Are my hemp plants flowering?

• Thread starter kAzAzA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Good evening! This is my first ever grow, I have never grown anything before and I have no idea if these two plants are flowering. They are on 18/6 schedule so idk how but any help would be appreciated. I got these seeds from a 1/4 of industrial hemp I bought from the smokehouse to try. I figured I would practice on these seeds before buying seeds to grow. I potted them in solo cups after paper towel germinating, then 3.5 gallon, then the 5 gallon cuz they r so big they were getting root bound. I potted them on 7-20 and plan to put them into flower when they recover from transplanting on the 1st. Thanks!

Are my hemp plants flowering
Are my hemp plants flowering 2
Are my hemp plants flowering 3
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Welcome the FARM! 👍 🤙😎

Naaaawww...You're looking at about 24 mos. to go....🤔 J/k! You're SO into flower, all those round buds with white "hairs" sticking out of them are BUDS! 👍

I just can't believe they were transplanted while in flower mode, but they loook good...🤔🙃😁

Last edited:
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Btw...What's that growing in the left bucket along with your plant? I suggest you remove the little seedlings and transplant them into their own containers too...

And oh yeah, you'll need to add holes in your buckets too, allowing them to breathe better...👍😎

kAzAzA

kAzAzA

I HAD to! I read they double in flower mode right?! So if I didn't they would have root bound. How are they flowering in 18/6 light schedule?!?!?! I'm soooo confused. The other one isn't, I know its a different phenotype, it has 11 fingered leaves!!! What is going onnn? I read its bad to transplant during flower but being rootbound during flower is worse. Am I ok here? What should I do? I'm going to give them some Superthrive Saturday to give the root system bugs some support to build some roots cuz I broke a few on the bigger plants cuz I didn't know you have to water first. Lol I'm learning as I go and thankfully my girls think my singing makes up for my mistakes!!!

20210902 191439
20210902 191458
kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Btw...What's that growing in the left bucket along with your plant? I suggest you remove the little seedlings and transplant them into their own containers too...

And oh yeah, you'll need to add holes in your buckets too, allowing them to breathe better...👍😎
They are sweet basil and dill for terpene boost and marigold for pests.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

I HAD to! I read they double in flower mode right?! So if I didn't they would have root bound. How are they flowering in 18/6 light schedule?!?!?! I'm soooo confused. The other one isn't, I know its a different phenotype, it has 11 fingered leaves!!! What is going onnn? I read its bad to transplant during flower but being rootbound during flower is worse. Am I ok here? What should I do? I'm going to give them some Superthrive Saturday to give the root system bugs some support to build some roots cuz I broke a few on the bigger plants cuz I didn't know you have to water first. Lol I'm learning as I go and thankfully my girls think my singing makes up for my mistakes!!!
Calm dooooownnn...They're okaaaay, probably better than you atm, but yeah.... 🤣

Whatever was done, is already done and over with, just go with what the plants will "asks" for from here on...lol...I'm no expert, but there are a lot of growers here that will be glad to help you along the way, meanwhile surfing around the FARM and checking out other's grow logs, etc. will also be beneficial to you too! 👍🙂

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Calm dooooownnn...They're okaaaay, probably better than you atm, but yeah.... 🤣

Whatever was done, is already done and over with, just go with what the plants will "asks" for from here on...lol...I'm no expert, but there are a lot of growers here that will be glad to help you along the way, meanwhile surfing around the FARM and checking out other's grow logs, etc. will also be beneficial to you too! 👍🙂
So any ideas on how or why they went into flower on a 18/6 light/dark schedule? Maybe it has some ruderalis genes? Its definitely got some sativa genes. The difference in the two from the other is vast! I got six seeds from this 1/4. Maybe it got pollinated on the farm from someone's home plants or something. Idk I'm too new at gardening nevermind plants genetics!

kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
I appreciate the watering info but how does that relate to the plants going into flower? The leaves that look rough on the bottoms are from after the transplant. I did the one gallon of water that was recommended at the transplant two days ago. I think the yellow tips are from light burn, they grew up into the lights a bit. I thought over watering was the bane of hemp existence so I erred on the side of caution and probably underwatered a bit. Twice a week in their 3.5 gallons, not sure how its gonna be in these pots. Unless basic watering is to blame for them going into flower, what is the reason otherwise? Thx

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I appreciate the watering info but how does that relate to the plants going into flower? The leaves that look rough on the bottoms are from after the transplant. I did the one gallon of water that was recommended at the transplant two days ago. I think the yellow tips are from light burn, they grew up into the lights a bit. I thought over watering was the bane of hemp existence so I erred on the side of caution and probably underwatered a bit. Twice a week in their 3.5 gallons, not sure how its gonna be in these pots. Unless basic watering is to blame for them going into flower, what is the reason otherwise? Thx
Watering always applies in some manner or another, so I include it. I also include it for people that are reading but not posting.
But there is a maybe not 'new' but updated method for watering that takes the guesswork out.

Autos will flower in 18/6 everytime. When they are ready, they don't care what the light schedule is.

kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Watering always applies in some manner or another, so I include it. I also include it for people that are reading but not posting.
But there is a maybe not 'new' but updated method for watering that takes the guesswork out.

Autos will flower in 18/6 everytime. When they are ready, they don't care what the light schedule is.
Ah ok thx! So they must be an autoflower/hemp cross. Out of the 3 seeds that made it 2 are autos and one isn't, from the SAME jar of CBD?!?! I know this is possible because I'm looking at the results but I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I switch to 12/12, for these two, who are apparently autos, or leave the lights 18/6? I appreciate any advice or help. Thx all! Have a gr8 day!!!

kAzAzA

kAzAzA

Ah ok thx! So they must be an autoflower/hemp cross. Out of the 3 seeds that made it 2 are autos and one isn't, from the SAME jar of CBD?!?! I know this is possible because I'm looking at the results but I'm not sure how to proceed. Do I switch to 12/12, for these two, who are apparently autos, or leave the lights 18/6? I appreciate any advice or help. Thx all! Have a gr8 day!!!
I tried to upload a picture of the jar the seeds came from. Here it is. I'm considering calling New Hope CBD and asking what their Hawaiian Haze cross is so I know more about how they r going to behave but idk if that is poor gardener etiquette lol.

20210903 083706

Latest posts

Top Bottom