Are these buds small for week 8?

• Thread starter Arobbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Arobbz

Arobbz

So I'm on week 8 from going to 12/12 worried I have messed up the whole thing lol. Dosent smell at all and buds seem really small.

Any tips or advice please?

Are these buds small for week 8
Are these buds small for week 8 2
Are these buds small for week 8 3
Are these buds small for week 8 4
Anthem

Anthem

Buds look good. Size is not huge, but decent tric's. What is the temp's? I have had a grow go bad from heat. It was an outdoor and the heat just smoke the terpz

Arobbz

Arobbz

Its called Dolato (Gelato x Dosido) and temps ok 28 lights on 22 lights off. I have a single sorbet in there and her buds are big smelly and frosty as hell. Pretty confused with this strain all 3 are the same.

Anthem

Anthem

Its called Dolato (Gelato x Dosido) and temps ok 28 lights on 22 lights off. I have a single sorbet in there and her buds are big smelly and frosty as hell. Pretty confused with this strain all 3 are the same.
It may not be you. Some breeders just throw a male and a female together and see what comes out. If you have another strain in the same grow that smell good and the buds are large and smell good odd are it is not you but genetics. Just have to chalk it up to experience.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Something seems off. The single blade leafs almost look like its re-vegging or just one of those 'newer unstable strains as mentioned above.
Anyhow, people calculate "flowering" weeks a few different ways. From light switch, to actual flower formation, from end of stretch. In the end, most go by trich color so it's kind of irrelevant. Just gives a ballpark idea of where you're at. From the looks of your pistols, you've still got weeks to go my friend. I'd go as far as saying 4-5wks since your pistols are still white. Keep doing what you're doing. All looks good, should fatten up a ton!

rayi

rayi

If a plant gets too much nitrogen the buds will be small. This plant may not need as much N as the others

Reactions: Ina
Arobbz

Arobbz

So I'm using 1 single 600w HPS
Followed the SHOGUN feed chart and used all there products. Will show you pics of the single sorbet in there to show you the difference. Think it's just a case of a waiting game now.

20200409 170224
20200409 170214
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So your second set of pictures does look like that plant is pretty much done; it looks like it needs a flush period then you can harvest. That first picture looks like the plant has at least 5 more weeks to go. Assuming you were growing from seed, this is why breeders harvest times are just averages, not absolutes; different phenotypes may produce plants that act and look nothing like each other even though they are from the same seed batch. You may have ended up with a phenotype that leans heavily towards its sativa heritage and may go 10-12 weeks before harvest. To me it looks like that one is at the point where it is about to blow up with new bud growth and will eventually give you a nice harvest.

Your second plant, though looking pretty close to done doesn't look like the harvest is going to be all that big. The buds are looking very thin, and that point where it tapers and then buds out again at the tip does look like it tried to go back into vegetative growth before realizing it was still in flower. I do think they have far too much nitrogen as you are getting a lot of single bladed leaves growing out and the color of the leaves is a very dark glossy green.

I am not too familiar with Shogun nutrients, but are you using the whole line or just some of their products?

Reactions: Ina
MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

I'd still personally hold off for another week or two on the plant that actually has some orange hairs to it. It still has plenty of white hairs pushing which means it's still getting fat. To each their own though!

Top Bottom