Are red spider mites easy to get rid of?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys got some clones and noticed some red spider mites. Not a lot but they are there. Should I just get rid of the clones? Or are these salvageable? I’m just about to start my next run but it may not be happening now…
Are red spider mites easy to get rid of

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bump @Anthem ? @BudGoodman ?
@Frankster and all other big guys! Lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you've got other plants of value — mother plants, another grow going — you might want to get rid of them. Otherwise, get a product like Nuke 'Em and start nuking 'em according to directions.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Are these the culprit?
They are Forsure red colored mites. Got a 500 count of 3 different types of predatory mites. I also have pure crop 1 which I’ll be incorporating. Not many tho but I know that can change fast. They have been quarantined for now and the predator mites will be here Monday since overnight fedex doesn’t ship on weekends.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
If you've got other plants of value — mother plants, another grow going — you might want to get rid of them. Otherwise, get a product like Nuke 'Em and start nuking 'em according to directions.
I’ve heard of nuke em and spinosad? Hopefully these predatory mites will do a number on these little bastards

Homesteader

Homesteader

You could try making a thin batch of veg oil/dish soap and water. I would use a tsp of each to a gallon of water and spray with straight warm water ten minutes after to wash off the soap and oil.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You could try making a thin batch of veg oil/dish soap and water. I would use a tsp of each to a gallon of water and spray with straight warm water ten minutes after to wash off the soap and oil.
The pure crop 1 is a similar formula but the treatment dose is a bit harder on the plants and it doesn’t say to wash it off but the treatment dose does affect the plants leaves so this may be something to try to minimize that. I’m glad I seen them now as my plants are tiny clones so I feel I can eradicate them. It not that I’ll grow out these OG kush seedlings I have along with my monster cropped blue og. Really hoping those ones aren’t affected so I’ll be spreading the predatory mites on those plants as well.

Madmax

Madmax

How quick these guys moving about ..if they are fast they are predatort mites and if you have thrips they will eat them..

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How quick these guys moving about ..if they are fast they are predatort mites and if you have thrips they will eat them..
They are slow movers looks like the sourthern red spider mite. The cuts came from down south so idk. I did take cuts from my outdoor crop so I thought maybe it was cross contamination from my cuts but I scoped them and haven’t found any they are only affecting the 3 cuts I got elsewhere.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You got me all worried - and yep those little mother ferrrs came from me probably I just found a couple on one plant in the flower tent !! Sorry I sent em to ya , but thanks for tellin me ! I’d be screwed in the middle of flier ! Thanx man now I’m down for the link for sure prolly gonna hit em with a sulfur burn too?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You got me all worried - and yep those little mother ferrrs came from me probably I just found a couple on one plant in the flower tent !! Sorry I sent em to ya , but thanks for tellin me ! I’d be screwed in the middle of flier ! Thanx man now I’m down for the link for sure prolly gonna hit em with a sulfur burn too?
Dude don’t be sorry I’m glad I caught it early and was able to tell ya. Also I think the community should know I had trouble trying to source clones and he messaged me and offered to send me some cuts for free. He didn’t even make me pay shipping when I adamantly said I wanted to pay him something. Mosh your a good dude we still gonna send eachother cuts I still gotta send your container back filled. What week of flower are you in?

Laughingdogs66

Laughingdogs66

Lost Coast Plant Thearapy!! Will eliminate the little beasts in a few treatments.
It cleaned up a sever Russet Mite infestation during early flowing within a week following their instructions. Now on once weekly preventative schedule.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Lost Coast Plant Thearapy!! Will eliminate the little beasts in a few treatments.
It cleaned up a sever Russet Mite infestation during early flowing within a week following their instructions. Now on once weekly preventative schedule.
Yes this is another product I’ve heard of as well. My clones are small and I have predator mites on the way and then I’ll eventually use the pure crop 1 I already have bc I’ve used it in my indoor grow as an IPM every week

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
looks to me like your under attack of thrips or other leaf miner as well. Spinosad will wipe them out easy.
Also that doesn’t look like spider mite damage and you may be under attack by the clover mite. Spinosad will wipe them out as well with a spray or two. Just cost the underside and top of the entire plants.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
looks to me like your under attack of thrips or other leaf miner as well. Spinosad will wipe them out easy.
Also that doesn’t look like spider mite damage and you may be under attack by the clover mite. Spinosad will wipe them out as well with a spray or two. Just cost the underside and top of the entire plants.
Ya just found thrips I believe on them so yes very much under attack so it’s time to combat these bastards

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

Hey guys got some clones and noticed some red spider mites. Not a lot but they are there. Should I just get rid of the clones? Or are these salvageable? I’m just about to start my next run but it may not be happening now…View attachment 1142115
You could try a product called Milbemectin. It's an acaracide safe for use and its mite specific. Product name is Milbeknock. Here is a little blurb on it. I used it on a friends mothers that was infested and it was clear in a week with zero mites.

Milbeknock (active ingredient : Milbemectin) is a powerful miticide that is lethal to all stages of a mite's life cycle and is effective against a broad variety of mite species. From egg, through to adult. Milbeknock is a contact killer, but is also able to effectively disrupt the reproductive cycle of mites that have not been subjected to a lethal dose. So even if you don't manage to hit all the mites on a plant with a full dose, the remaining mite population keeps decreasing for as much as 40 days after application.

Milbeknock is extremely soft on your plants, and breaks down within 4 days. It is also translaminar, so an application to the top of the leaf will kill mites on the bottom of the leaf.

Please refer to the data sheet for safety information, dosage and clearance times. For cannabis, a dosage of 1.5ml per litre is recommended and can be applied in flower as late as 4 weeks into the 12/12 light cycle.

Milbemectin has been developed as a miticide/insecticide using Mitsui Chemical Agro’s original technology together with the combined goals of environmental, crop, and worker safety

● Milbemectin is a natural substance produced by fermentation of a species of Actinomycetes discovered in the soil of Hokkaido, Japan.

● Milbemectin has been recognized as a“REDUCED RISK PESTICIDE”by US-EPA (May, 2000).

● Milbemectin has been designated by the CTB of the Netherlands as a GNO (gewasbecshermingsmiddel van natuurlijke oorsprong) which means‘from a natural source’.

● Milbemectin is highly effective against a wide variety of pest mites e.g.[spider mite (Panonychus spp., Tetranychus spp., etc.) , rust mite, bud mite, broad mite, etc.], at all growth stages (ie.; egg, larva, nymph, and adult). In addition to its miticidal effect, Milbemectin has insecticidal activity against aphids, and some Lepidoptera [e.g. Caloptilia theivora (tea leafroller), and Spodoptera litura (common cutworm)], leafminer, leafhopper, whitefly, etc.

● Milbemectin has a unique mode of action, which is different from other conventional miticides. Thus, Milbemectin acts on the nervous system mediated by the inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA. As a result, mites and insects treated with Milbemectin die without showing any observable actions e.g. excitation movements etc.

● Milbemectin has been registered for the following crops: Apple, Asparagus, Adzuki Bean, Celery, Chard, Cherry, Citrus, Cotton, Cucumber, Eggplant, Ground cherry, Jujube, Kidney Bean, Melon, Mulukhiya, Ornamentals (Carnation, Chrysanthemum, Perennial Gypsophilla, Roses), Papaya, Parsley, Peach, Pear, Pepper, Perilla, Strawberry, Tea, Tomato, Vine, Watermelon, Yam, etc. *Always use according to the instructions given on the label because the registration status may differ from country to country

Latest posts

Top Bottom