Are These Bulb Mites?

• Thread starter eyeball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Yes, thank you. I've done a lot of research and maybe I was hoping that they might be hynoapis miles a predator mite, due to the waxy backs. So you are confirming in your opinion that they are bulb mites? Any advice on how to eradicate them. They are in my flower room and veg. Flower is on day 18.
Thanks.
These have avwaxy white substance oozing from their backs..you most likely have root aphids!! If you see pstches of white fungus/white waxy substance in the bottom or sides of your rootball...THEY'RE ROOT APHIDS and a serious bitch to get rid of..lol....lots of peeps got these bitch ass mf'ers this year...fungus gnats are obdolete to the fuckers...they got rid of them chocked the fuckers out of my pots. I thought i had a benni up in this bitch...fuck no!!! ROOT APHIDS DUDE....

Do they have 2 brow spots on their back....after seeing the video....those arent root aphids...

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I have an interesting theory about these...So these were mistaken for 'micro root aphids" in some post.
Everyone has been trying to kill them with pesticides...however the people with the most success have used some sort of bacterial innocolate (OG biowar, Pond scum remover ...etc) Also Peroxide gave my plants an immediate jump.
So my theory with all the bug hunting we are missing what these things actually eat and spread FUNGUS NAMELY FUSARIUM. So my approach will switch from the bug to the fungus, starting today soaking my clones in peroxide...waiting for orange oil which has an insecticidal and fungicidal effect and in between all that Pond Scum remover.
Attack the fungus not the bug....I will update my progress.
I wouldnt go after an issue caused by something like a bug...go after the bug!! Theres no cure for fusarium...ways to help fight it off. But no cure...theres a cure for bugs though..thats an ass whoopin

Freek1

Freek1

I wouldnt go after an issue caused by something like a bug...go after the bug!! Theres no cure for fusarium...ways to help fight it off. But no cure...theres a cure for bugs though..thats an ass whoopin
Sulphur.. it’s working.
Look it up.

Freek1

Freek1

I want pics...how certain are you its not some other fungi or bacteria?

Before and after would be great
Working on the after ....to be honest I know I have some type of fungus ...fungus gnats and bulb mites both bring it , however I cannot positively identify a fungus. It could be 1 or multiple.
I really messed up using essential oils on my plants so I will give some before and after pics of the survivors of this debacle as soon as they recover.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I sprayed my pepper plants with a nstural oil based spray...killed every leaf! Green aphids....ants carrying them...i thought how cool is that...got out the spray. Left for 20 minutes to run an errand....plant was fuckt when i came back...go figure....lol...ill never do that again.....

Freek1

Freek1

I sprayed my pepper plants with a nstural oil based spray...killed every leaf! Green aphids....ants carrying them...i thought how cool is that...got out the spray. Left for 20 minutes to run an errand....plant was fuckt when i came back...go figure....lol...ill never do that again.....
Sounds about right.. and only thing i will use oils for now are cleaning walls and a repellent:
Everytime i tried to use them for disease it either didn’t completely work or caused damage.

Freek1

Freek1

Working on the after ....to be honest I know I have some type of fungus ...fungus gnats and bulb mites both bring it , however I cannot positively identify a fungus. It could be 1 or multiple.
I really messed up using essential oils on my plants so I will give some before and after pics of the survivors of this debacle as soon as they recover.
I did a powdered sulfur and malathion drench....it seems sulfur works on every type of mite from what I have read so far. The sulfur also kills or retards every fungus out there.
The industries that deal with bulb (Garlic, onions, tulips etc) Apply it before storage and before planning , that really what strikes me as repetetive.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Sounds about right.. and only thing i will use oils for now are cleaning walls and a repellent:
Everytime i tried to use them for disease it either didn’t completely work or caused damage.
Orange oil is obviously a great cleaner. 4sure!

Essential oils they say to use in soil but im not going there....i used organocide which is sesame oil and fish oil....leaves aren't sitting up at the 45 degree angle they did before application...thry seem to be responding a lil more everyday though...we'll see keep everyone posted...get those pics up...pm me if you are ashsmed and dont want to post publicly...id like to see this damage..

Edit: im kind of paranoid about any oil. Unless an emulsifying agent is present. It'd be like running the product through your RO filter(basically what roots are)

Freek1

Freek1

Orange oil is obviously a great cleaner. 4sure!

Essential oils they say to use in soil but im not going there....i used organocide which is sesame oil and fish oil....leaves aren't sitting up at the 45 degree angle they did before application...thry seem to be responding a lil more everyday though...we'll see keep everyone posted...get those pics up...pm me if you are ashsmed and dont want to post publicly...id like to see this damage..

Edit: im kind of paranoid about any oil. Unless an emulsifying agent is present. It'd be like running the product through your RO filter(basically what roots are)
Basically I will put them up when I have an after it hasn't been 3 days.
Honestly just not seeing crawlers has me very happy.

Dutchess

Dutchess

Are you drenching with sulfur? Sulfur is great I spray it throughout veg. You cannot However spray it in flower. If I need to spray in flower I use Nuke Em which is oil based but can be used up to day of flower.

Freek1

Freek1

Are you drenching with sulfur? Sulfur is great I spray it throughout veg. You cannot However spray it in flower. If I need to spray in flower I use Nuke Em which is oil based but can be used up to day of flower.
Got rid of all the plants after drenching with , sulfur, orange oil , malathion and pyrethium.
I bough a wireless microscope and still saw a bulb mite and some kind of larvae....
Unkillible it seems so starting all over.

Easy420420

Easy420420

Got rid of all the plants after drenching with , sulfur, orange oil , malathion and pyrethium.
I bough a wireless microscope and still saw a bulb mite and some kind of larvae....
Unkillible it seems so starting all over.
Any updates, I'm allergic to empty flower rooms

Freek1

Freek1

Any updates, I'm allergic to empty flower rooms
The new grow was going great..only thing that made it over was some kind of bad spores it seems...I guess do to all the root damage spores somehow spread and were ready to jump on the new crop. Treated the whole crop with Thiomyl at the beginning of flower and have healthy roots again. Also watering with Tricoderma fungus , which is not cheap but seems to have the root system thriving. Also using pond scum remover bacteria to get rid of dead roots with healthy microbes.
Harvested some delicious Banana Smoothie and cut down some fantastic smell Jack Herer . All my old weed head friends have returned to support me . God Is Good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom