Are these 2 LED's any good

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi my cannabis's lovers, sisters and brother's from different mother's :)

I'm thinking of buying a LED soon, I know a lot of people on here are using them with great results.. I love nosing through the forum looking..

Im currently using a 600w HP's light.
I want to get better yield, don't mind it pulling 500/600 from the wall..
Iv been using these HPS lights for years its time to try a LED I soooo want to try them.

Can anyone tell me if the 2 lights in the links below are any good.
Link 1, iv had my eye for months, he does few versions I'm a bit confused what is best for me 3500k i think is best?
I want to use the same light for veg and flower,,
Iv read 2 of the lights in the first link on eBay is total = 500w draw from the wall that's 250w a light, will give better results then my 600w HPS light..

but iv also spotted one by Mars..

My tent it 1.2 meter by 1.2 metre, & height is 2 metre..

Or do any of your have links of any good LEDs I can look at, that is good for my 1.2 metre tent under 600 preferably 300 lol
#This is the light iv had my eye in for months on eBay, I was thinking 2 of the 3500k versions, to go in my 1.2 metre by 1.2metre tent to replace 600hps

#Other light I seen by mars::

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Yeah no need to see the mars even. Get the qbs. Cheaper option diy cob fixture. There are lots of info here on that also.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Yeah no need to see the mars even. Get the qbs. Cheaper option diy cob fixture. There is lots of info here on that also.

Thanks

Lots of info on this exact light on here do you know of a link?, and do you use this type of light? 2 of them are ment to be better then 600w hps and still be saving 100watt compared to my 600w HPS :)

Here is the link the the mars one look good to me same as the other one, I can't see a lot of info in it tho.

Its different type from the usual mars

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok similar tech then. It seems nice and a little cheaper but mars has epistar (which isn’t bad) but qbs have samsungs. So i’d still go with qbs. Also its dimmeable. Just use the search function. Lots of info about diy and builds with qbs are available. I use a diy cob fixture. 480w after driver loss in a 4x4.

44BB74AE 0AC1 4EEB B864 C0FFE91E9A31
55C04C5D CD5C 4194 B6FB A8492E1E05E1

Ph 007

Ph 007

Ow ye shit I forgot about the Samsung chips.. OK I'll be getting them then
Thanks

Some nice fat buds their, how they so fat what feed and that are you using, you train or anything ? Coco , soil or hydro ? And what else you got in their can see Basil or something lol

Iv not long gone onto coco, had good result once then 2 bad one's as was having problems with sick plants Not this grow looking Good so far 2.5 week of flower I am..

I need stop del-foiling looks like you don't remove leaves and getting some fat nugs

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

Iv seen it on alibaba express as well cheaper not site what to do yet 😬

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ow ye shit I forgot about the Samsung chips.. OK I'll be getting them then
Thanks

Some nice fat buds their, how they so fat what feed and that are you using, you train or anything ? Coco , soil or hydro ? And what else you got in their can see Basil or something lol

Iv not long gone onto coco, had good result once then 2 bad one's as was having problems with sick plants Not this grow looking Good so far 2.5 week of flower I am..

I need stop del-foiling looks like you don't remove leaves and getting some fat nugs

These are grown in tlos. Straight water all the way with tiny boosts when they seem like they could use it. No training. 11/13 light schedule. Flipped from the start almost. Yeah no defoliation either. I had peppers and some herbs with them also. Had some crunchy deliciousness for a while then transplanted them outside. I still have the herbs going. Basil, sage, chives etc. Also strawberries.

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

These are grown in tlos. Straight water all the way with tiny boosts when they seem like they could use it. No training. 11/13 light schedule. Flipped from the start almost. Yeah no defoliation either. I had peppers and some herbs with them also. Had some crunchy deliciousness for a while then transplanted them outside. I still have the herbs going. Basil, sage, chives etc. Also strawberries.

Haha I know my Basil , though I clocked it lol, in had some in mine before,,, so that 13 hour or or 11?,, what's is tlos? Im thinking their them long metal feed trays for cows on farms ? What soil do you use. Can't get over the bud being so fat with no feed just bit of boost crazy. ,, I'm going to stop removing leaves now I seen them, been a few years since iv not removed any leaves time go back see what happens,, u got me questioning it again now like years back is it good it it not :sweating:

Iv use soil from local grown shop in past that has feed already init and just water and boost later on 3 of a plant didn't look like them buds tho fair play

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Haha I know my Basil , though I clocked it lol, in had some in mine before,,, so that 13 hour or or 11?,, what's is tlos? Im thinking their them long metal feed trays for cows on farms ? What soil do you use. Can't get over the bud being so fat with no feed just bit of boost crazy. ,, I'm going to stop removing leaves now I seen them, been a few years since iv not removed any leaves time go back see what happens,, u got me questioning it again now like years back is it good it it not :sweating:

Iv use soil from local grown shop in past that has feed already init and just water and boost later on 3 of a plant didn't look like them buds tho fair play

Thats 11 hrs on, 13 hrs off. Tlos is True living organic soil. There are lots of recipes but what i use is way simpler. I only used neem seed meal, ewc, bat guano, manure and used filter carbon soaked in homemade fpes (fermented plant extracts) and molasses. Homemade fpes were aloe vera, alfalfa, banana peels and kelp. About 1 litre of carbon in volume soaked in this mixture for a week then mix everything in. The soil base is peat moss with perlite, zeolite, pumice and a little bit of hydroton got mixed accidentally. Thats it. To be honest i removed couple of leaves from some plants. The ones at the lowest parts to let that lower buds get light. But again only 1 or 2.

