Are my plants too small?

• Thread starter Ke72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ke72

Ke72

Hi, this is my first grow and I believe my plants are much too small for a week old. They just hit a week today, and they haven't shown any signs of growth in the last 3 days. All the stems are purple as well and I'm worried about them lacking a nutrient. They are in a coco coir, perlite, vermiculite, and peat moss mixture. I was under the impression that they would be fine in a sterile medium for a couple weeks because they didn't need nutrients until around week 2. I have attached pictures of the plants as well as a close up of a stem to show the red. Basically I have 2 questions. Is the redness of the stem caused by something I'm doing wrong? And are those plants too small for 1 week? Also another bit of info is the light they're growing with is a Mars hydro 1000w led that should be sufficient until they go outside next month. The light is about 30-35 inches from the plants
Are my plants too small
Are my plants too small 2
Are my plants too small 3

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Put those domes on get the humidity up. Maybe a really dilute cal/Mag if that’s coco

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hi, this is my first grow and I believe my plants are much too small for a week old. They just hit a week today, and they haven't shown any signs of growth in the last 3 days. All the stems are purple as well and I'm worried about them lacking a nutrient. They are in a coco coir, perlite, vermiculite, and peat moss mixture. I was under the impression that they would be fine in a sterile medium for a couple weeks because they didn't need nutrients until around week 2. I have attached pictures of the plants as well as a close up of a stem to show the red. Basically I have 2 questions. Is the redness of the stem caused by something I'm doing wrong? And are those plants too small for 1 week? Also another bit of info is the light they're growing with is a Mars hydro 1000w led that should be sufficient until they go outside next month. The light is about 30-35 inches from the plants View attachment 1100852View attachment 1100853View attachment 1100854
leaves curled down is the medium being to moist, careful watering.
yes the plants need no nutrients till the two small round cotyledon leaves yellow and die off, a sign the nutrients it came within the seed are used up.. usually a couple nodes of growth.
personally you don’t have to mist them..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If there are no nutrients in the medium at all they need a low dose of nutes after the first week in my experience. about 200-400ppm (.4-.8 ec) of complete balanced nutes. Best to start very light and work up slowly.

Unless the humidity is very low seedlings dont need added humidity. Thats for clones. And definitely dont put a dome over. They need the breeze and fresh air to grow strong.

When they stretch above the cups you can fill up the cup to just under the cots and they will grow roots out of the buried stem for a bigger root ball.

Top Bottom