Are these little bugs broad mites?

• Thread starter Loopusmagpie2u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

I have a video of a little tiny white mite walking around. Its from my iphone zoomed in. Any information is appreciated!

steamroller

steamroller

My guess would be an aphid.
If you are still in veg get a 1 gallon pump sprayer and some Spinosad and follow the directions on mixing.
The sprayer helps you get under the leaves and everywhere on plants.
One like this

The Spinosad is safe and works on many pest.
1 gallon sprayer makes good use of small batches you mix up.

Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

My guess would be an aphid.
If you are still in veg get a 1 gallon pump sprayer and some Spinosad and follow the directions on mixing.
The sprayer helps you get under the leaves and everywhere on plants.
One like this View attachment 1261740
The Spinosad is safe and works on many pest.
1 gallon sprayer makes good use of small batches you mix up.
Ive checked under a scope it doesnt have antennas like the aphids do. It looks like some kind of mite under a scope.

LJ66

LJ66

Possibly whiteflies in which case you can help by physically washing/blasting the little buggas off with soapy water then wash the plant with insecticidal wash. Try using an insect identifier app.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Try to make a positive ID before you go All nuclear. People pay a lot of money for beneficial,Predatory mites. You may have lucked out and have them. I’ve never seen a harmful mite Move that fast, like someone above stated. Do you see any leaf damage?

Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

One thing I don't believe is it is Broad mites. They are so small, they are invisable to the naked eye and most claim it requires a minimal 60x maginification to see them.
Well thats great to know like somebody said above i think its a beneficial mite.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe try going to Arbico Organics website and see if you can find a picture of a similar critter.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And let’s see some pictures of the plants you are trying to protect. Please.

Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

Try to make a positive ID before you go All nuclear. People pay a lot of money for beneficial,Predatory mites. You may have lucked out and have them. I’ve never seen a harmful mite Move that fast, like someone above stated. Do you see any leaf damage?
I think your right! I have had leaf damage but also had thrips.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, keep working on it, and don’t take anything for granted. I am a negative person and find it hard to believe that anyone could have An infestation of beneficial mites. L O L! But I guess stranger things have happened! But keep your guns loaded! And good luck

Loopusmagpie2u

Loopusmagpie2u

Well, keep working on it, and don’t take anything for granted. I am a negative person and find it hard to believe that anyone could have An infestation of beneficial mites. L O L! But I guess stranger things have happened! But keep your guns loaded! And good luck
Yes very hard to believe for me also. I have had some worry some leaf damage and made me scope things out and i found those bugs. Ive had them for 3 runs now and my last 2 runs were my best. But i was also spraying wettable sulfur every 4 days. So its hard to tell but i know sulfur does not eradicate these things what ever they are. Thanks for the replies!

Latest posts

Top Bottom