Are my Plants Re-Vegging?

• Thread starter RattledRed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RattledRed

Hi All,

About a week ago I made a post asking when i should be harvesting my buds.

My buds seem to be maturing over the last week and it was recommended that I wait a week or two more still.

This is my question:

Over the last couple days i have noticed a lot of new "fan" leaves growing from my chuts/buds. They seem to have exploded in growth the last two days and i am seeming small to medium sized leaves pop up all over my plants.
Are my plants starting to re-veggie, or is the explosion of leaves an expected outcome before harvest?

If we look at the pictures from a week ago we see my buds and what seems like a normal amount of leaves. (See Pics Below)

IMG 20190911 105242

IMG 20190911 105249

The pictures below were taken today. (See pics below)

IMG 20190917 181706

IMG 20190917 181713

IMG 20190917 181721

IMG 20190917 181731

All of the leaves seem to pop up closer to the buds.
No new stems have grown off the main chut that i have seen(I have looked).

Do my plants look normal for being 1-2weeks pre harvest? Is it possible that they are re-vegging because of light cycles or heating issues?

I have been trying to read and understand how this all works, as i am extremely new to this, so any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

IMG 20190917 181734
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The tips of the buds look like they are starting to foxtail a little. When mine are ready, I often look for the little nubb on the end of the bud.If it isn't mature, the bud grows normally but when finished, it begins to elongate at the tip but doesn't put on much girth, just the nubbs. Not all strains do this, but Sativas are the ones that I see it on a lot.

R

RattledRed

Looks like it may have been pollenated, like the plant has seed pods.

I think your right.
After reading your comment i looked it up on google and went to check my plants.

Below are pictures of one "bract" that i picked off my plant. There seems to be a seed inside.....

IMG 20190918 105018

IMG 20190918 105128

IMG 20190918 105213

What should i do now?
I don't understand how they got pollinated... They have been outside the whole year with no interaction of other plants...

How does this effect my final product? Will the bud still be usable now? or are my plants done for?...

Thanks in advance for you help,

IMG 20190918 105031
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think your right.
After reading your comment i looked it up on google and went to check my plants.

Below are pictures of one "bract" that i picked off my plant. There seems to be a seed inside.....

View attachment 896896

View attachment 896898

View attachment 896899

What should i do now?
I don't understand how they got pollinated... They have been outside the whole year with no interaction of other plants...

How does this effect my final product? Will the bud still be usable now? or are my plants done for?...

Thanks in advance for you help,
You'll still be able to smoke your harvest. I've had many hermied plants for various reasons and smoked them all. It kills the potency and taste like sht smoking seed pod/husks mixed in with it and is a pain de-seeding before smoking but hey desperate times and all its still smokes.

R

RattledRed

You'll still be able to smoke your harvest. I've had many hermied plants for various reasons and smoked them all. It kills the potency and taste like sht smoking seed pod/husks mixed in with it and is a pain de-seeding before smoking but hey desperate times and all its still smokes.

Okay, thank you for the info.
Would it make more sense to turn it into a butter/oil instead of just smoking the flower then?
I guess it will still effect the taste and potency of the oil too then, right?

Thanks again

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Would it make more sense to turn it into a butter/oil instead of just smoking the flower then?

Thanks again
I've never tried butter or oil with them. I'm real old school, I hold a record album cover at a 45 then crumple my buds and let the seeds roll down the cover then using a rolling paper pack to lift and shuffle the pot to remove the remaining seeds. We had to do that in the 60's and early 70's to get the seeds out of the Mexican dirt weed we used to smoke back then. Old skills come in handy when dealing with hermied plants lol.

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

I've never tried butter or oil with them. I'm real old school, I hold a record album cover at a 45 then crumple my buds and let the seeds roll down the cover then using a rolling paper pack to lift and shuffle the pot to remove the remaining seeds. We had to do that in the 60's and 70's to get the seeds out of the Mexican dirt weed we used to smoke back then. Old skills come in handy when dealing with hermied plants lol.

That album cover worked for us in the 60s, but by the 70s we moved up to a tray to roll joints which we still use to this day even though the seeds are long gone.
Ah, memories.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That album cover worked for us in the 60s, but by the 70s we moved up to a tray to roll joints which we still use to this day even though the seeds are long gone.
Ah, memories.
lol I had to edit and add early to my last bit as I had a chuckle at your reminder.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks again

Nothing wrong with smoking seeded buds once the seeds are removed. All pot had seeds in it until recent history, quite like watermelons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom