Are my seedlings dead?

• Thread starter agencare10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rookiegrower

Rookiegrower

I'm not quite sure how to use this site but I have a question. I have 2 little seedlings, one is doing just fine and I'm noticing growth everyday but the other one I haven't noticed it do anything for about 4 or 5 days any ideas.

20201215 112352
20201215 112440
shaganja

shaganja

I'm not quite sure how to use this site but I have a question. I have 2 little seedlings, one is doing just fine and I'm noticing growth everyday but the other one I haven't noticed it do anything for about 4 or 5 days any ideas.
Your soil is real wet. You may have Root aphids. They look like clear tiny worms. They eat the roots of babies. I seen them tear up my babies before they even got out of there shell. They love wet soil.

shaganja

shaganja

Your soil is real wet. You may have Root aphids. They look like clear tiny worms. They eat the roots of babies. I seen them tear up my babies before they even got out of there shell. They love wet soil.
I thinks that's the name. They may have another name.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're overwatering.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
It also looks like the skin from the seed shell is stuck on there. You can take tweezers and pull it off if you have a steady hand.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's easy to drown seedlings. They're roots will rot in wet soil. The plant usually sits there, looking somewhat alive for a week or more, before officially croaking.

I hate to tell you "stop watering for X-days," because I don't know how long it will take to dry out, in your conditions, but I'd say at least 3 days.

BTW, overwatering is probably the most common mistake people make with seedlings. Seeds love to be soaked in water, but once they sprout a root, they want oxygen in that soil, just as much as moisture. Keep the soil moist but not wet. Put more holes in the bottoms of those cups.

Top Bottom