Are these plants autos??? Please help!

• Thread starter Bandito_FTW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bandito_FTW

Bandito_FTW

I purchased some feminized GSC seeds from Growers Choice. They are not supposed to be autos. According to them, they don’t even carry GSC autos.

So on Aug. 22 I started germination on 5 of the seeds. On Aug. 26th they sprouted, but one I decided was to small to keep. A runt. I kept the remaining 4 and placed them under t5 lamps until Sept. 11th, when I transplanted them into 5 gal fabric pots, filled with Roots Organic soil. No nutrients were added to the soil. They were placed in my tent, under a 640W led, run at 50% and run on a 18/6 light cycle. From there they were/are watered, as needed, with water pH’d to 6.5, with the runoff consistently staying within +-1 pH.

That’s close to, but not even one month ago. So why on earth do I already have flowers on 3 of my 4 plants? The 4th is already showing signs of flowering. Are these autos? How can they not be, right? They are on an 18/6 light cycle. I don’t get it. But I also have zero experience with auto plants.

My question....how do I proceed? Treat them as autos, and leave the light cycle alone? Or do I push the power to 100%, change to a 12/12 light cycle and wait 10 weeks?
I have given the plants a top dressing of Dr. Earths Flower Girl, but otherwise don’t really know how to proceed with the light cycle.

What are these and what would you do? Thanks.
Are these plants autos please help
Are these plants autos please help 2
Are these plants autos please help 3

jaimars

jaimars

I purchased some feminized GSC seeds from Growers Choice. They are not supposed to be autos. According to them, they don’t even carry GSC autos.

So on Aug. 22 I started germination on 5 of the seeds. On Aug. 26th they sprouted, but one I decided was to small to keep. A runt. I kept the remaining 4 and placed them under t5 lamps until Sept. 11th, when I transplanted them into 5 gal fabric pots, filled with Roots Organic soil. No nutrients were added to the soil. They were placed in my tent, under a 640W led, run at 50% and run on a 18/6 light cycle. From there they were/are watered, as needed, with water pH’d to 6.5, with the runoff consistently staying within +-1 pH.

That’s close to, but not even one month ago. So why on earth do I already have flowers on 3 of my 4 plants? The 4th is already showing signs of flowering. Are these autos? How can they not be, right? They are on an 18/6 light cycle. I don’t get it. But I also have zero experience with auto plants.

My question....how do I proceed? Treat them as autos, and leave the light cycle alone? Or do I push the power to 100%, change to a 12/12 light cycle and wait 10 weeks?
I have given the plants a top dressing of Dr. Earths Flower Girl, but otherwise don’t really know how to proceed with the light cycle.

What are these and what would you do? Thanks. View attachment 1041599View attachment 1041600View attachment 1041601

If they started flowering a couple weeks in with no change in the light schedule then yes they must be autos

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, those do indeed have characteristics of autos. Might as well treat them like it is the flowering cycle. Reduce the light hours but increase the intensity. The plants will continue to grow with whatever cycle you choose, but the 12/12 gives the plants time to rest, focus on root development and nutrient intake and then back into overdrive when the lights come on for the day.

Top Bottom