Are my nutrients out of solution?

• Thread starter SwoleGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Has anyone had this happen in their topoff res?
Are my nutrients out of solution 2

Are my nutrients out of solution

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Yeah, you got some funk building up. People swear by hydroguard, but I'm an enzyme komplete fan. Few drops clears my rez up no problem.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Yeah, you got some funk building up. People swear by hydroguard, but I'm an enzyme komplete fan. Few drops clears my rez up no problem.
DWC or ebb and flow?
RDWC- I think the evening sun rays coming through the door I leave open is the reason. I checked the res temps and they were 71F at that moment but could’ve spiked after I left out. Later that night when I came back the temps were 68F but accompanied by this buildup.
I’d be blinded trying to get this view in the evenings because of the sun ray that’s positioned perfectly to make it through
E58F2423 BAFB 4215 BFCE C01085551D11

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

The temp shouldn't do that to your rez. My temps flirts with 70s-75... now if light were getting in your rez. Different story... scoop some out and dump it in regular water. See what it looks like. Is it leaving a film at all? Does it smell?

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

The temp shouldn't do that to your rez. My temps flirts with 70s-75... now if light were getting in your rez. Different story... scoop some out and dump it in regular water. See what it looks like. Is it leaving a film at all? Does it smell?
Yes, the suns rays were actually on a small section of the water. If you look at the res you can see the cutout for the aquarium filter I was using. That cutout is exactly where the light will hit in the afternoons.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Yes, the suns rays were actually on a small section of the water. If you look at the res you can see the cutout for the aquarium filter I was using. That cutout is exactly where the light will hit in the afternoons.

Well then, light hitting inside your rez can lead to algae.... Would for sure fix that before end up with a shitty unfixable problem.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

Well then, light hitting inside your rez can lead to algae.... Would for sure fix that before end up with a shitty unfixable problem.
most definitely. Season changing, getting hotter by the minute here in the south.

Latest posts

Top Bottom