Are my mother plants dying?

• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyGrow309

Here's a picture of my three mother plants. I threw them in the basement after making about 300 clones out of them. Now I don't know if they've just had enough or what happened but they're weird even after I defoliated them. They were even worse than this before. Also keep in my mind my basement has no ventilation. Maybe the lack of new air is causing this? Temp stays around 23 degrees Celsius and humidity around 60% on its own

Are my mother plants dying
Are my mother plants dying 2
J

JohnnyGrow309

if you have 300 clones from them than you can keep one of the clones as a new mother. Gives you a fresh start to get another few hundred
Won't that lose potentcy or is that a wives tale? I heard clones of clones lose their original makeup. Any thoughts?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
probebly, not too sure as i'm trying it my self but i would say maybe after multiple times. Not sure on the exact number of days if thats what you are after.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
It's common practice to start a "new mother" with one of the cuts after a certain period of time. Especially after you just ravaged her for 300 clones. Jeesh.
Agreed, when I grew indoors I would start a new mother off her clone after every 100 clones. Wasn’t for health reasons but to keep a manageable size of the mother. But I never felt the clone of the main mother any lower potency or quality issues.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Clones are an exact genetic copy of the Mother. I have ran strains for ten years or better. You however can change the quality of the clone by lack of proper care.

R

Raiders

I’m going through the same issue! I recently switched from fresh air growing to co2.. I’m wondering if it’s the ventilation you talked about. My leaves started showing a dark purple coloration exactly like yours. I feed it the same way I always did when I did fresh air too and never had issues. The only difference is when I sealed the room and went co2..

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m going through the same issue! I recently switched from fresh air growing to co2.. I’m wondering if it’s the ventilation you talked about. My leaves started showing a dark purple coloration exactly like yours. I feed it the same way I always did when I did fresh air too and never had issues. The only difference is when I sealed the room and went co2..
I don’t run co2 so take this for what ya will but add co2 need more light need more food , if I’m not mistaken the co2 increases the efficiency the plant photosynthesis

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
also, what ppm did you have the co2? how much air exchange was there? there is alot to consider. I suggust making your own thread so members can help you

Top Bottom