Aquaman goes COCO. (Mother hunt)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldman13

Oldman13

So please excuse the typos my phone it seems to have a mind of its own... Yes my smartphone needs to go back to school and be punished by the dean
Capture 2021 03 15 00 19 58
it was only a three million dollar sports car anyway I mean if you're going to crash you might as well do it right

sshz

sshz

Regarding the bug zappers, we were talking about gnats specifically and it will do a thorough job of killing them as they are attracted to the light. it’s meant to run at night, but only in veg and not while flowering. It will work in the day, but at night the light does a better job of attracting anything flying around. Bottom line, the zappers are cheap and effective and better utilized in veg.

Bbonez

Bbonez

24 is where my minds at right now. Never done SOG so I will start with 24 see how they look in veg and then remove some if needed.

I started my SOG on 3/11, I have 29 (ice cream cake)in a 4x4 and 43 (funky charms) in the 8x4. Topped the ICC on 3/19, the FCs were already topped and a little bit bigger when I got them. I think the 4x4 is going to get crowded.

First 4 days I had them all in the 8x4 to save electricity.
Day 1:
20210311 153432

Day 5(after I moved them into 4x4 tray)

20210316 131322

Today 3/22.

20210322 130105
20210322 130124

One more week or so and I'll flip em.

Bdmack

Bdmack

I started my SOG on 3/11, I have 29 (ice cream cake)in a 4x4 and 43 (funky charms) in the 8x4. Topped the ICC on 3/19, the FCs were already topped and a little bit bigger when I got them. I think the 4x4 is going to get crowded.

First 4 days I had them all in the 8x4 to save electricity.
Day 1:
View attachment 1105500

Day 5(after I moved them into 4x4 tray)

View attachment 1105510

Today 3/22.

View attachment 1105511View attachment 1105513

One more week or so and I'll flip em.
Nice move with that cup. Assuming to measure feed volume?

Bbonez

Bbonez

Update on my coco SOG high frequency watering grow.

I flipped them on the 3/30/21 and adjusted the watering to every 2h 45 mins starting @ lights on and last water an hour before lights out. 6 hours into darkness I give them another watering. For a total of 6x per day.

Roots look happy to me:
Screenshot 20210410 084338 Gallery

Buds starting to form:
SmartSelect 20210410 084511 Gallery

Last edited:
D

D_G

You coco multifeeders, at what point do you have to feed during night cycle? I am feeding one hour before lights off and 30min after lights on for first time. First feeding needs to be like ~35% bigger to get runoff.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You coco multifeeders, at what point do you have to feed during night cycle? I am feeding one hour before lights off and 30min after lights on for first time. First feeding needs to be like ~35% bigger to get runoff.
Not until your media is drying up more than around 40% or so overnight. If the top of the coco is looking dry and light brown when lights come on, add a night feeding.

I used 1 gal pots and found I only really needed to start doing night feeds near the end of the flower stretch.

D

D_G

Not until your media is drying up more than around 40% or so overnight. If the top of the coco is looking dry and light brown when lights come on, add a night feeding.

I used 1 gal pots and found I only really needed to start doing night feeds near the end of the flower stretch.
I don't know what 40% means. But my coco is not near light brown dry yet. 1.2gal pots 6x feedings a day. Not sure if I should up the amount as they get ~400ml per feed. How many times do you feed at most on 1gal? 4 plants 4x4

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I don't know what 40% means. But my coco is not near light brown dry yet. 1.2gal pots 6x feedings a day. Not sure if I should up the amount as they get ~400ml per feed. How many times do you feed at most on 1gal? 4 plants 4x4
By 40% I mean almost half the water in the pot is gone. Hard to tell without actually weighing the plants but you can sort of get a feel for it by lifting them up.
On a 1 gal I will usually do 8x per day by early flower, but you can go more if your plants are huge and drying them up, 12x per day and a shot in the dark isn't unheard of for large plants in small containers.

D

D_G

Thanks for help @Dirtbag
I will see if they get significantly lighter between waterings and up the shots if needed. I just went from 3x to 6x and they seem to like it. Not huge, but pretty big plants! First try with such plants in 1gal pot and they seem to grow with rocketfuel!

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I follow the recommendation schedule at cocoforcannabis.com. The way it works out is a 2am feeding with a 10am, 10pm schedule.

I'm afraid if I didn't do a night feed that my ec would spike. It's already 300 points higher than input, and I've been overwatering to bring it down .

D

D_G

I follow the recommendation schedule at cocoforcannabis.com. The way it works out is a 2am feeding with a 10am, 10pm schedule.

I'm afraid if I didn't do a night feed that my ec would spike. It's already 300 points higher than input, and I've been overwatering to bring it down .
How is it working for you? Thats a bit more frequent than I am running. All positive?

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

How is it working for you? Thats a bit more frequent than I am running. All positive?
It's working only too well. I made a mistake allowing a 5th week of vegetation for my 4 plants in a 4x4. I had to pull the plants out mid-flower and replace the tent with a taller one. You can see what's happened in the thread Explosive Growth in Coco Coir.

Right now the runoff EC is higher than I want, and the light is too close, but the plants look great. The EC issue means just a ton of fertilizer going through every day. I end up with 3-4 gallons of runoff per day, and the EC there is around 1800. (1450 input). With so much runoff, I've been diluting by half and watering the plants inside, the plants outside, the trees, the bushes and the vines. Add those plants are taking off too! But I can see why people move on to continuous water systems to cut down on the work mixing nutes and buying fertilizer. I have a 30 gallon reservoir on order (long delay getting it) because I'm tired of refilling the 14 gallon every two days or so.

D

D_G

It's working only too well. I made a mistake allowing a 5th week of vegetation for my 4 plants in a 4x4. I had to pull the plants out mid-flower and replace the tent with a taller one. You can see what's happened in the thread Explosive Growth in Coco Coir.
Haha you are pusing it! My runoff ec started to raise as soon as I upped the fertigations. Running 1450 (500scale?) with high frequent waterings is alot. Can't imagine changing a tent with big plants 😅

I wish I had so much other plants that I could use that much of runoff water for them too.

Oldman13

Oldman13

Update on my coco SOG high frequency watering grow.

I flipped them on the 3/30/21 and adjusted the watering to every 2h 45 mins starting @ lights on and last water an hour before lights out. 6 hours into darkness I give them another watering. For a total of 6x per day.

Roots look happy to me:
View attachment 1111995

Buds starting to form:
View attachment 1111996
Z LOL kind of hard to tell what those roots look like with that Soylent Green filter you got going on there LOL... The way they're hanging out though they should be getting a i r pruned by now? But I'm not really sure what it is you got going on here anyway so on route to the homeboy ,,Roots Ahoy, Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea and just keep sending those microbes to The Roots You See oh, joy to you and me

Capture 2022 03 16 13 25 36
Capture 2022 03 16 13 31 04
Capture 2022 03 16 13 29 10
M

MasterCookie

Was a big MMORP'er for many years until about 5 yrs ago. Now I avoid em like the plauge but got VR free so ima take advantage of that.
If you such mmo player.. Do you know about Luna Legends.. Loved the vanilla version of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom