Are my leaves telling me to flush?

• Thread starter Sick66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sick66

Sick66

Running FF trio nutes, ocean forest soil, bp1000 lights about 16 inches away, 3-4 weeks into flower, temps run 80-70f between day and night. Concerned about the yellowing in the leaves so I’m giving her a good ol 4 cycle flush (no nutes for 4 water cycles). I was thinking potassium deficiency/lockout? What do you think?
Are my leaves telling me to flush

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Ya, i would flush the soil. Only thing is if you are going to water for the next four cycle time than that is not the definition of "flushing"
Instead what I would do is give it water 2x the pot size followed by a nutrient feed. She will go in shock until soil is dry and if you are using fiber pots than even better.

When you over water it the soil opens and all the salt build up will wash off, this is flushing.
When you give it water for the next four rounds you are not necessary flushing but instead you are moving the salt build up on top of the soil to the lower side.

Sick66

Sick66

Ya, i would flush the soil. Only thing is if you are going to water for the next four cycle time than that is not the definition of "flushing"
Instead what I would do is give it water 2x the pot size followed by a nutrient feed. She will go in shock until soil is dry and if you are using fiber pots than even better.

When you over water it the soil opens and all the salt build up will wash off, this is flushing.
When you give it water for the next four rounds you are not necessary flushing but instead you are moving the salt build up on top of the soil to the lower side.
Yeah I guess my “flush” is just putting her on a diet lol. Thank you for the advice!! Any guesses on what may have caused the yellowing?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah looks like excess nutrients gradually built up until it started to block the roots. Thats what lockout is. And at the same time the excess nutrient buildup lowers the ph which is what causes the weird mid leaves striping. Ph swing.

i would run fresh water through to runoff (i continually meter ec and ph to if necessary) and see what you are dealing with. Then likely run a lighter nute solution through to clear out the rest.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeah I guess my “flush” is just putting her on a diet lol. Thank you for the advice!! Any guesses on what may have caused the yellowing?
mimedgrower just mentioned why, Just run tap water 2x the pot size and then feed it. lower your nutrient from last feeding.
What is your water ph?

Sick66

Sick66

mimedgrower just mentioned why, Just run tap water 2x the pot size and then feed it. lower your nutrient from last feeding.
What is your water ph?
Will do tonight. Water ph is whatever comes out the tap ( I sit it out for 24 hours to dechlorinate) I use ocean forest soil which is already ph balanced so I kinda lean on that and just measure the soil ph here and there. I can test it when I get home from work

Top Bottom