Are these plants growing a little slow? Or is this natural lol

• Thread starter IndicaPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

I started germing some bubba kush seeds about 2 weeks ago, 2 of them have have made it and since I’ve seen them pop up about ten days ago this is how much they’ve grown. (See photo). I’m not using any grow lights, just the sun. This is my first grow from seed, last year I had some plants given to me halfway thru veg. Anyways I planted them in a coco coir pellet once I saw some decent tap roots so I’m wondering if maybe that’s where I want wrong instead of a regular peat pellet. Or maybe they are growing at a perfectly normal rate and I just don’t realize it cause I’m still new 😅 I quickly ordered some Northern Lights autos once I realized I totally picked the wrong strain to grow outdoors in the PNW lol.Thanks for any tips or feedback!

Are these plants growing a little slow or is this natural lol
Are these plants growing a little slow or is this natural lol 2
IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

And if anyone knows what’s up with the yellowness on the leafs in the seedling in the second pic?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If you're just relying on the sun, you started way early for here in the PNW. We're not even 100% out of the risk of frost yet, let alone having adequate daylight hours for a seedling to really take off. They look healthy, just going slow. Plus the containers they're in are awful big for their little selves, likely generating a ton of roots before starting their vertical ventures. Are these outside or just on a window sill? that could have a huge impact.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your soil looks kind of wet.

Did the roots come through the coco pellet before you planted it? Where is this plant? What kind of temperatures?

IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

I was worried of this. But at least I got some autos coming...I’m growing them in a greenhouse during the day and taking them inside at night. I just transplanted them last night into those 5 gallon grow pots
If you're just relying on the sun, you started way early for here in the PNW. We're not even 100% out of the risk of frost yet, let alone having adequate daylight hours for a seedling to really take off. They look healthy, just going slow. Plus the containers they're in are awful big for their little selves, likely generating a ton of roots before starting their vertical ventures. Are these outside or just on a window sill? that could have a huge impact.

IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

Your soil looks kind of wet.

Did the roots come through the coco pellet before you planted it? Where is this plant? What kind of temperatures?
Greenhouse during the day and I bring it inside at night. The greenhouse during the day gets easily 70-80. And the soil looks wet because I had just sprayed with a water bottle with some RO

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Were the roots coming through the coco pellet before you planted them in the larger containers?

When seedlings sit there, alive but not growing, it usually means there is trouble in the roots — like the soil is too moist, they're drowning and rotting, or not getting enough air for some other reason.

What I've found with some coco and peat pellets is that they're packed too tightly, excluding oxygen and making it difficult for young plants to push their roots through.

I would be carefully digging up these pellets and break them open, then plant the seedling in looser stuff. They won't live forever like this.

IndicaPizza

IndicaPizza

Were the roots coming through the coco pellet before you planted them in the larger containers?

When seedlings sit there, alive but not growing, it usually means there is trouble in the roots — like the soil is too moist, they're drowning and rotting, or not getting enough air for some other reason.

What I've found with some coco and peat pellets is that they're packed too tightly, excluding oxygen and making it difficult for young plants to push their roots through.

I would be carefully digging up these pellets and break them open, then plant the seedling in looser stuff. They won't live forever like this.
Mmm I agree. I noticed some of the pellets all expanded to different sizes. This is most likely my last time using a pellet type. I think with my autos I’ll plant directly into my medium using solo cup method. Don’t think I’ve been over watering though. I’m going to wait just a little bit before I try to cut anything open, but that is good to know thank you. This is why I like this website

Top Bottom