AquaFarm, WaterFarm, AutoPot, Bubbler?

• Thread starter Mr_Cannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr_Cannabis

Hello all :D

Ive been reading and reading on here for quite a while and thought id just ask a few questions (if you dont mind lol)

Which of the systems do you thinks the best AquaFarm, WaterFarm, AutoPot or Bubbler..

i want to try one 4 my next grow.. its not for about 7 weeks but i just want to get my head around this lot lol.

Ive been using soil for about 2 years now with good results, and want to try hydro but dont want to spend shed loads of money to find out its no good for me :(

Would a Bluelab Truncheon be any good for the readings?

What Nutes would you recommend?

Ive seen hererisssh's DWC and that looks really good :D

So any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mr C

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
DWC rocks as far as maximum overdrive growin but requires attention just like everything else..

I love waterfarms, I run them stand alone and on controllers with killer results and for roughly $55usd you get everything you need for one complete stand alone unit. I run coco in them instead of the hydroton that is included with the kit, works much better IMO.

Bluelab Truncheon is pefect for your EC/PPm but I think you need another meter for your PH, they do not make one that does it all in the truncheon style. Bluelab has other more versitle meters that the truncheon just check their website.

If you really want to keep it simple on nutes, get the "Recipe for Success" from BC Technaflora, it comes as a complete kit with everything you need for a full run, maybe two. Real simple, complete, and works great.

Pure Blend Pro also works great and all the supps are top notch.

Do not use the GH coolaide that comes with the waterfarms, toss it right in the bin when ya get it. The worst nute goin for waterfarms and they include it with the kit...salt lick comes to mind..

Tex

old.Ford

old.Ford

from a neophyte

mr C , I read your thread and have questions on your questions. where do I find out about the bubler and Aqua what ever and waht are nutes and coco. I am 60 and trying to put this together and just dont know what is what just yet. Can you recommend reading material or other direction. My atempts at single plant production have failed miserably. Thanks R

M

Mr_Cannabis

Damm i 4got all about this lol.

Thanks 4 the reply Tex :D Ive bin 2 fetch a Waterfarm 2day...
just a bit confused now. im not using it yet,, how much water do you put in i put 10L and it was just coming through the holes is that ok?
and does it have to drip from the ring or like flow out?

The chap at the grow shop gave me an airstone to put in the bottom. but it dont seem like the pump that came with it is powerful enough because it dont work..
Think i should get a bigger pump?

Thanks in advance :D (i wont 4get about this now lol)

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
What's up mr c. I've had a run in a waterfarm and the results were great. A fill up from totally empty is 2 gallons and ideally you should keep it pretty close to full to avoid root binding.

The air stone really needs to be run from a separate pump. Drill a hole in one of the corners at the bottom of the reservoir bucket and run an additional air line for the air stone. I also drilled out all the existing holes to make them larger for better drainage but not so large that the hydroton falls through.

Speaking of hydroton rinse the hell of out it before you use it for better PH control. Poke a bunch of holes in the bag and rinse it until the water coming out is not clay red. I like to soak it for 24 hours in water PH'ed to 5.5 before I use it.

TK is, as usual, spot on with his recommendations. Pure Blend Pro nutes will yield you great results and though plenty of people have use the GH nutes that come with it using the Lucas formula I couldn't stand the idea after switching from full organics.

Enjoy your new toy :yes

M

Mr_Cannabis

Thanks Hererisssh, Ill go fetch another pump monday.
and ill give the hydroton a good soak aswel and drill more holes like you said. :happy

i asked the lad at the shop to advise on best nutes and got Canna Hydro a+b Vega and Flores,, ive already got PK13/14 and Big Bud.

i wont be starting it just yet.. but ill post my adventure with it on here :D
Thanks Mr C

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Canna makes good products, you'll do well. Be patient getting some of the subtleties of hydro nutrient solution management down.

Top Bottom