Are my plants ready for transplant

• Thread starter Bordercity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bordercity

Bordercity

Is there a general rule of thumb when deciding when it’s time to transplant your crop during veg?

my plants currently went from a half gallon pot to a 1 gallon pot and have been vegging there for 4.5 weeks. My big concern is they’re still taking 3-4 days to dry out which to me means the root ball isn’t developed enough to transplant...... but at the same time I feel they should be ready after almost 5 weeks of vegging. Any advice?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this in soil?

If so, vegging in a 1 gallon pot for 4.5 weeks, it should be quite root bound.

Flip it over, slip off the pot and take a look. If it's not root bound, something is wrong with the way you're growing. I can't say what that might be, with this limited information.

Bordercity

Bordercity

Is this in soil?

If so, vegging in a 1 gallon pot for 4.5 weeks, it should be quite root bound.

Flip it over, slip off the pot and take a look. If it's not root bound, something is wrong with the way you're growing. I can't say what that might be, with this limited information.

It’s my first time growing in coco, I’m still trying to get a good watering schedule going (I bought a soil moisture meter today) in order to try and crack down on it more. Could stress from training stunt my root growth? Or is it more likely the overwatering

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Stress from training should not stunt growth.

I have no experience with coco, so hopefully someone else will wander in. But you'll need to post pictures of your plants for anyone to be able to help further.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

It’s my first time growing in coco, I’m still trying to get a good watering schedule going (I bought a soil moisture meter today) in order to try and crack down on it more. Could stress from training stunt my root growth? Or is it more likely the overwatering
You need the help of @Aqua Man , he is good in coco!!

Bordercity

Bordercity

Stress from training should not stunt growth.

I have no experience with coco, so hopefully someone else will wander in. But you'll need to post pictures of your plants for anyone to be able to help further.

I’m heading to the grow place now to take some pics of the plants and their root balls for you. Thank yoI for the replies

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I treat my coco different... you can read here OP and there is a lot of good info in the thread of different experiences and why. But imo coco should never dry back unless your doing for crop steering purposes.

Bordercity

Bordercity

I treat my coco different... you can read here OP and there is a lot of good info in the thread of different experiences and why. But imo coco should never dry back unless your doing for crop steering purposes.

This is great advice, these are what my plants look like.... transplant before I flower in a week or keep them how they are.

1C1ABD32 9EB1 4B71 A50D 1189517E8914
A459BB31 94CB 4FA7 BABF B2D82B81E618
Top Bottom