Are 10 gallon grow bags a good choice?

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

I'm trying to decide if I should get 10 gallon grow bags for my bubba kush fem and my blueberry fem or if I need a different size . I'm new to this and looking for any advice. I also have a few autos I was wondering about using 10 gallons. Thank you anyone in advance.

DevinA95

DevinA95

10gal for sure not needed for autos. 2-3gal is fine.
for the others, if your planning on a long veg time 7-10 is what I use.
Mr.G
Thanks! I already have 3 gallon bags but if I have to order a 10 pack of 7 gallons would I be better off to use the 7 gallons or does it not make a difference?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
What type of mix are you growing in?
The girls never complain about having extra space. Just have to water a little different until roots fill in.

Mr.G

DevinA95

DevinA95

What type of mix are you growing in?
The girls never complain about having extra space. Just have to water a little different until roots fill in.

Mr.G
I havnt got soil yet. That will be the last thing I get. I was considering happy frog but if you have another recommendation I'm all ears.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

10 gallon pots make for some big plants...how much space you have? I use seven gallon pots, vegged for 6-10 weeks, four plants will fill a 4x4. If you can only have a few plants, ten gallons is the way to go. Grow a few monsters. But if not I think 5-7 gallon pots are perfect.

Soil. I use Pro- Mix Hp...a little added perlite, a cup of dolomite lime per seven gallons of soil,,,That's it. Works great.

DevinA95

DevinA95

10 gallon pots make for some big plants...how much space you have? I use seven gallon pots, vegged for 6-10 weeks, four plants will fill a 4x4. If you can only have a few plants, ten gallons is the way to go. Grow a few monsters. But if not I think 5-7 gallon pots are perfect.

Soil. I use Pro- Mix Hp...a little added perlite, a cup of dolomite lime per seven gallons of soil,,,That's it. Works great.
I will probably go with 7 gallons. They're cheaper and I dont want the plants to get too big and possibly attract attention. Plus I dont want to bite off more than I can chew. I will look into pro mix forsure and see my options.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Growing space isnt an issue because if I have to I can spread them out different places. My big issue is finding a spot to hang it when time comes lol.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Im pretty stoned..(as usual) but I thought we were talking about growing indoors....that's why I asked about space...are you planning an outdoor grow?

I don't grow outdoors or haven't in many years but I think seven gallons will still make for a nice plant. Indoors using seven gallon pots, the plants yield around 4-6 ounces per depending on strain and such.

Outside Id say you could get a half pound to a pound per plant in a seven gallon pot. I have a friend who grows some absolute monsters in 5 gallon buckets outdoors, but he has been doing it for years.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Im pretty stoned..(as usual) but I thought we were talking about growing indoors....that's why I asked about space...are you planning an outdoor grow?

I don't grow outdoors or haven't in many years but I think seven gallons will still make for a nice plant. Indoors using seven gallon pots, the plants yield around 4-6 ounces per depending on strain and such.

Outside Id say you could get a half pound to a pound per plant in a seven gallon pot. I have a friend who grows some absolute monsters in 5 gallon buckets outdoors, but he has been doing it for years.
I will be doing all of my growing outdoors until I can manage to start indoors (hopefully by next year). I was going to plant them straight in the ground but not sure about how good the soil is around here (rocky and hilly midwest) thats why I've decided to use pots.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I've been using Promix Mycorrhizae HP with flowering bat guano, worm castings, composted sheep manure for awhile now in 10 gallon fabric bags...works for me.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I use 10g fabrics outside. Indoor a 5g plastic is about as big as I go. A 3g fabric indoors is plenty big enough.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I used 10gal fabric pots last run in coco and definitely too big IMO, at least for coco. I’ll use them next summer for outdoor grow. It really depends on the space you have and how long you want to veg. I filled a 10gal pot with roots in coco to the point where it’s all a root ball and I can’t even get any coco off it to reuse. I also had a long veg time for mainline.
37317EA7 F452 49B0 B25A CAB2E8725956
C1F05189 AE57 4576 8504 05709A58E913
CCCC5210 67D7 4E0C 9508 9FDD952BDAB0

Top Bottom