Are fem seeds and auto seeds the reason the weed market it watered down with good smelling and looking WEAK weed?

• Thread starter Edubz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Last time I was up I visited one with buds in a jar that they let you touch and look thru a jewelers loupe at the counter! Was the best I’ve ever had from a dispo from any state. I was surprised at the knowledge and quality . Mayb a one time thing ? Idk
There are places that get weed in bulk, but a lot of the growers want names for themselves and do the packaging for eighths and quarters themselves. Before they went recreational, dispensaries got their weed from care givers with extra weed, so there was some excellent shit available.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

cookies is the reason most of the newer stuff is boring as fuck.
If you mean the GSC fad followed by the assorted cookie and cake named strains, I agree that that those buzzes are boring.

But don't give fuck a bad name. If it's boring, it only means you have to spice it up.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Staff
Supporter
If you mean the GSC fad followed by the assorted cookie and cake named strains, I agree that that those buzzes are boring.

But don't give fuck a bad name. If it's boring, it only means you have to spice it up.
imo it's been over worked, over used, played with and played out and hasn't added much aside from stains named after candy and desserts but taste nothing like either. GMO is the only unique thing to come out of gsc but i'd say that comes more from the Chemdog D side. the cut i have (NFC) is useful for making everything frosty as fuck but that doesn't equate to potent or taste. it has a place just not in everything, in my opinion .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
imo it's been over worked, over used, played with and played out and hasn't added much aside from stains named after candy and desserts but taste nothing like either. GMO is the only unique thing to come out of gsc but i'd say that comes more from the Chemdog D side. the cut i have (NFC) is useful for making everything frosty as fuck but that doesn't equate to potent or taste. it has a place just not in everything, in my opinion .
Dude, I'm so looking forward to getting those seeds from you. You have forgotten more about genetics than I will ever know. I don't think people actually know who you are for the most part on this forum. You should do an intro post.

If you growers ever wanted to meet a true OG, this guy is it. I'm sending money and letting him pick the genetics. That should say a lot right there.

DanC520

DanC520

For a long long time I always wondered why the market was flooded with all this good looking, good smelling and some what good tasting bud that was weaker then some 1990s regular weed with sticks and stems

Now as I learn I start to see that there are these auto and fem seeds that, if I'm not misten have been GMOed with chemicals and have been processed , I'm correct?

is the only way to get true old school strong weed is to use male and female plants and do it old school? While the auto seeds seem great for a beginner like me,. something tells me it won't come out as strong as the regular weed seeds.

Something is tell me not to go with auto and fem seeds because my weed won't be strong

Now I could be wrong, but this is what my gut tells me,.am I wrong or right in my thinking?
You’re wrong.

C

chronic2

I'm trying to understand what you are saying here... In terms of leaves, you kinda lost me. Cannabis starts with (typically) 3 blades, and as it matures might be 13. It's not an indica / sativa thing.

skipping ahead, the good stuff? I think you are looking for lsd.
Never tried it. First post out the gate and sure enough, if it's not tech driven questions, I give the closest answer to go look see, like if there is gas in tank for a no start. Then it's here at bud-me-buzz city central, 'no one listens to turtle.' Besides, no matter where I go, someone always needs a yoda, key, the combination to the lock, or I give up. I can make a book of quotes I've saved.

I'll quantify to see if you see what I saw. I came here because I was going to ask if this is what I'm seeing, or am I dreaming. I went to buy store bought and when I cleaned it, two seeds fell out of it. So I planted them on the side of the house with the most sun. I went cave man and just watered only from start to finish. One male, one female, I had seeds for the next season.

The next year, I find two plants growing in the backyard, and that's with felt tarp over the ground, stones on top. I did not plant them. They grew that [next] season and I noticed one as in the punk collection of buds, the other was the sativa growth with that branch separating the buds. The only way those seeds got there is from the wind when I was growing for seeds of the store bought.

They were both rudy's. Next season they grew again but in different places, I guess off of that first gen [out of the stones], and I didn't pull the plant, just cut to the bottom at the stones. Yes, it grew out of the stump, believe it or not. I did find a few seeds now and then on that 2nd harvest. I kind of learned how to catch the males before they pop by this time, but I've pulled them too soon one season, found a female turn male [one branch] and, there you go seed wise, I didn't catch it in time.

Now this is the 1st gen growing in the stones. Bottom leaf is indica dominate by the fat leaf. At the right you can count a 5 leaf rudy. This one turned into a punk like branch or indica. Second photo is a lot of sativa. This grew where the stem was bare, then up to the next bud and so on.

So if you can figure out how from one plant around the house, these wind up in the stones all random. Seed wise, it's from the original female. Seed wise, whole he craps in the 100% cotton briefs, this is above my pay grade.

IMG 20200822 081524 517
IMG 20200822 081449 340
Last edited: