Are these ready for flower? 6 weeks. Lots of defoliation and training

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

These are 6 weeks old. I’ve topped the one a few time’s. And did some LST on the others.

What would happen if I went to flower soon? It should I wait 2-3 more weeks?

CF89

CF89

Really? I was thinking the opposite. They’ve gotten better since I stopped training them and cut the ugly leaves off.

those pics were with the flash on. So it made them look a little different. They’re not that light green

I’m scared that the new growth might come back and look like shit in a few days.

I don’t know what’s wrong. My lights were a bit close I think. The soap water hurt them. I don’t think the thrips are doing any damage. And I don’t think my nutes are hurting them. But I guess I’m wrong?? What looks bad on them? I know they’re not 100% perfect. But are they really that bad?

thanks.

Cracken

Cracken

good nutrition is key to good harvests. the LST work look good but they don't appear to be lush or happy plants. if you switch those plants before you address the issues your plants will be even more stressed. like a speed wobble on a motorcycle, slow down and correct before you crash

CF89

CF89

What do they appear to be lacking? Here is a few more leaf shots... I got two different problems. Maybe 4 hahah. Mosaic disease? Possible light stress is causing those two leaves to shrivel up? The new growth does seem not very dark. Some leaves are getting brown specs. Fuck me.

And this is what they eat. Week 3:

How are they lacking?

2000w led (400w draw) is at 22”

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

What medium are you growing in?
Going by that feed chart you have nuked your plants. You can't force feed them, better to start half strength and add more if/when the plants need it.
I recently pulled 24 oz's off 2 plants 600hps and never once did I feed over 1000ppm.

CF89

CF89

I am in soil and after all those added in its 950ish ppm.

Should I only go half those numbers on the feeding chart?

I checked my ph earlier in the grow and it was in a decent range with my tap water and nutes. Would it of have changed?

What do I do now? Give them just pure water?

I know this... these fertilizers aren’t cheap and I wish I would of done one plant pure water to see if these are even worth it and make a difference

CF89

CF89

How do I do that? Over water them till it pours out the bottom? I am in 5 gallon smart pots. 1:3 perlite and soil. It sure doesn’t like to accept water. I almost need to pierce aeration holes for the water to absorb. Weird as it’s a high concentration of perlite.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
How do I do that? Over water them till it pours out the bottom? I am in 5 gallon smart pots. 1:3 perlite and soil. It sure doesn’t like to accept water. I almost need to pierce aeration holes for the water to absorb. Weird as it’s a high concentration of perlite.

At 6 weeks old you need to be at half strength nutes at the very most. I didn’t give my plants any nutes at all until week 4 or 5. You have set them on fire chemically if feeding at 950ppm.
Give them just straight ph’d water for a week and let them detox.
Catch the runoff out of the bottom of the pot and test it again. I bet its way too acidic.
I’ve never fed above 800ppm and that is a fully developed plant right before flush and chop.

CF89

CF89

Wow. That’s very good to know!!!! I didn’t think I was that high. Thank you very much for the answer. My wallet also appreciates it.

I’ve never watered enough so that the water leaks out of the bottom. Usually 1 gallon per 5 gallon pot every 3 days.

Next two watering will be just water and we’ll see how they look.

I fed my last grow the top 3 nutrients (bloom, grow and micro as well as royal gold and diamond nectar) with no problems at 600ppm from week 1. But this grow I’ve added a few more to my lineup which bumped ppm up to 900 and they’ve been getting it since day 1.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

They’ve gotten better since I stopped training them and cut the ugly leaves off.
"I removed the ugly leaves, so now they don't look ugly." Those ugly leaves tell me that something is not going well. Your plants didn't get better, you just hid the signs.

Your lower leaves are showing signs of deficiency, but that may in fact be a symptom of over watering, because other leaves show signs of over feeding. You removed a lot of leaf area during vegetation, which will lower yield. Less is more. Let them get dry before you water, prune them less, feed them less, let them grow.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

nutrient imbalance - my first thoughts were pH levels. many 'nutrient deficiencies' stems from pH issues. maybe its easier first to sort out the pH levels, before specifically looking at particular nutrient deficiency/imbalance.

CF89

CF89

I had tested all my water and stuff early in the grow and confirmed my ph to be in a decent range. Why would it of changed?

Over watered? Last watering I let them go an extra day. They got a tad thirsty and dry. Then I didn’t even give them a full gallon each.

I think it may be my 950ppm nutrient mix. I’m hoping one or two waters of pure water fixes my problems. Didn’t realize the plants were hurting so much.

CF89

CF89

Seems like the indoor pics are deceiving. I swear they’re not yellow and light coloured like that. Here’s pics with flash on. Grow lights off.

then under plain lights in the basement. No flash.

then out in sunlight. No flash. This is the true pic of its actual color.

CF89

CF89

I see I’ve got a little bit of tip burn. As well as lots of purple on the new growth. And a little bit of clawing too going on. I had that last grow too. Nitrogen I believe. So going half strength will do me good. I was scared that that was “starving” or neglecting the plants and they’re not growing to their full potential.

Tent is usually around 70% and 21-25c. 70-80F. Which is a perfect range on the VPD chart.

F67EB212 40F1 4193 9E46 460DD993EBED
Last edited:
CF89

CF89

Are they looking any better? Just got their second watering of pure water today. The new growth looks nice.
Some of the old leaves are weird. Some are a little brown. Some are folding in half and shriveling up. Some are curled and mangled mutant leaves. Why?

Latest posts

Top Bottom