Are These Bulb Mites?

• Thread starter eyeball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyeball

eyeball

Hello.
Please help me identify these critters. The picture and video is taking on top of rockwool cubes. They have white bodies and some white with pinkish/purple legs and are very small. Some not all are slimy. They are reflecting green from the rockwool. Thanks for any help.
The focus gets better at 24 second mark.
Are these bulb mites
Are these bulb mites 2

eyeball

eyeball

Hope this helps
Yes, thank you. I've done a lot of research and maybe I was hoping that they might be hynoapis miles a predator mite, due to the waxy backs. So you are confirming in your opinion that they are bulb mites? Any advice on how to eradicate them. They are in my flower room and veg. Flower is on day 18.
Thanks.

I've dealt with them & they definitely look like Bulb Mites to me. The vid & pics aren't clear enough for a positive I.D., but they are not your friends no matter what. Predator mites are fast movers. Are the mites shown above on wet/damp rock wool? Bulb mites aren't necessarily slimy, they're shiny though.
I'll try to post some pics and/or vids for you, if you'd like.

Did you definitely see the same mites in your flower & veg rooms?
If so, where at, the basal stem area?
What do you use for a medium?

You really need to positively I.D. your enemy before you can fight it.
Bulb mites are straight up evil, no joke. They are not to be underestimated.
They create a bacteria when feeding that infects plants, which does the most damage of all.
First sign in flower is usually phantom Mg deficiency. Then "perma-drooping" of larger leaves(like overwatered, no matter how wet or dry the medium), early yellowing/senescence, and yields will diminish.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Miles bugs and other mite predators are fast and they will run around your plant/pot/soil quickly flailing their legs looking for prey. Mites that eat your plant are slow moving and will be mainly on the plant, slow moving bugs in the soil could be recyclers or pests.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
90% iso in a mist bottle will kill them and not harm the bud too much, getting them off of there is the problem.

eyeball

eyeball

I've dealt with them & they definitely look like Bulb Mites to me. The vid & pics aren't clear enough for a positive I.D., but they are not your friends no matter what. Predator mites are fast movers. Are the mites shown above on wet/damp rock wool? Bulb mites aren't necessarily slimy, they're shiny though.

I'm using rockwool cubes. They are mostly on top and a few on the bottom. Yes I'm seeing all sorts of deficiencies. Any pics, videos or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Miles bugs and other mite predators are fast and they will run around your plant/pot/soil quickly flailing their legs looking for prey. Mites that eat your plant are slow moving and will be mainly on the plant, slow moving bugs in the soil could be recyclers or pests.
These look like they are moving.

eyeball

eyeball

You really need to positively I.D. your enemy before you can fight it.
Bulb mites are straight up evil, no joke. They are not to be underestimated.
They create a bacteria when feeding that infects plants, which does the most damage of all.
First sign in flower is usually phantom Mg deficiency. Then "perma-drooping" of larger leaves(like overwatered, no matter how wet or dry the medium), early yellowing/senescence, and yields will diminish.
I'm in rockwool cubes. Any pics or video or suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks yoy.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a predatory mite that works well on bulb mites, thrips. It is called "Hypoaspis aculeifer"

Here is alink for more information on them and how to source them.

Freek1

Freek1

I have an interesting theory about these...So these were mistaken for 'micro root aphids" in some post.
Everyone has been trying to kill them with pesticides...however the people with the most success have used some sort of bacterial innocolate (OG biowar, Pond scum remover ...etc) Also Peroxide gave my plants an immediate jump.
So my theory with all the bug hunting we are missing what these things actually eat and spread FUNGUS NAMELY FUSARIUM. So my approach will switch from the bug to the fungus, starting today soaking my clones in peroxide...waiting for orange oil which has an insecticidal and fungicidal effect and in between all that Pond Scum remover.
Attack the fungus not the bug....I will update my progress.

Freek1

Freek1

Ok look, the orange oil was bad for the plants... lost a bunch.

The survivors got a new treatment , Sulfur and Malathion drench.
The only reason I am using Malathion is that the population has to drop quickly. After a lot of research sulfur is the knockout punch. These bulb mites bring fungus just like the gnat i believe there is some type of relationship between the 2... actually a 3some. Fungus , Bulb Mites and fungus gnats.
3 days after the dunk I haven't seen any insect at all in my soil... roots are coming back , plants are reaching for the light . I will be following up with green death and pond scum remover.
Hit them with the sulfur ASAP.

Top Bottom