This is the tall one on the middle row drying. My hands are decently sized and this grew in a container which is smaller than 1 gallon. Maybe about 2.5 litre.

BA80FD6B F5E6 4F79 9488 8726ED96E9BA

Ph 007

Ph 007

Ow right in was way off then lol, though I was ha..

Nice I'd like to do organic / true living soil, normal organic is the same thing right.?

Soubs like you live on a farm or have a lot of space for all this brewing and sruff..
Iv heard of and seen bat guano, manure
The wrest if new to me well banana for potassium.. Once I got the hang of coco with chemical feed I'll try organic, higher pH ain't it something like 6.5-6.8?

Thats a fat but their :) what you pulling of one plabt dry indoor.?
And what strain is that..

I had 7 a plant dry, i had 2 plants under 600 HP's
I always harvest 8 weeks see little soon i suppose, thats pineapple chunk and honey suckle..

And whats with the 11 hour light why now 12

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I went from 600 hps, to CMH, to cob led, and now run 2 of the HLG quantum board fixtures similar to the one you posted. While they are not from Horticulturelightinggroup, they will work fine. I run my fixtures between 400-450 watts.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ow right in was way off then lol, though I was ha..

Nice I'd like to do organic / true living soil, normal organic is the same thing right.?

Soubs like you live on a farm or have a lot of space for all this brewing and sruff..
Iv heard of and seen bat guano, manure
The wrest if new to me well banana for potassium.. Once I got the hang of coco with chemical feed I'll try organic, higher pH ain't it something like 6.5-6.8?

Thats a fat but their :) what you pulling of one plabt dry indoor.?
I had 7 a plant dry, i had 2 plants under 600 HP's light

And whats with the 11 hour light why now 12

I live in a small house. All my brewing is “micro”. 2-3 litre bottles. I don’t ph. My tap is 6.8-7. Only check the soil mix after some cooking and add lime if needed. I don’t weigh my stuff because these are all for personal use. So who cares right. But with a 5 gallon smartpot, i pulled about 175-200gr dry a plant from a dinachem. With mostercropping.

Again yield is not very important to me and mostly related to genetics. I bet in the same conditions i could have pulled way more with the plant i posted above which is a critical+ from dinafem. So i try to focus on quality. I pulled as low as 20-30grs a plant in 1 gallon. But the smell of these weeds made their low yields tolerable. If you want to pull big just start with appropriate genetics.

Also the deal with the 11/13 is just to save electricity. The carbon footprint and all that stuff. No ill effects and can possibly shorten flowering too. I have to test it at one point. Or maybe someone did. Who knows?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Another one for QB's hands down.

I run this light in a 4x4 I can't say enough good things about it. And would do a 5x5
It will out perform a DE 1000watt HPS in ppfd.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I went from 600 hps, to CMH, to cob led, and now run 2 of the HLG quantum board fixtures similar to the one you posted. While they are not from Horticulturelightinggroup, they will work fine. I run my fixtures between 400-450 watts.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I live in a small house. All my brewing is “micro”. 2-3 litre bottles. I don’t ph. My tap is 6.8-7. Only check the soil mix after some cooking and add lime if needed. I don’t weigh my stuff because these are all for personal use. So who cares right. But with a 5 gallon smartpot, i pulled about 175-200gr dry a plant from a dinachem. With mostercropping.

Again yield is not very important to me and mostly related to genetics. I bet in the same conditions i could have pulled way more with the plant i posted above which is a critical+ from dinafem. So i try to focus on quality. I pulled as low as 20-30grs a plant in 1 gallon. But the smell of these weeds made their low yields tolerable. If you want to pull big just start with appropriate genetics.

Also the deal with the 11/13 is just to save electricity. The carbon footprint and all that stuff. No ill effects and can possibly shorten flowering too. I have to test it at one point. Or maybe someone did. Who knows?

No farm then 🤣 ,
All sound good fair play and cutting down electric & caron foot print 👍

Ye it be interesting to hear if anyone has tried both 12/12. & 11/13 side by side see if the 11/13 finished sooner, sure I read before people do it towards then end make plant think winter is on its way suppose make seance ..

Ph 007

Ph 007

Another one for QB's hands down.

I run this light in a 4x4 I can't say enough good things about it. And would do a 5x5
It will out perform a DE 1000watt HPS in ppfd.

Aqua man thanks again,, I shall have a look now

Ph 007

Ph 007

Aqua man thanks again,, I shall have a look now

Only problem for me with that is its 20watt more than my 600w,,, think I'll be going with the Quantum boards one off eBay 2 them = 500 watt, i like the idea of saving that 100w ;)..

Got to be said I love this forum so useful 🤓

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
No farm then 🤣 ,
All sound good fair play and cutting down electric & caron foot print 👍

Ye it be interesting to hear if anyone has tried both 12/12. & 11/13 side by side see if the 11/13 finished sooner, sure I read before people do it towards then end make plant think winter is on its way suppose make seance ..

Also don’t want to mislead. The plant i pulled 200gr was vegged for only 20 days from a monstercropped clone and it was under a different diy fixture. It was pcbs designed for wallwasher lights or something. Was a cheap, shitty led fixture. About 320-350w after driver loss in the same tent. Leds are cool. Even the shitty ones will outperform that hps i’m sure but its also good growing skills. I lived at a farm also. Its not much different. Everything is just bigger. Hahaha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom