are there LEDS that can veg and flower?

• Thread starter EastCoastGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EastCoastGrow

i use a 8 tube high output t5 flourcent to veg, only about 3 or 4 at a time, i was just curious are there LEDS that can flower and veg plants?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

so you used that one big LED for veg and bloom>?

Yeah man, if you are considering stepping up from T5s you won't be disappointed. They are a little pricey, but they work great. I mean after my first grow I already saved myself about the same amount of money in Meds as the cost of the unit. Now everything going forward is free meds for me except replenishing nutes and mediums of course. Best investment I have made......ever.

E

EastCoastGrow

jesusss christttt, how many watts and how many plants can you flower/veg under them?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

jesusss christttt, how many watts and how many plants can you flower/veg under them?

It is 180w and I ran 4 plants under it, though I have seen 9 plants under 2 of them as well. It all depends on your growing technique. This time around I decided to do just 2 plants in a SCROG under a single Magnum, so far so good.

T

testez

I got 24 plants about a foot average under 2 357 magnum fixtures (same fixtures that CASP3R is running). Click here to check it out. We are in the first week of bloom and have ran in veg also.

619ster

619ster

I had a 100w UFO vegging 6 ladies. Nice size too. None over 12-14 inches, but with cfl's or floro I'd need at least 50w per plant. That'd be 300w for the same 6 ladies. LEDs are hands down the best veg lights IMO. No need to manage canopy as much since the intensity/penetration is great, plus you can get a great footprint with the unit up high. And nodes will still be tight! Something I've had trouble doing with cfl's once plants get over 8 inches tall. Penetration doesn't stand a chance against LEDs. Also, minimal heat to deal with! I grow in 80F degree weather, and my veg box only has a small 4" booster fan for exhaust and temps max out at 85F, which seems good for LEDs. Those temps would be too high under HID. A cheap UFO costs about $100-$200 depending on quality. I wouldn't recommend cheap UFO for flowering though. Only a selected few brands that can actually flower like HIDs. But I find that adding LEDs with HID is a killer combo!

E

EastCoastGrow

damn those are some nice plants, the light though, in one picture it almost looks like they are putting out a blue spectrum then the next picture it is purple

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

damn those are some nice plants, the light though, in one picture it almost looks like they are putting out a blue spectrum then the next picture it is purple

Not sure if you are referring to mine. If so when both Spectrums are on it looks purple or pink, this is how I run through Veg and Flower. If you are just seeing Blue in some of my pics that is because I turn off the Red spectrum when I am taking pictures, helps the image clarity.

S

schismsociety

hey testez i had a question about Illuminator UFO 90W 5 spectrum light would this be enough for a single 5 gallon DWC grow?? what do you think?

T

testez

I honestly cannot give you a recommendation other then the magnum 357 for I have not used any other LED fixtures. What I would do though is research what spectrums you want in your light. It`s important to compare the specifications of the fixtures IMO to get the best bang for your buck.

EastCoastGrow if your referring to my plants. I ran the blue spectrum for the first week of veg then I ran (on a daily basis) the blue and purple spectrum's to get tighter internode spacing for the remaining veg period. This was an experiment that turned out to prove that if your looking for that result it`s best to run both spectrum's.

Top Bottom