Are these plants a dud?

• Thread starter Marketplaza2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

I got 2 seeds out of bud I got from a dispensary. I have them in a tent with sf1000 lights. They’ve been in flower for 8 weeks now. On the right plant some of the pistils are turning brown. Only problem is they both have small buds. I’m using FF OF
And using FF nutes as well. But the buds don’t seem to be growing much and now the brown pistils. Are these just 2 plants that are no good because of how I got the seeds? For my next grow I got some zkittlez I got from ilgm so I know that’ll at least be good. I’d appreciate any help.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
I got 2 seeds out of bud I got from a dispensary. I have them in a tent with sf1000 lights. They’ve been in flower for 8 weeks now. On the right plant some of the pistils are turning brown. Only problem is they both have small buds. I’m using FF OF
And using FF nutes as well. But the buds don’t seem to be growing much and now the brown pistils. Are these just 2 plants that are no good because of how I got the seeds? For my next grow I got some zkittlez I got from ilgm so I know that’ll at least be good. I’d appreciate any help.
those plants have been on 12/12 hours for 8 weeks?

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

They look good? Cool. But the spider farmer 1000 has all the spectrums in it. It has red ir lights on it, bright white and yellow ones as well. It’s supposed to work from seedling to flower. I’ve used it the whole time and the plants seem to love it. But if I turn it up to high it causes light burn so I got it dialed in to where none is happening. It’s just frustrating that I now have some brown pistils but the buds aren’t getting fat.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
the only issue i see, is the start of light stress so raise it up like 10 inches..
you can tell by the leaf tips near the canopy are starting to lighten in colour, not burnt and the praying leaves..
well you may have a 12 week strain.. just keep going.. looks great…

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

I know about the light stress. Problem is my light is as high as I can put it, I’m not sure on how to fix this other than losing a bit of the top bud after harvest.

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

It was at 60% and I just turned it down to 50%. The reason I didn’t do this earlier was because I was worried the lower buds wouldn’t get the light they needed. But I honestly don’t think 10% will effect the yield that much.

Frankster

Frankster

Seshat; Goddess of Wisdom, Knowledge, and writing.
Supporter
ok firstly i’m not too familiar with LED lights, but do you have to change the spectrum to more red light for flowering?
also the plants look healthy and great..
Some lights have switches on them, but generally the newer full spectrums don't nick. I think the op might be a little off about the actual dates here, they certainly don't look 8 weeks along from where I'm standing, maybe not that far off, but probably a bit under that would be my guess. Usually the pistol growth has matured by then.

Does the Op know the physical date (the day) these plants were flipped?

Overall the plants look good, IMO. I would dial it down about 20-30% or so, that should help.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
It was at 60% and I just turned it down to 50%. The reason I didn’t do this earlier was because I was worried the lower buds wouldn’t get the light they needed. But I honestly don’t think 10% will effect the yield that much.
well your nearing the end so less intense light sorta makes sense with nature.
i’m curious what you feeding and how much?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Should actually increase it some, if it's optimal. Certainly burning the plant isn't good. (I can attest to that one).

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
Some lights have switches on them, but generally the newer full spectrums don't nick. I think the op might be a little off about the actual dates here, they certainly don't look 8 weeks along from where I'm standing, maybe not that far off, but probably a bit under that would be my guess. Usually the pistol growth has matured by then.

Does the Op know the physical date (the day) these plants were flipped?

Overall the plants look good, IMO. I would dial it down about 20-30% or so, that should help.
thanks brother!!
first thing i asked too
“your sure 8weeks at 12/12? and yes..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
Should actually increase it some, if it's optimal.
well he’s starting to get light stress? and can’t raise it anymore?
what’s do you think is best?
maybe scroll through the thread as i’ve never worked with LED’s before..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I think he kinda answered his own question actually, turning it from 60% downwards to 50%.

Overall, I think if he could get a more fitting spot, and could pull the plants apart a bit, and create a higher overhead, that should allow him to throw the light more efficiently, and cast a bit wider net, improve overall penetration.... for your lower hanging fruit. But he appears limited in that regard, so I think all being said, turning it down more might simply be the correct course of action.

Top training (as you suggest) could maybe be a better option also, but it's looking mighty crowded in there.

Last edited:
Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

I’m using FF nutes at half strength so I don’t burn em. I also add a tbsn of molasses every feeding. But you may be right about the timing. I asked my wife and she said they’ve been in flower about 5 weeks. But the one concern I’m having is that only one of the buds most of the pistils turned brown. I figured they didn’t this around 8 weeks.

Top Bottom