Are these plants a dud?

• Thread starter Marketplaza2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Seshat; Goddess of Wisdom, Knowledge, and writing.
Supporter
That's one more
I’m using FF nutes at half strength so I don’t burn em. I also add a tbsn of molasses every feeding. But you may be right about the timing. I asked my wife and she said they’ve been in flower about 5 weeks. But the one concern I’m having is that only one of the buds most of the pistils turned brown. I figured they didn’t this around 8 weeks.
That sounds more like it, your right in the middle of the swelling right now. I would keep it on them as much as you can without damaging the tops. Pay close attention to that "praying" that he's speaking about... Turn them down a bit to recoup, then once recovered, start bumping it up again to find the sweet spot.

If you want to try an advanced technique, you can take them out of there, find a spot maybe 4-6 inches down, depending on how much room you've got to bend them to the side.

Line them up how you want them sitting in the cage, then mash the living crap out of the stems in the spots desired, (I use my first finger, and my thumb) and bend those cola's to the corners of each tent. Strategy, and looking were you want to bend them requires a bit of forethought. That's what I would do. Take real care, not to snap them, bend them low as possible, and maybe even tie the things down, if possible.

Disclaimer: this is an advanced technique, and you can damage the pants by doing this....

If your interested, maybe I can throw up an example for you.

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

Please, I would love an example. Since this is my first grow so I’m learning a lot rn so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here's one I did awhile back. If you don't tie them down, the grow back upwards, but if you smash them good enough, they will stay pretty bent.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Just don't go so low your going to run out of room in the corner of the tent, I would go down like 2-4 nodes max, and find a safe spot. The shorter ones probably don't even need it. If you do it, you want to pinch your stem 90 degrees perpendicular to the corner of the tent your shooting for.... If that makes any sense.

The other way would to be to make sure that cola is sitting off to the side of the light, because the intensity directly under that light is far higher, than the intensity slightly off to the side. If you can find a happy spot for the plant, it will be ideal.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
yes @Frankster is talking about super cropping.. maybe look it up also to get different explanations as it may make you feel more comfortable about doing it..
it will increase bud size to the branches you do it to..
yes it very advanced and works!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, things can certainly go wrong using techniques such as these.... That said, the benefits have significant upsides, no doubt. It's not technique for the weak of heart.
I think in your case, a combination of tying and super cropping might be optimal, but either or should get the job done. Regardless, it boils down to choices made.

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

Thank You! I’m going to try super cropping to it now. I read about it before but I thought you can’t do it while it’s in flower. But if you say it’s fine I’ll go do it right away

GNick55

GNick55

Staff member
Supporter
Thank You! I’m going to try super cropping to it now. I read about it before but I thought you can’t do it while it’s in flower. But if you say it’s fine I’ll go do it right away
you should be ok as there’s probably 4 weeks left but only do it to the ones you have that you have no other choice..

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

Ok. Than you for the advice. I’m really glad I found this message board. It’s really great to be able to speak to so many people. And find out what works.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
When you say your light is up as much as it goes, have you taken all the hangers off and just go pretty much straight up with just the clip to the pole

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

Sometimes the late bloomers are worth the wait- sometimes not. Looks like you got another 4 weeks or so to find out. Do you remember what strain its from?
One is lost cause and I’m not sure what the other one is. I just saved any seeds I got from bud I got from dispensaries. I mainly only smoke indacas or indaca leaning hybrids.

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

When you say your light is up as much as it goes, have you taken all the hangers off and just go pretty much straight up with just the clip to the pole
I tried that but the clips from my light only fit on the pole

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
yea, the plant is getting very stiff at this point, the higher up on the plant you are, the softer the stems should be, so don't go too deep. It's not needed anyhow very deep, and just be sure to smash it, before bending, and if you can hold it in your fingers tight, as you bend it, that helps also, so you can kinda "feel" if it's breaking, and back off a little....

the key is making a good indentation, impression, smashing, whatever you want to call it, before the bending part occurs...... both sides is optimum.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I got 2 seeds out of bud I got from a dispensary. I have them in a tent with sf1000 lights. They’ve been in flower for 8 weeks now. On the right plant some of the pistils are turning brown. Only problem is they both have small buds. I’m using FF OF
And using FF nutes as well. But the buds don’t seem to be growing much and now the brown pistils. Are these just 2 plants that are no good because of how I got the seeds? For my next grow I got some zkittlez I got from ilgm so I know that’ll at least be good. I’d appreciate any help.
Is that a little N tox going on? The bent leaf or 3 of them look like it anyways. Might be why the buds are on the odd looking side of things...just askin!

Marketplaza2

Marketplaza2

I don’t know how it’s N tox. I’ve only fed them 2 times while in veg ff nutes for veg. Since then I’ve only fed big bloom and tiger bloom and those 2 don’t have much N in them

Top Bottom