Are these black lady bug larva or something else!?! Please help, day 50 of flower!

• Thread starter Sledsons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sledsons

Sledsons

Backstory - I have had ladybugs in my tent for a few months and I found gold eggs before they hatched into larva several weeks ago. Today, I find these black eggs that resemble ladybug eggs but are they actually ladybugs!? I'm about two weeks from harvest so I am a bit freaked out by finding these in my tent. If you look up ladybug larva you will see they look very similar but these are just black!

Capturepng
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would say "something else." I've never seen lady bug larva like that. They could be eggs.

Sledsons

Sledsons

I would say "something else." I've never seen lady bug larva like that. They could be eggs.
I would agree, however they look very similar to the shape/size of ladybug larva.. almost identical. I have them isolated in a container to see what they hatch into. I am searching google for black insect eggs and so far nothing resembles what I am seeing here.

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Ladybug eggs are yellow to orangish red. Definitely not what these are. Probably lacebugs or aphids of some sort. Fuck them thangs up. Ladybug larva look like mini black and red dinosaurs, super cool looking. You'll know when you see them.

Sledsons

Sledsons

I just googled ladybug eggs, and they look nothing like those bastards.
100% - I had ladybug eggs in my tent a little while ago - really interesting process to watch unfold - without a doubt aphid eggs from what my research showed

Sledsons

Sledsons

Ladybug eggs are yellow to orangish red. Definitely not what these are. Probably lacebugs or aphids of some sort. Fuck them thangs up. Ladybug larva look like mini black and red dinosaurs, super cool looking. You'll know when you see them.
They are so neat man it's amazing how advanced nature is.. it's mind blowing. I was able to get a few lady bugs to mate and it was amazing watching the process. Seems they are def aphid eggs but I have quite a few lady bugs in there so I am removing what I see and keep on moving - planning on doing a heavy bud wash

Top Bottom