Aquafina water PH 6.0???

• Thread starter Germination
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Germination

Hello everyone! I am very very new to the scene I am a first time grower. Had slight problems on my clone of 4 weeks about a week back. Everything seems to be fine now.

however I am slight on funds and only have a shitty ph meter. I don’t trust it. Aquafina has a ph of 6.0 , is this fair to give my girls? I habe not ph’d the run off Bc I’m not sure I trust my meter but I Gave them a first feed a day back with Aquafina and they look better than ever.

isn’t Aquafina technically tap anyways? Can I trust theirPHlevels? And will it drop below a 5,8 for runoff?

thanks a billion

London bud

London bud

Hello everyone! I am very very new to the scene I am a first time grower. Had slight problems on my clone of 4 weeks about a week back. Everything seems to be fine now.

however I am slight on funds and only have a shitty ph meter. I don’t trust it. Aquafina has a ph of 6.0 , is this fair to give my girls? I habe not ph’d the run off Bc I’m not sure I trust my meter but I Gave them a first feed a day back with Aquafina and they look better than ever.

isn’t Aquafina technically tap anyways? Can I trust theirPHlevels? And will it drop below a 5,8 for runoff?

thanks a billion

What country are you in? I'm uk
Im in soil and I use aqua pura its 6.5
6 is a little low if your using soil or coco

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aquafina is basically RO water... So the ph is meaningless. It has no carbonate or bicarbonate to buffer the ph meaning and tiny bit of acid will have a large impact on the ph. It's basically unstable. That's not to say it's bad... It will depend largely on your growing medium. There are simple steps to take to add carbonate or bicarbonate to help stabilize the ph but with a working ph meter I can't explain to you how to go about it.

If in soil no issues (depending on nutrients used maybe lack of cal mag)

Coco (also could be lack of cal mag and depending on nutrient strength could run ph that's to low locking out some nutrients. Would be a good ideas to add carbonate or bicarbonate to stabilize ph)

Hydro (you need to add carbonate or bicarbonate to stabilize the ph or the swings will be terrible)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Problem is ph is highly influenced since it has undergone RO. Small amounts of acid or bases make bigger swings.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OP in all honesty it may be an issue and it may not. Try to get your ph validated or get a new one. Even if you have a friend who has one you can compare it to. There is just no way to tell without it.

Read the plants may help and if you can provide details about the grow we can probably help you better

May be best to just use tap water for now. At least it has some carbonate that will help buffer the usually slightly acid nature of most nutrients.

G

Germination

I am in the states. I hear that depending on area we’re in the ph could differ, bc in ninety nine percent sure is 6.0 here.
I think I should maybe start using a friends to compare and ph the tap

G

Germination

Aquafina is basically RO water... So the ph is meaningless. It has no carbonate or bicarbonate to buffer the ph meaning and tiny bit of acid will have a large impact on the ph. It's basically unstable. That's not to say it's bad... It will depend largely on your growing medium. There are simple steps to take to add carbonate or bicarbonate to help stabilize the ph but with a working ph meter I can't explain to you how to go about it.

If in soil no issues (depending on nutrients used maybe lack of cal mag)

Coco (also could be lack of cal mag and depending on nutrient strength could run ph that's to low locking out some nutrients. Would be a good ideas to add carbonate or bicarbonate to stabilize ph)

Hydro (you need to add carbonate or bicarbonate to stabilize the ph or the swings will be terrible)
Ahh gotcha. Very good suggestions and knowledge I did not know before. I started at what I thought was a true 5.8 ph, atleast that’s what I was trying to replicate.

I also heard over watering can burn the girls and give a ph of 6.5so that is what scares me away from a ph that high.

What is a happy medium do you think now? Should I keep it low bc that’s what they have been receiiving?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahh gotcha. Very good suggestions and knowledge I did not know before. I started at what I thought was a true 5.8 ph, atleast that’s what I was trying to replicate.

I also heard over watering can burn the girls and give a ph of 6.5so that is what scares me away from a ph that high.

What is a happy medium do you think now? Should I keep it low bc that’s what they have been receiiving?
Overwatering won't burn the plants Infact it creates a lack of oxygen in the root zone and the plants cannot take up nutrients.

Can you give some info on your grow like type of medium, nutes you are using, how much are you feeding, watering practices etc. And some pics of the whole plants.

Ideals change depending on what your planted in.

Tap water will generally be over 7 because acidic water can erode pipes that then leech lead etc into the water source.

G

Germination

Would love to.

Clones started in coor however upon receiving them shortly transplanted after into soil my buddy gave me known as Michigan m3 soil.

