Are these male flowers on my female plant?

• Thread starter Progshim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Progshim

Progshim

Hi. I'm still pretty new to growing. A couple of my plants are recovering from a nutrient screw-up on my part, and they have these little ball looking growths at the branch nodes. I read that stressing a plant can cause hermaphrodite-ing, so if you can make them out, can anyone tell me if they're male flowers? Thanks
Are these male flowers on my female plant

Badcableman

Badcableman

I don't think those look like pollen sacs. But judging from the appearance of several of those fan leaves, you've got a different forest fire to piss out on your hands. 😣

UPNorth906

UPNorth906

Those are female calyxes with pistils protruding. Hermaphrotidism is overblown in my opinion. Often super dank strains like my Catalina Wine Mixer will have a couple pollen sacks open up on the bottom but i rarely get a seed. What really messes things up is a fully hermaphrodited plant with stamen (nanners) protruding everywhere and opening. A small number of closed stamen groups is pretty normal for a lot of cultivars.

Progshim

Progshim

A couple of you noticed the poor condition of the plant. I'm pretty sure it's due to the pH of her food being too low. When the brown spotting started, it was only a day after feeding, and it happened SO fast, I figured it had to be a nutrient issue. Right then I flushed all 4 of my plants in the shower, and the next day bought a digital pH meter and mixed up some new food the same way. It measured 4.3 on the meter. What I've read seems to point to some kind of nutrient lockout. I've been using foxfarm since I started growing with no issues until now. Since then, they've only gotten water, no fertilizer or nutrients. They have all started to bounce back, with pretty new flowers on the bud as well as new sugar leaves. Live and learn right?

Thank you all for responding, and thanks for asking. Any feedback is welcome.

Progshim

Progshim

I took some pictures to show you guys. Here are all 4 plants. They all got the same food but it only affected 3 of them. The rear left plant is Sour Enzo Kush and didn't show any sign of distress. The fan leaves that are dying now is just due to age...this is day 54 of 60.

All 4 plants today:
20210823 213458

New (recovering) growth on GDP:
20210823 213538

Sour Enzo Kush (unaffected)
20210823 213511

New growth on Old Man Socks

20210823 213529

New growth on the worst affected plant (also GDP)
20210823 213538

I'll be checking the pH before feeding EVERY time from now on.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Either your pH is way off or you've got Potassium lockout from excess calcium. Any chance you're using hard well or tap water?
Chronic overwatering can also cause similar symptoms.

Top Bottom