Are these at Normal seed height?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
New grower here and I’m currently at day 13 from seed. Are these seedlings stretching? Temps are around 75 average and RH around 65%. I have a 105 watt led that is now about 16 inches from the top. I started at 24 but then went to 18. Seedlings are in 64 oz homemade pots. Should I bring my led even closer? The led is from Amazon is called brand is BEELUX. Reviews were good on Amazon from ppl growing but it was only a 60$ led. I feel a may be able to bring it closer even tho the manufacturer says not to go past 18in. I have a kingbrite 240watt qb on the way and will be to play around with the heights all over again. Any input would be welcomed I think I’ll try topping off my pots unless you all think I’ll be alright.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They are not in what we refer to as the stretch. That happens when you flip from a veg light timing to flower light timing, instantly.

They did stretch, trying to reach more light, but that stem, below the cotyledon leaves, will not stretch anymore. Next time, give the seedlings more light and they won't stretch that way.

If seedlings don't have the optimal amount of light, they will stretch their stems, with just about no leaf growth, until they either find the light they want or they flop over and die. Yours did not have the optimal amount of light, but it got enough to avoid flopping over. That danger has passed.

While it's nice to start with shorter stems and larger first leaves, just give them more light now and they'll completely forget that they were ever starved for light, by the time you harvest.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Use a 10 dollar led shop light from walmart for veg, they are about 1000 lumens of 6500K color temperature so that heavy blue spectrum helps keep em short. You can also get the light close (6-12 inches) because it's only 1000 lumens so it won't hurt them negatively. They also are only 10 watts so you won't notice it at all on the electric bill.

growsince79

growsince79

New grower here and I’m currently at day 13 from seed. Are these seedlings stretching? Temps are around 75 average and RH around 65%. I have a 105 watt led that is now about 16 inches from the top. I started at 24 but then went to 18. Seedlings are in 64 oz homemade pots. Should I bring my led even closer? The led is from Amazon is called brand is BEELUX. Reviews were good on Amazon from ppl growing but it was only a 60$ led. I feel a may be able to bring it closer even tho the manufacturer says not to go past 18in. I have a kingbrite 240watt qb on the way and will be to play around with the heights all over again. Any input would be welcomed I think I’ll try topping off my pots unless you all think I’ll be alright.
Imo cfl is the best light for seeds and early veg. These are normal 14 days old

IMG 20200824 055252010
Last edited:
XxHammer

XxHammer

20210413 134017

This is Day 14. As someone else said, your ladies want more light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom