ARE MY PLANTS READY?! - first time grower

• Thread starter PadawanBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

I'm having a hard time deciphering if these are ready or not. the first pic is amnesia haze which has a 10-11 week flowering time and the ext 2 photos are from my LSD plant which is only a 7-8 week flowering time (rookie move, didn't realize this when I got the clones). I'm in the beginning of week 11 now, but the LSD is juts starting to look ready to me and the AH still looks like it needs more time maybe. Any and all suggestions would be very appreciated!1
IMG 6920
IMG 6915
IMG 6922

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

You really need a loop. Small microscope. That way you know when the trichomes are ready.
I do have a loop actually, but even still I'm finding it hard to tell just how many, if any, are amber colored. I think next time around I might get a decent camera and take some macro photos for inspection or something, because when I look through the loop, I can't tell if I'm actually seeing amber or if my eyes/light are messing with me. In some places I think I see amber ad then the next second all I'm seeing is cloudy trichomes. First time grower, so I don't have any experience to compare it to lol FACK - juts don't want to mess these ladies up.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Based on those photos there id agree 2-3 weeks still. Just be patient, you'll get a stronger product and more of it the longer you wait.

Keep us updated, i like the last few weeks the plants ripen up

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Id give nutes this week. Then next week. Then id give it water the week after. Then let it dry out and chop down.

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

Based on those photos there id agree 2-3 weeks still. Just be patient, you'll get a stronger product and more of it the longer you wait.

Keep us updated, i like the last few weeks the plants ripen up
Whewww, this is more great news lol With the leaves yellowing around the buds, some of the hairs curling in, and after cross referencing my flowering times of these strains, which I'm well past now lol I'm in week 11 with this LSD strain that's only supposed to take 7-8 weeks, I wonder why its taking this long? The amnesia haze takes 10-11, so that ones not worrying me.

Thanks for the reply, and ill definitley be throwing some more, hopefully clearer photos up soon

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

Whewww, this is more great news lol With the leaves yellowing around the buds, some of the hairs curling in, and after cross referencing my flowering times of these strains, which I'm well past now lol I'm in week 11 with this LSD strain that's only supposed to take 7-8 weeks, I wonder why its taking this long? The amnesia haze takes 10-11, so that ones not worrying me.

Thanks for the reply, and ill definitley be throwing some more, hopefully clearer photos up soon
I'd agree with using a loupe. I prefer a more head hitting exhilirating high over the standard sleepy time indica feel so I tend to view the trichomes around the buds and sugar leaves. If the bud starts to show 3 or 4 amber heads, I start putting a timeline down and check every single day. If more amber shows, I usually bring into the 24hrs of darkness and call it. This is supplemental info of course as each strain acts differently to each different environment.

PadawanBuds

PadawanBuds

I'd agree with using a loupe. I prefer a more head hitting exhilirating high over the standard sleepy time indica feel so I tend to view the trichomes around the buds and sugar leaves. If the bud starts to show 3 or 4 amber heads, I start putting a timeline down and check every single day. If more amber shows, I usually bring into the 24hrs of darkness and call it. This is supplemental info of course as each strain acts differently to each different environment.
Thanks for the advice! What do you mean by "bring into 24hrs of darkness"?. Is this something I'm supposed to do before hanging them?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Then just water it for the next 2 weeks should be ready to cut.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

Thanks for the advice! What do you mean by "bring into 24hrs of darkness"?. Is this something I'm supposed to do before hanging them?
When I'm ready for harvest, I turn the lights off for 24hrs. Then I make the cuts. I think Cervantes recommended that.

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

It all depends what your looking for stone wise. More heady if you take it when the tricomes are all milky and I believe that is peak potency. The more amber the more couch lock it seems to be. As for yield they should be done growing in size they should just mature now if they are 2 weeks from done. Really all personal preference!

Top Bottom