Are My Lights Too Close?

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

Hey,

First autoflower grow and I’m worried I placed my lights too close. I’ve had them 18-20” the entire time. They are healthy they just haven’t stretched much.

I’m two days into week three. Light is 18-20 still. Should I raise the lights at this point to get some stretching?

GSC fastbuds

Are my lights too close
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You could raise them some more if you’d like. They should stretch a little more as they grow. It’s still early.

Nugg

Nugg

Idk what lights you have but...I'd say yes.i have to run mine 30' to get them to move...raise light way up... watch the plants..they should start to point upwards..they will stretch at this point...lower lights until leafs just lay flat again.. measure that point for future reference.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Idk what lights you have but...I'd say yes.i have to run mine 30' to get them to move...raise light way up... watch the plants..they should start to point upwards..they will stretch at this point...lower lights until leafs just lay flat again.. measure that point for future reference.
So just to help myself understand.

My thinking was of my lights are too low and they’re not burning my plants they’re essentially still stunting their growth because they’re not stretching for more light, therefore they’re not growing to their maximum potential size?

Or does that matter? There’s a guy on YouTube with a similar light, from seed to stoned. Did a budget grow kept the light at 18” had great results.

I guess I’m just afraid that they won’t stretch and will yield less because of it

Naturalx

Naturalx

You could raise them some more if you’d like. They should stretch a little more as they grow. It’s still early.
Is there harm in not raising them? If your plants don’t stretch do they yield less? I’ll bring them up tk 24” and see how they fair. Maybe even a bit higher

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Not really in fact I like shorter squatter plants when vertical space is limited.

BudBogart

BudBogart

So just to help myself understand.

My thinking was of my lights are too low and they’re not burning my plants they’re essentially still stunting their growth because they’re not stretching for more light, therefore they’re not growing to their maximum potential size?

Or does that matter? There’s a guy on YouTube with a similar light, from seed to stoned. Did a budget grow kept the light at 18” had great results.

I guess I’m just afraid that they won’t stretch and will yield less because of it

If they are not burning, they are not too close. They look very healthy to me. I would expect them to do just fine. I don’t grow autos and I don’t grow indoors but I grow seedlings under lights so whatever my opinions worth, lol. Best of luck.

chemistry

chemistry

If you want them to grow, move them over to 18/6. Auto's have a lot of Ruderalis in them, so need a lot of light, that includes flower too.

Naturalx

Naturalx

If you want them to grow, move them over to 18/6. Auto's have a lot of Ruderalis in them, so need a lot of light, that includes flower too.
I’m on 18/6 right now, have been the whole way through. We’ll see how these ladies turn out. I’m going to raise my lights 4 inches and leave them to grow into them. Keeping them at 18” throughout all of flower

chemistry

chemistry

I’m on 18/6 right now, have been the whole way through. We’ll see how these ladies turn out. I’m going to raise my lights 4 inches and leave them to grow into them. Keeping them at 18” throughout all of flower

Sorry, thought it said 18/20 some were. Keep truckin like your are doing then. lol

Top Bottom