Are these plants ready to clone

• Thread starter jim59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wanting to try cloning and wanting to know where to cut and are these plants to tall
If it was me with your plants I'd top it first. That lets the shoots grow up and fill in. Your plants look light hungry and a bit lanky to take cuttings off yet.....I'm no expert on cloning and some may pipe in and say go for it but I'd say wait another 2 weeks after topping and you'll have nice strong cuts to take. Just pinch off the top in between the 2 shoots at the top.......

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Not ready to clone yet. You have di-opposed node growth, wait for alternating node growth, and I agree with Pipe carver you may be looking leggy, whats your light source?

2Bad

2Bad

You can top and clone at the same time. Your plant looks strong and healthy. I do agree that your plant has stretched they are praying...praying to god for more light lmaooo jkjk

Edit: When you take clones take 3 then when you know how good you are at cloning you only usually need to take 2 clones but sometimes you get finicky strains that take longer to root/die out. But yours look real healthy.
I recommend bending it down by supercropping or LST because that bish tall!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Naw my man, you gotta get more ump. At this rate your buds will be stringy and spaced out. I’d upgrade my lighting stat,

J

jim59

You can top and clone at the same time. Your plant looks strong and healthy. I do agree that your plant has stretched they are praying...praying to god for more light lmaooo jkjk

Edit: When you take clones take 3 then when you know how good you are at cloning you only usually need to take 2 clones but sometimes you get finicky strains that take longer to root/die out. But yours look real healthy.
I recommend bending it down by supercropping or LST because that bish tall!
can i use the tops that i take off and clone them??

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
can i use the tops that i take off and clone them??
No, too small unless you cut the plant in half. Patients its just a baby let it grow. give her light, food and time in another few weeks you'll have all the cuttings you want..

Beazy

Beazy

I would personally cut them in half n use the tops for clones and let the bottoms grow into your new tops WITH A MUCH LARGER LIGHT like was already mentioned. Good luck with whatever you decide

Heywood

Heywood

Do you put these plants outdoors at all?
The lower leaves have spots all over them... can you post a clear picture of what is going on there?

2Bad

2Bad

I would personally cut them in half n use the tops for clones and let the bottoms grow into your new tops WITH A MUCH LARGER LIGHT like was already mentioned. Good luck with whatever you decide
There's only one viable clone if he cuts off the top half and that's the top top.

You can take short clones that's fine . Would I personally want anything smaller then 2-3 inches? no sir but anything over that should be fine

And to everyone else it seems like hes just trying to flower it and see how it goes! Enjoy my guy!

J

jim59

Do you put these plants outdoors at all?
The lower leaves have spots all over them... can you post a clear picture of what is going on there?
just put them outside for the first time today highs in the uppper 70s lows in the 60s baking soda and water spots except internal in the leaves and i dont know what it is its not mold or bugs so kinda at a loss
20220521 094140

Top Bottom