Are red spider mites easy to get rid of?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

I used pure crop 1 on the thrips i had and had to hit them twice within a week apart and when i scoped i couldnt find any..dunno if it works on mites but..if you find something good spray everywhere with it.ive even heard guys using diatomaceous earth on floor to stop them spreading .....@fudge...

Madmax

Madmax

Just use montereys spinosad and they will be gone in one or two sprays. That purecrop1 will not do a damn thing to thrips I promise. They laughed at me.😡 then I destroyed there little asses!😬
I got rid of mine with it bro..but like you said first spray done f..all so i made the dose stronger..luckily i never had that many to start with..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The pure crop 1 is a similar formula but the treatment dose is a bit harder on the plants and it doesn’t say to wash it off but the treatment dose does affect the plants leaves so this may be something to try to minimize that. I’m glad I seen them now as my plants are tiny clones so I feel I can eradicate them. It not that I’ll grow out these OG kush seedlings I have along with my monster cropped blue og. Really hoping those ones aren’t affected so I’ll be spreading the predatory mites on those plants as well.
I would stop taking in clones....get seeds!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You could try a product called Milbemectin. It's an acaracide safe for use and its mite specific. Product name is Milbeknock. Here is a little blurb on it. I used it on a friends mothers that was infested and it was clear in a week with zero mites.

Milbeknock (active ingredient : Milbemectin) is a powerful miticide that is lethal to all stages of a mite's life cycle and is effective against a broad variety of mite species. From egg, through to adult. Milbeknock is a contact killer, but is also able to effectively disrupt the reproductive cycle of mites that have not been subjected to a lethal dose. So even if you don't manage to hit all the mites on a plant with a full dose, the remaining mite population keeps decreasing for as much as 40 days after application.

Milbeknock is extremely soft on your plants, and breaks down within 4 days. It is also translaminar, so an application to the top of the leaf will kill mites on the bottom of the leaf.

Please refer to the data sheet for safety information, dosage and clearance times. For cannabis, a dosage of 1.5ml per litre is recommended and can be applied in flower as late as 4 weeks into the 12/12 light cycle.

Milbemectin has been developed as a miticide/insecticide using Mitsui Chemical Agro’s original technology together with the combined goals of environmental, crop, and worker safety

● Milbemectin is a natural substance produced by fermentation of a species of Actinomycetes discovered in the soil of Hokkaido, Japan.

● Milbemectin has been recognized as a“REDUCED RISK PESTICIDE”by US-EPA (May, 2000).

● Milbemectin has been designated by the CTB of the Netherlands as a GNO (gewasbecshermingsmiddel van natuurlijke oorsprong) which means‘from a natural source’.

● Milbemectin is highly effective against a wide variety of pest mites e.g.[spider mite (Panonychus spp., Tetranychus spp., etc.) , rust mite, bud mite, broad mite, etc.], at all growth stages (ie.; egg, larva, nymph, and adult). In addition to its miticidal effect, Milbemectin has insecticidal activity against aphids, and some Lepidoptera [e.g. Caloptilia theivora (tea leafroller), and Spodoptera litura (common cutworm)], leafminer, leafhopper, whitefly, etc.

● Milbemectin has a unique mode of action, which is different from other conventional miticides. Thus, Milbemectin acts on the nervous system mediated by the inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA. As a result, mites and insects treated with Milbemectin die without showing any observable actions e.g. excitation movements etc.

● Milbemectin has been registered for the following crops: Apple, Asparagus, Adzuki Bean, Celery, Chard, Cherry, Citrus, Cotton, Cucumber, Eggplant, Ground cherry, Jujube, Kidney Bean, Melon, Mulukhiya, Ornamentals (Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Perennial Gypsophilla, Roses), Papaya, Parsley, Peach, Pear, Pepper, Perilla, Strawberry, Tea, Tomato, Vine, Watermelon, Yam, etc. *Always use according to the instructions given on the label because the registration status may differ from country to country
Too bad it doesnt list hemp russet mites

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Just make sure you rotate though a few products. They can build tolerance I have no experience with the reds but I have battled the borg. We don’t want you breeding any super mites over there lol. U got this. They are small and easy to treat so it’s the perfect time to learn. If they were In smaller pots I’d say give them some kind of dunk. Total submersion it the best way to apply when dealing with the little bastards.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You could try a product called Milbemectin. It's an acaracide safe for use and its mite specific. Product name is Milbeknock. Here is a little blurb on it. I used it on a friends mothers that was infested and it was clear in a week with zero mites.

