Are my plants done?(noob)

• Thread starter Xan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xan

Xan

OK this is my first grow these are autos that say they are done in 60-70 days . Today is day 65 . I am sure how to tell by looking at the crystals does anyone have a side bv side comparison. Here are some pics. I bought a micro scope that hooks up to my phone. Also should give them dark for 48 hours before chopping down? Can I dry them in the same tent that I have 2 younger plants still going or in the dark. I heard some guy say that the light effects the thc and to dry in dark. Please keep in mind I learned off of youtube and have no prior experience.

Are my plants donenoob
Are my plants donenoob 2
Are my plants donenoob 3
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Lookin good! What strain? I would wait at least another week or two, until more amber trich heads appear (max 20-30% on the calyxes, not the sugar leaves). Calyxes will all swell and hairs will all brown/recede.

Also yeah only dry them in the dark/dim

TerriR

TerriR

OK this is my first grow these are autos that say they are done in 60-70 days . Today is day 65 . I am sure how to tell by looking at the crystals does anyone have a side bv side comparison. Here are some pics. I bought a micro scope that hooks up to my phone. Also should give them dark for 48 hours before chopping down? Can I dry them in the same tent that I have 2 younger plants still going or in the dark. I heard some guy say that the light effects the thc and to dry in dark. Please keep in mind I learned off of youtube and have no prior experience.
Done or not...be proud of those buds!

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

I have read that since nutes are stored in roots during the dark, then called up for photosynthesis when the lights come on, leaving the lights off for a day or two before harvest can benefit flavor. Same with skipping the last watering or two. Going to try both techniques this round. Anyone have experience with either?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Harvest just before the lights usually come on. This is because during exposure to light and heat terps break down and are replenished during the dark period. I leave mine in dark usually about 16 hrs due to convenience but I have found nothing to suggest longer is needed although I can't say it would hurt anything.

I also lower my temps for this reason for the last week of flower but I can't say if it makes any difference other than putting my mind at ease

Xan

Xan

Harvest just before the lights usually come on. This is because during exposure to light and heat terps break down and are replenished during the dark period. I leave mine in dark usually about 16 hrs due to convenience but I have found nothing to suggest longer is needed although I can't say it would hurt anything.

I also lower my temps for this reason for the last week of flower but I can't say if it makes any difference other than putting my mind at ease
Just nervous i am going to pick to early

M

MCsumz

I would still wait a bit, like a week more appr. until most of the leaves become yellow and start to die. In other words, when the flush is done and there aren't any more stored nutrients in the plant for the most part. Good luck!

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

Well, there’s a lot of experts with complicated methods...but I just go by the trichome colors. I have harvested when clear, when milky, and when ~30% amber. Bottom line...I like my Sativa milky and my Indica 30% amber.

This is solid advice. I can’t find any references right at the moment but there’s many solid places on the internet saying that for a couchlock kind of high you wait until a little longer to harvest. I forget the REAL chemical reaction that takes place but it’s something like the THC breaks down to CBN which contributes to the couchlock feeling.

So Indica dominant plants are already known for their couchlock effects and the ability to put one to sleep. This effect is then enhanced when you give the plant more growing time and allow those THC molecules to degrade to CBN. Also why we call them INDA-COUCH.

Conversely, if you harvest earlier, you have less quantities of THC and CBN present in the trichomes which doesn’t give you that couchlock high, but rather a quite uplifting high.

So you can further promote the ‘SILLY SATIVA’ effect by harvesting a little earlier than normal.

You should really read up on the way the molecules break down from one thing to another and how each contributes to being sedated. Once you know that and know a little bit about the strain you’re growing you can really start playing with harvest times and see what seems to suit you best. You want to go sink into a couch and pass out; harvest later. If you want to be able to smoke and go about doing activities; harvest a little earlier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's really personal preference but often times the itch get to new growers and they are harvesting early with clear trichs. I prefer to see some amber and mostly milky. The strains are the real difference in determining the high. But as I say you will get a lot of answers based on preference.

I think we can all agree just don't harvest with all clear trichs wait for mostly milky and depending on what your preference is a decent amount of amber.

guymandude

guymandude

depending on the strain, i usually will let them go til i see the trichomes at 50/50 cloudy amber. I would trim a bud, quick dry it, and smoke it and see how the buzz it. all that matters is that YOU enjoy it.if it's too light, let her go another week. if you like it, then harvest.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Amber means the thc is degrading to cbn. Cbn is not psychoactive. Peak potency is at 100% cloudy. It does not get stronger. Just tiring.

The plant was done in the original picture in my opinion. Pistils were already mostly died back buds look finished. Trichs look 100% cloudy.

Good job!

M

marijuana4ms

Here's where you'll learn how far to let them go. Personally, I've let my Afghan girls grow till the little glands are shriveled and dark - versus plump and milky. For me shriveled/dark was good if you like to be welded to the couch, I don't. So plump/milky tends to be more "heady" and I'll go run around a car show or something. Maybe, cut a few now and let others go on and see which effects you more favorably.

Top Bottom