Are there any Gym members here that smoke before a workout?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've been working out at the gym on equipment not the classic weights. For the past year. I'm 69 and my wife 75 ( -flu shutdowns ) we workout every 2 days and I need to get baked to work my best. The higher I feel before I start the deeper I can get into my reps. I can get into a cadence and go farther while ignoring the pain high, but with week pot I just don't have the drive or enthusiasm to push myself....Any others that can pipe in, I'd love to hear if you do the same or are the opposite maybe.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I knew a couple of meat heads who swore by lifting heavy blazed

Ponky

Ponky

I smoke weed regularly for chronic pain. I've power lifted for a long time. Lifted since I was 12. So I would suggest you get your gear on. Get set up. Have a nice smoothie. Smoke. And start lifting.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Hahaha!!! Isn’t this a blanket statement?

That’s why we grow - cause we smoke all day - to stay motivated, creative, enthusiastic, and emotionally stable.

But yes - back in the day - it was blunts before and after the workout. I felt as though the better the weed/higher I was, the more in tune with my body’s limitations I became. I could really zone in and get the most out of my time there - no fucking around. The blunt after was for what my buddy called “decompression”.

So, no, you are completely normal!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I knew a couple of meat heads who swore by lifting heavy blazed
Wen I started this routine I tried to push heavier and heavier each week but extra reps were to difficult and I could easily hurt myself pushing too hard. I've dropped my weights down to a max of 50 lbs but I do multiple reps. One rowing type machine I'm now pulling with both arms 15,000 lbs in 10 - 15 minutes..My best so far is 200 reps non stop. then 4 - 25's for 300. I had done 150 but I smoked a fat one and for some reason I could just go go go. Those extra 5o we 100% weed related...Its now an intimidating goal to reach every time. Yesterday I did 100 lol then 4 - 25's for 200 done.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oh and smoke right after. Then have a nice meal. Roasted meat. Veg.
I had a problem with that....Last year I went to my go to place to smoke just before my workout, smoked a fat one and drove on down to the gym. I get there and they were closed fk now what? I was in a conundrum, do I smoke my after workout joint now? Then drive home blitzed? Fk decisions decisions I smoked it. Now I only take the one joint with me.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I used to drink a Guinness before and after not for the faint of heart but effective

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I've been working out at the gym on equipment not the classic weights. For the past year. I'm 69 and my wife 75 ( -flu shutdowns ) we workout every 2 days and I need to get baked to work my best. The higher I feel before I start the deeper I can get into my reps. I can get into a cadence and go farther while ignoring the pain high, but with week pot I just don't have the drive or enthusiasm to push myself....Any others that can pipe in, I'd love to hear if you do the same or are the opposite maybe.
Respect goes to you and your wife sir still working out at 69-75 inspirational for all us unfit 30 somethings out there👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Respect goes to you and your wife sir still working out at 69-75 inspirational for all us unfit 30 somethings out there👍
Thanks, its been a struggle I started losing weight 1 year ago June I was 350lbs..I'm now 230lbs I've been stuck here for a while now but I'm aiming for 200lbs by Christmas ( if they don't shut us down again.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
My previous weight was 90kg. After my first harvest, I haven't been to the gym for almost three months. Now my weight has dropped to 70kg, damn it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My previous weight was 90kg. After my first harvest, I haven't been to the gym for almost three months. Now my weight has dropped to 70kg, damn it.
You lost 20kg by not going to the gym in 3 months? By the look of your pic you didn't have 20kg to drop. What did you do? cut off an arm? I was told if I wanted to lose 20lbs of ugly fat to cut off my head. You do have a big head 😆😆

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Yeah man - 20kg is 45 lbs. you would be in the hospital on an IV if that were the case.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When I was young, had the strength of ten men and was working to increase strength, it was not a good idea for me to be high at the gym. Then, as now, my preferred kind of reefer was one that got my heart racing. Racing hearts from working out and racing hearts from lively weed didn't work for me.

Today I work out so I can keep doing certain things and keeping joints limber. I don't try to press 150% of my weight. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm buzzed or not.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
When I was young, had the strength of ten men and was working to increase strength, it was not a good idea for me to be high at the gym. Then, as now, my preferred kind of reefer was one that got my heart racing. Racing hearts from working out and racing hearts from lively weed didn't work for me.

Today I work out so I can keep doing certain things and keeping joints limber. I don't try to press 150% of my weight. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm buzzed or not.
Most of the sports I played (Hockey,Baseball) I couldn't smoke before games, I couldn't/didn't play my best high, Golf...forget it I just couldn't do it well high at all but at the driving range It helped me zero in and focus in a bubble of my own. The same thing at the gym I can stay in ( what I call ) the pain zone longer. I'm pushing & pulling light weights( 40 & 50lbs) multiple times 100 - 200 reps non stop. When I get to around 75 reps my arms, shoulders & hands are hurting, I can make it to 200 reps depending on how long I can tolerate the pain.
With this same 2 piece of equipment in 10 minutes on each I can pull 100lbs 12 times with 3 sets = 3600lbs on each piece and my arms are burnt out

... I'm now pulling 50lbs up to ( my max) 200 times + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25...300 in total on one piece = 15,000 lbs in ( my max) Thats double the weight moved in about 10 min. I've been doing 200 reps in total most days.

My knees are gone I use that equipment to get my sweat on and heart rate up...in a few min I'm in full sweat mode and my hearts a pumping.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Most of the sports I played (Hockey,Baseball) I couldn't smoke before games, I couldn't/didn't play my best high, Golf...forget it I just couldn't do it well high at all but at the driving range It helped me zero in and focus in a bubble of my own. The same thing at the gym I can stay in ( what I call ) the pain zone longer. I'm pushing & pulling light weights( 40 & 50lbs) multiple times 100 - 200 reps non stop. When I get to around 75 reps my arms, shoulders & hands are hurting, I can make it to 200 reps depending on how long I can tolerate the pain.
With this same 2 piece of equipment in 10 minutes on each I can pull 100lbs 12 times with 3 sets = 3600lbs on each piece and my arms are burnt out

... I'm now pulling 50lbs up to ( my max) 200 times + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25...300 in total on one piece = 15,000 lbs in ( my max) Thats double the weight moved in about 10 min. I've been doing 200 reps in total most days.

My knees are gone I use that equipment to get my sweat on and heart rate up...in a few min I'm in full sweat mode and my hearts a pumping.
You're a bigger guy than me! If your knees are blown out, that's the way to do it, though.

I turn a soil auger for a living and I blew out one of my shoulders from stupid things I used to do. Using a few light dumbbells keeps it "oiled."

garybo

garybo

When playing basketball, I felt as though my shooting and passing was better. Then again, everything is better when high.
Spark up.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
You lost 20kg by not going to the gym in 3 months? By the look of your pic you didn't have 20kg to drop. What did you do? cut off an arm? I was told if I wanted to lose 20lbs of ugly fat to cut off my head. You do have a big head 😆😆
🙃🙃When I was working out, I had to eat 5-6 meals a day, just like hydroponic growers feeding 4-5 times a day. After the first harvest, I was locked on the couch almost every day and could only eat 1-2 meals a day. To be honest, I felt that I almost forgot hunger at that moment, so my weight fell directly in a very short time.

Top Bottom