Milbeknock (active ingredient : Milbemectin) is a powerful miticide that is lethal to all stages of a mite's life cycle and is effective against a broad variety of mite species. From egg, through to adult. Milbeknock is a contact killer, but is also able to effectively disrupt the reproductive cycle of mites that have not been subjected to a lethal dose. So even if you don't manage to hit all the mites on a plant with a full dose, the remaining mite population keeps decreasing for as much as 40 days after application.

Milbeknock is extremely soft on your plants, and breaks down within 4 days. It is also translaminar, so an application to the top of the leaf will kill mites on the bottom of the leaf.

Please refer to the data sheet for safety information, dosage and clearance times. For cannabis, a dosage of 1.5ml per litre is recommended and can be applied in flower as late as 4 weeks into the 12/12 light cycle.

Milbemectin has been developed as a miticide/insecticide using Mitsui Chemical Agro’s original technology together with the combined goals of environmental, crop, and worker safety

● Milbemectin is a natural substance produced by fermentation of a species of Actinomycetes discovered in the soil of Hokkaido, Japan.

● Milbemectin has been recognized as a“REDUCED RISK PESTICIDE”by US-EPA (May, 2000).

● Milbemectin has been designated by the CTB of the Netherlands as a GNO (gewasbecshermingsmiddel van natuurlijke oorsprong) which means‘from a natural source’.

● Milbemectin is highly effective against a wide variety of pest mites e.g.[spider mite (Panonychus spp., Tetranychus spp., etc.) , rust mite, bud mite, broad mite, etc.], at all growth stages (ie.; egg, larva, nymph, and adult). In addition to its miticidal effect, Milbemectin has insecticidal activity against aphids, and some Lepidoptera [e.g. Caloptilia theivora (tea leafroller), and Spodoptera litura (common cutworm)], leafminer, leafhopper, whitefly, etc.

● Milbemectin has a unique mode of action, which is different from other conventional miticides. Thus, Milbemectin acts on the nervous system mediated by the inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA. As a result, mites and insects treated with Milbemectin die without showing any observable actions e.g. excitation movements etc.

● Milbemectin has been registered for the following crops: Apple, Asparagus, Adzuki Bean, Celery, Chard, Cherry, Citrus, Cotton, Cucumber, Eggplant, Ground cherry, Jujube, Kidney Bean, Melon, Mulukhiya, Ornamentals (Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Perennial Gypsophilla, Roses), Papaya, Parsley, Peach, Pear, Pepper, Perilla, Strawberry, Tea, Tomato, Vine, Watermelon, Yam, etc. *Always use according to the instructions given on the label because the registration status may differ from country to country
Well that Forsure sold me lol. May have to look more at this product as well..

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Just use montereys spinosad and they will be gone in one or two sprays. That purecrop1 will not do a damn thing to thrips I promise. They laughed at me.😡 then I destroyed there little asses!😬
Ya I think it’s probably more for preventative care but they did kill some spider mites I had on an outdoor autoflower I grew this summer…

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Just make sure you rotate though a few products. They can build tolerance I have no experience with the reds but I have battled the borg. We don’t want you breeding any super mites over there lol. U got this. They are small and easy to treat so it’s the perfect time to learn. If they were In smaller pots I’d say give them some kind of dunk. Total submersion it the best way to apply when dealing with the little bastards.
Ya that’s how I feel too I’ve read a lot about it this and knew it could happen so now it’s time to take action and eradicate! Thankful this isn’t happening in my 2x8 closet grow I’m about to harvest…. Time to learn how to deal with these so I can move forward with these blue moonshine clones.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

This sounds similar to Abamectin or Avid

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

This sounds similar to Abamectin or Avid
Basically the same process but a different chemical family. Don't know if it would work as I've not really researched it due to the availability of Milbemectin where I am. Thanks for the reply bro.

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

Well that Forsure sold me lol. May have to look more at this product as well..
Wouldn't hurt to spray it round your grow area as well to murder the rest of the little buggers. Let me know how it goes for you bro or what you decide to use. Interested.

Top Bottom