My buddy also says he doesn’t know how old it is maybe three weeks as of a week ago. So 4 weeks maybe.

watering about every three days as the soil remain fairly wet and holds water well. Just started training yesterday and fed for the first time about two days ago last time I watered. I am used just short of a half gallon of water . I am using fox farm nuts.

i have been going by the chart here although I didn’t know is we were at 3 or 4 weeks so I did tsp if big bloom and three tsp of grow big. Since then many leaves popping out from center branch. I think they needed a that?

510FE79C B0A4 49F5 8ED5 F65F3B9BD167
B8644736 CC70 4636 8A92 3CF1FE1C4875
6C0D68BB 0308 4373 8A61 A07E6882E48A
6A976E74 6C82 4CD9 942D 3DD3FC7B6DE7
BE402291 ABDC 44AB A1CE 5A900A06051E
37ECC443 E3F5 483F 91AC 6F58A7DEE921
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would love to.

Clones started in coor however upon receiving them shortly transplanted after into soil my buddy gave me known as Michigan m3 soil.

My buddy also says he doesn’t know how old it is maybe three weeks as of a week ago. So 4 weeks maybe.

watering about every three days as the soil remain fairly wet and holds water well. Just started training yesterday and fed for the first time about two days ago last time I watered. I am used just short of a half gallon of water . I am using fox farm nuts.

i have been going by the chart here although I didn’t know is we were at 3 or 4 weeks so I did tsp if big bloom and three tsp of grow big. Since then many leaves popping out from center branch. I think they needed a that?
I would say either tap or aquafina or other RO will be fine. No need to worry much the soil will adjust the ph. To be on the safe side if you don't know what's in the tap go with aquafina or RO.

Soil is so much more forgiving than coco or hydro because it will buffer the ph providing it's not way out.

G

Germination

Thank you! By the look of these Howe much more time before you think I should switch into flower. Btw I have a 2x4 ft tent with another girl in there same strain and everything to this one. Only 60 inches high.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you! By the look of these Howe much more time before you think I should switch into flower. Btw I have a 2x4 ft tent with another girl in there same strain and everything to this one. Only 60 inches high.
What are you running in terms of lighting? I would say it's time to flip your plant can double in size in the first 2-3 weeks of flower so that's 30" plus your pot then minimum 6-10 inch hanging height. So yeah anytime now I would flip

G

Germination

What are you running in terms of lighting? I would say it's time to flip your plant can double in size in the first 2-3 weeks of flower so that's 30" plus your pot then minimum 6-10 inch hanging height. So yeah anytime now I would flip

600 watt led but the actual output is only approx 140 w. Is this terrible will it due? Very tight on expenses i guess I’ll have to make it do.
I hear u want 50 watts per square foot minimum and about half this during veg corrct me if I’m wrong. That would leave me at under needed 200 total watts but not by far?

And what height should I leave this to the plants . How much should I lower it for flower phase.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

600 watt led but the actual output is only approx 140 w. Is this terrible will it due? Very tight on expenses i guess I’ll have to make it do.
I hear u want 50 watts per square foot minimum and about half this during veg corrct me if I’m wrong. That would leave me at under needed 200 total watts but not by far?

And what height should I leave this to the plants . How much should I lower it for flower phase.
Probably no closer than 18" off to bed check in tomorrow

G

Germination

Is my light too high?h
Probably no closer than 18" off to bed check in tomorrow
thanks little too high? Night!

G

Germination

also what humidity would you recommend switching to flower in about at 30 inches under the light now. A little high. How low should I drop the led do you guys think?

London bud

London bud

Problem is ph is highly influenced since it has undergone RO. Small amounts of acid or bases make bigger swings.
Absolutely,

If your growing in soil or coco anything under 6 is to low. You need 6.4 give or take

G

Germination

Yikes . And you think they won’t transition weirdly given that they have adjusted to a 6.0 ph?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yikes . And you think they won’t transition weirdly given that they have adjusted to a 6.0 ph?
In soil ideal Ph would be around 6.5. I'm not a soil grower. But like I said the soil will buffer the ph of the nutrients being added to an extent and over time either higher ph or lower ph feed can alter the soil ph and that when you usually start seeing problems.

As for light height of you can download light meter by "my mobile tools dev" (only works on Android) you can measure the lumens at differing heights. For flower ideally over 40k but you may not get there with your light. But that doesn't mean it won't flower it will just mean fluffier and lower yields.

As for humidity 60%ish until later in flow should be good. I won't get into VPD yet but it's something that is beneficial when used properly.

Now one other piece of equipment I like to have is an IR temp gun to be able to check leafs temps they are like $15 off Amazon and it's then easy to see if the leaf temps are to high or low with 75f being ideal for photosynthesis. Again not a must but just some info for you

Latest posts

Top Bottom