosynthetic spectrum and found that a mixture of light, with large quantities of green, produced the most photosynthetic output. Green light also penetrates deeper into a grown plant than red or blue.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Red. While red and blue light is absorbed to roughly the same degree, not all blue light goes to photosynthesis — it's absorbed by carotenes and other pigments. All of red light is used in photosynthesis.

Close to half of green light is reflected from the plant.

Kapal

Kapal

Blue most
Red second
Green third

Would say has to do with the absorbtion spectrum of chlorphyll

Absorption spectrum of chlorphyll

Absorptionsspektrum des Chlorophylls

Chlorophyll is now the pigment responsible for the process of photosynthesis, which converts light energy into chemical energy.

Jimmie

Jimmie

I’m gonna say red. It’s my favorite color. I grow outdoors , I have no idea what anyone is talking about when it comes to indoors.red boat, red truck, red rims on one motorcycle. For years only color shirt or sweatshirt. That’s a winner!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ok gonna have a little fun here. I'll even correct my illiterate spell check and fat finger mistakes.

If someone can give me the correct answer and explanation for it.... you will own my signature for a week. You send me the text and I'll copy/paste it to my signature.

Rules as follows:

1. 24hrs from time of post it closes.

2. The signature content must not violate forum rules. I'm sure you guys and gals can come up with something within those boundaries 😏

3. Post your answer and it must contain an explanation on why you think it's correct.

4. Feel free to use the web of lies, phone a friend or ask a stranger.

Ok the trivia question:

With a fully grown plant under a high ppfd such as say 1000ppfd which spectrum of light results in the highest photosynthetic rates.

1. Green
2. Red
3. Blue

Don't forget to include the reason why for your choice.

Oh and I'll just leave this here for all you Einstein's... not taunting or anything.View attachment 1185112
You are missing one # 4 White.....Not so white with HPS but white with led's believe me I've looked straight at the fkers and they're white as hell. I think this blue,red,green sht is all on paper just looks straight at em you'll see....🤔🤔😬😬

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You are missing one # 4 White.....Not so white with HPS but white with led's believe me I've looked straight at the fkers and they're white as hell. I think this blue,red,green sht is all on paper just looks straight at em you'll see....🤔🤔😬😬
Only thing is white is not a spectrum.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Green, per this link, "at high photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD), green light may achieve higher QY and net CO 2 assimilation rate (A n) than red or blue light, because of its more uniform absorption throughtout leaves", further, "at high PPFD, QY inc under green light was among the highest, likely resulting from more uniform distribution of green light in leaves"

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Wish I could join ya... 4 weeks to the day brother. Then it's time to make the most of life.
by then i hope to be drier than i've been. was doing alright there, but you know what's goin on and well, gotta get my kicks in where i can. pay for it tomorrow, but tonight i ain't thinkin about shit other than this islay single malt and underground hip hop. and taking control of your signature for a week 😎

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

Gonna have a stab at it, and suggest the ideal "spectrum" of light is a combination of all. (ie sunlight)

But if choosing only 1 spectrum, I'd say it's red. Given the importance of red light / far red and the "Phytochrome System".

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

According to Dr. Bugbee, blue because it is the most energetic of the wavelengths. It also happens to be the highest absorption for both chlorophyll A and B.

But one could assume, by your "fully grown" statement that we are at the end of flower. In that case, the plant is expecting more red based on the seasonal shifts in light (fall photons have to pass thru more atmosphere to reach earth, and blue is more efficiently absorbed in atmosphere) meaning that more red reaches the plant, and the plants have adapted to make better use of red close to harvest. That said, your question is all about photosynthesis, not ripening or the effect of light spectrums on hormones, so the answer, based on your wording, remains blue from a purely physics standpoint.

But to really flesh this out, one could argue that red and far-red signal the plant to branch more and produce more, larger leaves. This in turn gives more photosynthetic sites, which improves overall light absorption. This is an adaptation by most plants that signals they are in the shade - red but no blue - and forces them to try to grow to get direct light by triggering auxins, gibberellins, cytokinins and abscisic acid changes in the plant.

But again, going by your wording, I assume we are talking about a snapshot in time - plant is already grown - and you just want to measure total sugar produced in X hours under each spectrum individually. If that is really the question, the answer again is blue. If you are asking if the entire grow was only under one spectrum, that will come down to genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom