Are 5 gallon pots really necessary with solo cup results like this?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

I like your thinking @tobh .i have been a little worried actually that when draining mightn b wetting all the media...i think read somewhere humic or fulvic works as an surfactant..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i just got a fluval 3.0 and it is amazing! lol. that one looks great! since my interest in cannabis my house plants benefit and my aquariums too!

i think it would be all about optimizing whatever you have to get what you want. so if you live in an apartment that is 400sqft, and have time on your hands, small high maintenance is the best. if you have no time but lots of space then not so much.

personally, i have nothing but time. so i do lots of plant tending. i am doing a thing right now with one gallon pots and as long as i take care of them they grow. they are in about the third week of flower and looking nice. not far from the same size as the 3 gallon, not on par with the 5 gallon though. seem to look about 4 or 5 days ahead of the 3 gallon pot (all flipped at the same time).

it is all really cool that each style grow or space issue has a solution so you can grow. pole to pole and ring around!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i just got a fluval 3.0 and it is amazing! lol. that one looks great! since my interest in cannabis my house plants benefit and my aquariums too!

i think it would be all about optimizing whatever you have to get what you want. so if you live in an apartment that is 400sqft, and have time on your hands, small high maintenance is the best. if you have no time but lots of space then not so much.

personally, i have nothing but time. so i do lots of plant tending. i am doing a thing right now with one gallon pots and as long as i take care of them they grow. they are in about the third week of flower and looking nice. not far from the same size as the 3 gallon, not on par with the 5 gallon though. seem to look about 4 or 5 days ahead of the 3 gallon pot (all flipped at the same time).

it is all really cool that each style grow or space issue has a solution so you can grow. pole to pole and ring around!
Oh you want to avoid carbon filtration if your using.... if you want to polish your water so it's so clear you almost can't see it go with common polyester batting for quilts pillows etc. and purigen, it's 1000x better imo for removing tannins.

In the tank I posted that is literally supersoil and see how the water is not stained at all

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
that is amazing!!! i am going to change now! i have batting (i crochet stuff that gets stuffed! lol). im in the learning curve on aquarium plants! i got some of the ceramic rings, and its ok, just not something id say was "it". i took some coarse sponge and made a prefilter but that didnt help so i ditched it so i had the space and i didnt like the look, hard to make look normal. the batting makes sense, lots of surfaces!

so... have you tried to convert cannabis? they can make tons of things that don't normally grow in water work.

i started with flourite in the new one. wish id known that then! i washed that stuff for days!

im nowhere as fancy as yours, but...

this is the new one.
20211029 073324

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
not a lot of fish stores around, but i bought what they had. i have ordered some red stuff... because that is what everyone does, but i think id like more wood and rock and i LOVE the covering like you have it.

mostly it is another way to farm and watch! this whole LED thing has made my day! i grew up on a farm, always had gardens. this is working out to be an extension of that. LED brought it all indoors!

i use to use the hood with the two bulbs (incandescent) when i started with aquariums back in the 70s. no light could grow things an LED could grow, and i tried!!!

since mom died, my aquariums and the plant room have reaped the benefits of my newly freed time!

SmokeRings900

SmokeRings900

Those are my solo cups Ruby, spirit Walker Which are Strains from the Autoflower Portal(of which I am a member) bred by Stone.
I should also mention in other forums I am "Arty Zan"!
The 4' ones on the chair is Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion.
My plants are the ones with brown squared Solo Cups 18OZ.
I do not leave in H2O or nutes, when a solo cup get root bound (which the will) leaving in water with a root bound plant will just lead to root rot, as the roots are so tightly packed there is very little oxygen getting to the roots!
Cannabis likes a wet/dry cycle, allowing for the nutrients to be taken up, letting the coco dry a little and then watering again draws oxygen down to the roots!
There is a line because I had to feed multiple times a day, one of the benefits from working from home.
I would feed and let it sit for 15 mins to make sure the maximum nutrient had soak the coco and then would empty the tray/small tuppaware container!
Nice to see my work else where, first posted by me arty zan/Lamsbread on Autoflower Portal and Autoflower network
That is awesome bro I'm going to try it I have clones of GrandPas Stash Ethos genetics I also have some auto beans I will try with some of those also THXS for tip...

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Look great I only tried one time but think I'll give it another go.

20210713 094231
P

Petrochemical

Supporter
This has me reconsidering everything. I’ve got 5 gallon pots now and wanted to go up to 7 or 10s. But is it really worth it??

These guys are growing nicer plants in solo cups and getting higher yields than I got out of a 5 gallon bucket.
I haven't read any other responses yet. I would say to you this, if they are that vigorous in 8 Oz of cup ...imagination what 3-5 gallons could produce. So if u can harvest more most would ...nice vigor...

Top Bottom