Aquaman gets dirty

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok getting close to finishing the small room. 10x7x6' 2" lol. Gotta love that height.

Walls and floors are done sealed so tight a mouse fart may blow the door off. Still need to finish the door as I am cutting it out for the AC.

Full environmental controllers heat, AC, humidifier, dehumidifier with co2.

HLG 600 light.will only be doing about a 5x5 area until I get another light.

Still need to move the equipment in.

And yes first real dirt run so feel free to follow along for the challenges.

Sunshine #4 with 25% vermiculite and possibly a bit more perlite with added myco.

Mega crop ferts nothing else added in terms of ferts and will be going tap water since it sits about 12-140ppm

Addatives will be myco and hygrowzyme.

Some pics of where it's at.

Aquaman gets dirty
Aquaman gets dirty 2
Aquaman gets dirty 3
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey aquaman , im new here so im not familiar with your grows , you seem to have a lot of kind friends here , glad that i got here in time to find a new passionate grower with a group of helpful supporters , looking forward to your grow , thanks for sharing .......

Drooling over the box already

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why the 6'2" height restriction? It seems like an odd number for sure. I look forward to following along. I wish you well with it! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I work with a 6.5 foot ceiling too. With the stand i built more like 5’8”.
Exactly as @MIMedGrower that's the height of the ceiling 😞 but we will make it work. Usually a scrog but no go with that this grow. Will definitely be topping and bending if needed

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Looking good man Have fun with it, just an idea I'd try a pot with just sunshine and and maybe 25% more perlite , talking with a old buddy still in the commercial stuff and kinda what he said if you want good drainage to feed a couple times a day , may give you an idea what works best He's using coco 3g pots with 20-30 % perlite for best results. just an idea, rinse your perlite first with mask on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking good man Have fun with it, just an idea I'd try a pot with just sunshine and and maybe 25% more perlite , talking with a old buddy still in the commercial stuff and kinda what he said if you want good drainage to feed a couple times a day , may give you an idea what works best He's using coco 3g pots with 20-30 % perlite for best results. just an idea, rinse your perlite first with mask on.
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of adding a bit more perlite but I definitely want to keep the vermiculite. It already has 25-35% I'm thinking maybe another 10-15% just for the reason you described but on the same hand I will be hand watering this.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, real curious to see how this vermiculite goes for you. It never worked well for me. Always seemed to keep things too soggy, and grows just didnt turn out great. Then I found promix and never looked back at ol' vermiculite.
Bro don't scare me like that lol... Well I'm dead set on it so it will be what it will be and hopefully I don't regret it.... Always another grow and knowledge to gain.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bro don't scare me like that lol... Well I'm dead set on it so it will be what it will be and hopefully I don't regret it.... Always another grow and knowledge to gain.
Nah, dont let me put you off. I was 20 last time I used it lol. And MiMed has been talking about a study by some Bruce Bigby or something that is using it IIRC. But I think that's 50/50 with perlite, I dont really know, I havent read it. But I'm curious regardless. I've avoided it for 20 years thinking it was shyte in this particular application, cannabis under grow lights etc.... lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nah, dont let me put you off. I was 20 last time I used it lol. And MiMed has been talking about a study by some Bruce Bigby or something that is using it IIRC. But I think that's 50/50 with perlite, I dont really know, I havent read it. But I'm curious regardless. I've avoided it for 20 years thinking it was shyte in this particular application, cannabis under grow lights etc.... lol
Yeah they use a 50/50 peat/vermiculite mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom