Are fem seeds and auto seeds the reason the weed market it watered down with good smelling and looking WEAK weed?

• Thread starter Edubz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Last time I was up I visited one with buds in a jar that they let you touch and look thru a jewelers loupe at the counter! Was the best I’ve ever had from a dispo from any state. I was surprised at the knowledge and quality . Mayb a one time thing ? Idk
There are places that get weed in bulk, but a lot of the growers want names for themselves and do the packaging for eighths and quarters themselves. Before they went recreational, dispensaries got their weed from care givers with extra weed, so there was some excellent shit available.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

cookies is the reason most of the newer stuff is boring as fuck.
If you mean the GSC fad followed by the assorted cookie and cake named strains, I agree that that those buzzes are boring.

But don't give fuck a bad name. If it's boring, it only means you have to spice it up.

Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
If you mean the GSC fad followed by the assorted cookie and cake named strains, I agree that that those buzzes are boring.

But don't give fuck a bad name. If it's boring, it only means you have to spice it up.
imo it's been over worked, over used, played with and played out and hasn't added much aside from stains named after candy and desserts but taste nothing like either. GMO is the only unique thing to come out of gsc but i'd say that comes more from the Chemdog D side. the cut i have (NFC) is useful for making everything frosty as fuck but that doesn't equate to potent or taste. it has a place just not in everything, in my opinion .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

imo it's been over worked, over used, played with and played out and hasn't added much aside from stains named after candy and desserts but taste nothing like either. GMO is the only unique thing to come out of gsc but i'd say that comes more from the Chemdog D side. the cut i have (NFC) is useful for making everything frosty as fuck but that doesn't equate to potent or taste. it has a place just not in everything, in my opinion .
Dude, I'm so looking forward to getting those seeds from you. You have forgotten more about genetics than I will ever know. I don't think people actually know who you are for the most part on this forum. You should do an intro post.

If you growers ever wanted to meet a true OG, this guy is it. I'm sending money and letting him pick the genetics. That should say a lot right there.

DanC520

DanC520

For a long long time I always wondered why the market was flooded with all this good looking, good smelling and some what good tasting bud that was weaker then some 1990s regular weed with sticks and stems

Now as I learn I start to see that there are these auto and fem seeds that, if I'm not misten have been GMOed with chemicals and have been processed , I'm correct?

is the only way to get true old school strong weed is to use male and female plants and do it old school? While the auto seeds seem great for a beginner like me,. something tells me it won't come out as strong as the regular weed seeds.

Something is tell me not to go with auto and fem seeds because my weed won't be strong

Now I could be wrong, but this is what my gut tells me,.am I wrong or right in my thinking?
You’re wrong.

C

chronic2

I'm trying to understand what you are saying here... In terms of leaves, you kinda lost me. Cannabis starts with (typically) 3 blades, and as it matures might be 13. It's not an indica / sativa thing.

skipping ahead, the good stuff? I think you are looking for lsd.
Never tried it. First post out the gate and sure enough, if it's not tech driven questions, I give the closest answer to go look see, like if there is gas in tank for a no start. Then it's here at bud-me-buzz city central, 'no one listens to turtle.' Besides, no matter where I go, someone always needs a yoda, key, the combination to the lock, or I give up. I can make a book of quotes I've saved.

I'll quantify to see if you see what I saw. I came here because I was going to ask if this is what I'm seeing, or am I dreaming. I went to buy store bought and when I cleaned it, two seeds fell out of it. So I planted them on the side of the house with the most sun. I went cave man and just watered only from start to finish. One male, one female, I had seeds for the next season.

The next year, I find two plants growing in the backyard, and that's with felt tarp over the ground, stones on top. I did not plant them. They grew that [next] season and I noticed one as in the punk collection of buds, the other was the sativa growth with that branch separating the buds. The only way those seeds got there is from the wind when I was growing for seeds of the store bought.

They were both rudy's. Next season they grew again but in different places, I guess off of that first gen [out of the stones], and I didn't pull the plant, just cut to the bottom at the stones. Yes, it grew out of the stump, believe it or not. I did find a few seeds now and then on that 2nd harvest. I kind of learned how to catch the males before they pop by this time, but I've pulled them too soon one season, found a female turn male [one branch] and, there you go seed wise, I didn't catch it in time.

Now this is the 1st gen growing in the stones. Bottom leaf is indica dominate by the fat leaf. At the right you can count a 5 leaf rudy. This one turned into a punk like branch or indica. Second photo is a lot of sativa. This grew where the stem was bare, then up to the next bud and so on.

So if you can figure out how from one plant around the house, these wind up in the stones all random. Seed wise, it's from the original female. Seed wise, whole he craps in the 100% cotton briefs, this is above my pay grade.

IMG 20200822 081524 517
IMG 20200822 081449 340
Last edited:
RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Absolutely not. I've grown autos with over 33% thc from Rocbud and Mephisto autos over 25% its mass growing where each plant isn't treated with top shelf care in my opinion. They are just anxious to get weight and decent or fairly decent weed to market to meet demands is my opinion

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I don't think THC% tells the full story, in my opinion.

I've been as stoned as dudes gravel yard off of stuff that tested 14%, while 'certified' 29% had me questioning the lab that tested this stuff.

R

ritoMox

Now as I learn I start to see that there are these auto and fem seeds that, if I'm not misten have been GMOed with chemicals and have been processed , I'm correct?

is the only way to get true old school strong weed is to use male and female plants and do it old school?
While the auto seeds seem great for a beginner like me,. something tells me it won't come out as strong as the regular weed seeds.
#1) I'd say that you're right on that. We know that weed adapts to where it's grown, how it's grown, etc. Giving it too much TLC has no doubt also contributed to the foofooing of a lot of genetics which #2) I suspect can be corrected over the course of several generations of beating the shit out of them to make them fight for their survival. That sounds like it should bring all of those coveted genes back to dominant status. Just give them a brutal rude awakening and continue with the survivors.

E

elusiveshame

The weed I’ve smoked in the last 5 years out performs the weed I smoked the decade prior.

I’d say if anything, we have a lot more variety and potency to choose from, and the information to grow the potency (from trichome coloring to couch lock to europhic/motivational highs) than ever before.

TSD

TSD

cookies is the reason most of the newer stuff is boring as fuck.
I totally agree, I just said that on another post, stop crossing everything with damn cookie strains... I'm all about the taste and anything with cookies genetics just doesn't have it for me... I'm sure plenty love it. I grew a GSC last year and I still have like a qp in jars that I literally give away. It gets you stoned enough, I just like to enjoy what I'm smoking... if I wanted to choke down bad tasting smoke, I'd be a cigarette smoker lol.

R

ritoMox

I’ve grown autos, fems, and regs. Strong weed from all.
Yep, I agree that in many instances THC content has gone way up. I'm just wondering if we haven't been diluting down other things to get to that higher THC. I can get weed that is plenty strong in the buzz department, but most is very week on taste/smell, which are things I enjoy more now than ever. Obviously it all depends on the genetics that you come across, but we have to be careful that we maintain some old school genetics.
Edit: Thank you for the clarification! ✌️

Last edited:
Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

The weed I’ve smoked in the last 5 years out performs the weed I smoked the decade prior.

I’d say if anything, we have a lot more variety and potency to choose from, and the information to grow the potency (from trichome coloring to couch lock to europhic/motivational highs) than ever before.
True, but there's also a plethora of bad genetics and questionable breeders. Back in the day, you got seeds or clones from an old man in the hills that's been keeping a mother alive for a decade and making seeds for two decades. I used to have legit swamp monster, the shit people say they have now, but are full of shit, duckfoot leaves, massive trees, can't contain the smell without a jar and for the love of god, don't open that shit in the car! It came from such a mountain man, and I had a mama for years.... this was early 2000s. I've not encountered anything that even comes close to that flavor profile, and the buzz would send inexperienced smokers into a blanket fort to contemplate life (this literally happened to my husband, before he was my husband and before I turned him into a stoner 🤣) The gene pool was just way less diluted back then and growing was less high tech. Some bomb strains are gone forever, and that's always sad to think about, but such is life, shit goes extinct all the time.

DanC520

DanC520

Yep, I agree that in many instances THC content has gone way up. I'm just wondering if we haven't been diluting down other things to get to that higher THC. I can get weed that is plenty strong in the buzz department, but most is very week on taste/smell, which are things I enjoy more now than ever. Obviously it all depends on the genetics that you come across, but we have to be careful that we maintain some old school genetics.
Edit: Thank you for the clarification! ✌️
It’s not just strong. I should have clarified. I’m getting all the boxes checked (outside of washing, I don’t make hash). Strength, bag appeal, nose, taste, etc.

R

ritoMox

It’s not just strong. I should have clarified. I’m getting all the boxes checked (outside of washing, I don’t make hash). Strength, bag appeal, nose, taste, etc.
Yeah, it depends on the genetics you come across.

Top Bottom