Are these LED strips any good?

• Thread starter Smithers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smithers

Smithers

So I've been walking past this huge pile of LED strip lighting at my local amazing industrial resellers warehouse. It's been there about a year, and I've bought 1 of the approx 16" long bars ($2/e) to test connectors with. I don't have a ppfd/par meter, and just think visually they'd be bright, and I have no way to test the spectrum. I've been busy but recently interested in possibly making a light, at a distance. Look how many bars they have! The 4' I think are $5/e, the packaged ones are $2. The store does massive discounts w/ cash and bulk. I'd rather buy branded quality, but I often also get sucked into DIY just for the experience to learn.

Curious, someone absolutely dumped these to upgrade. I may or may not (prob not as I haven't yet over the year+) buy up the new stack of packaged ~16" bars, and there's a lot of them. But moreso, I'd rather just purchase a quality light. I wanted to throw up the pics and see if anyone had any comments.

Are these led strips any good 4

Are these led strips any good 3

Are these led strips any good 2

Are these led strips any good

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If I had a bigger grow, I might get a couple of see how well they work. If nothing else, they can fill in shadowy spots.

Top Bottom