Are these ready for flower? 6 weeks. Lots of defoliation and training

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

Trained them a bit more. They are now almost too big for the 3x3 tent. With 6 plants anyways.

I already had a 4x4 tent lined up to buy tonight.... I think after tonight’s training I’m gonna grab it for sure. Two tents never hurt.

Also. Why are some of my fan leaves like 8” long?

CF89

CF89

What kind of ph meter are you using?

Just a cheap amazon hello no name one. If it’s calibrated often it should be pretty accurate? Even the expensive ones seem to need calibrating all the time too

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Just a cheap amazon hello no name one. If it’s calibrated often it should be pretty accurate? Even the expensive ones seem to need calibrating all the time too

Cheap is fine, just curious why you think you have a pH problem?

CF89

CF89

I’ve believe I’ve been told several time’s by members here that I do as well as over feeding.

CFC7143

CFC7143

Generally speaking you definitely should have waited to put you plants into flower after you did all of this training and defoliation and stuff and then let them recover for a week and then go into flower

CF89

CF89

damn. I was kinda wondering that. theye been in flower for 6 days now... their first week in flower has been a little rough.

hopefully no more defoliation and just neem oil from here on out. no more pressure washing. the leaves got all tangled up.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
damn. I was kinda wondering that. theye been in flower for 6 days now... their first week in flower has been a little rough.

hopefully no more defoliation and just neem oil from here on out. no more pressure washing. the leaves got all tangled up.
Hey man, sorry I ghosted. Sort of got uh temp banned for telling someone what I actually thought of them. Oops.

Ok, after catching up, there are a couple things I recommend you do.

Use Spinosad instead of neem during flowering. Neem does something not good with flower.

The second grow tent is an awesome idea. You could fill that 3 x 3 with 1 plant in a well trained scrog.

Water only when your bags are feather light. You've got the PH and PPM stuff down.

I'd probably re-veg and let those plants recover but you'll add some weeks to your grow.

Here are some nugs I'm working on. The plants should be done in 2 to 4 weeks.

20200929 143628
20200929 143240
20200929 143547

CFC7143

CFC7143

Hey man, sorry I ghosted. Sort of got uh temp banned for telling someone what I actually thought of them. Oops.

Use Spinosad instead of neem during flowering. Neem does something not good with flower.

The second grow tent is an awesome idea. You could fill that 3 x 3 with 1 plant in a well trained scrog.

Water only when your bags are feather light. You've got the PH and PPM stuff down.

I'd probably re-veg and let those plants recover but you'll add some weeks to your grow.

Here are some nugs I'm working on. The plants should be done in 2 to 4 weeks.

View attachment 1037770View attachment 1037767View attachment 1037769
I agree with this guy! Haha my girl has been on 12/12 for like 6 days and she's starting to stretch like crazy! I also thought I had a serious bug issue but I lucked out. I had used some soil from my compost that I have outside in my backyard and just a few days ago I saw this little bug crawling around after I watered and then I spotted a few of them and I started freaking out, but then I tracked down what type of bug it was and it's perfectly fine to have in there it doesn't do anything to the plant itself. it lives within the soil and never really leaves it I feel like I dodged a bullet on that one. Well I'm talking on this thread I might as well ask a question that me and the person who's credit is could learn from. Is there anybody in this thread that uses compost that they do themselves? And if so do you treat the soil somehow before you use it for indoor plants? If so what do you use? Any advice would be much appreciated thank you.
IMG 20200930 232801
IMG 20200930 232751
IMG 20200930 220013
IMG 20200930 232905
IMG 20200930 232845
IMG 20200930 233122

CF89

CF89

thanks for the answer. Spinosad is hard to get on amazon. I did give them a light sleeping with neem oil today right after lights out. 2ml into 2 litres of warm water misted onto the bottom and tops of the leaves. The whole plant really. Hope that doesn’t screw me.

I am one week into 12/12 and just want to get these plants done with. This grow didn’t go to smooth and I trained each of the 4 differently and got 2 reve so it’s a shit show

I do not have ph figured out yet. Still waiting on the buffer to show up so I can calibrate meter. I got ph up and down ready to do.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
thanks for the answer. Spinosad is hard to get on amazon. I did give them a light sleeping with neem oil today right after lights out. 2ml into 2 litres of warm water misted onto the bottom and tops of the leaves. The whole plant really. Hope that doesn’t screw me.

I am one week into 12/12 and just want to get these plants done with. This grow didn’t go to smooth and I trained each of the 4 differently and got 2 reve so it’s a shit show

I do not have ph figured out yet. Still waiting on the buffer to show up so I can calibrate meter. I got ph up and down ready to do.
I gotcha bud :) here's the stuff I use: https://www.amazon.com/ferti-lome-S...ild=1&keywords=spinosad&qid=1601536962&sr=8-9 It's in stock but only 7 left. Stuff doesn't mess with your flower at all. Neem oil can make those flowers retract quick depending on the strain. Set one of my Purple Mountain Majesty plants back 2 weeks before it finally started spitting flower again. OOooooo I was pissed lol :))) But you are right at the start of the fun part so dousing them isn't a bad idea. You'll need to do it every 3 days for about 2 weeks.

I understand the grow has been frustrating. But... there's always a way through to the bud. The first few times are something else. Once you get it down? This stuff will be like second nature to you. Stick with it. It's DEFINITELY worth it in the end.

So look. I know you don't want to add any time to your grow. BUT you are using neem. And so... I'd gently switch them back to veg. Increase the light cycle by an hour a day until you are back to 18/6. Let it ride there until you can get the Spinosad in. I've treated outdoor plants on a daily saturation of that stuff for 7 straight days in veg to kill off a bad bad spider mite infestation and had no adverse effects. Anyway, it's your call. But once you have those bugs gone, then gently cycle them back to 12/12. I know a lot of guys just flip the switch. But if you think about how it works outside, it's a very gradual change to 12/12. So taking 5 - 7 days to get them into 12/12 by decreasing their light cycle by 30 - 45 minutes a day isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This can all be worked out. Just need to take a deep breath and work through it. I'm sitting here taking a break and smoking a bowl of this stuff called Squirt by HSC. It's their strains: Purple Train Wreak x Blueberry Muffin. This is why we do what we do man :) Freaking nectar of the Gods. And we are growing it. That's insane.

How long until your buffer shows up to calibrate your pen?

CF89

CF89

See my bug problem is tiny though. I used to have maybe 20 aphids per plant till I hosed them down. Now I’m only finding 2 per plant and check twice a day and try to kill whatever I can see

These 3-4 aphids I got are barely causing any damage. Is it really worth losing a month of progress over that?

The buffer will be here Monday

CF89

CF89

I will have to add spinosad to my next order. Amazon.ca is a tad trickier. That stuff of hard to get in Canada it almost seems.

I’ve also got Epsom salts now too that can go into the sprayer for a foliar feeding once in a while.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
See my bug problem is tiny though. I used to have maybe 20 aphids per plant till I hosed them down. Now I’m only finding 2 per plant and check twice a day and try to kill whatever I can see

These 3-4 aphids I got are barely causing any damage. Is it really worth losing a month of progress over that?

The buffer will be here Monday
Those 2 aphids can turn into 2000 before you can blink. They are difficult to purge completely.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I will have to add spinosad to my next order. Amazon.ca is a tad trickier. That stuff of hard to get in Canada it almost seems.

I’ve also got Epsom salts now too that can go into the sprayer for a foliar feeding once in a while.
Epsom Salts... forgot about that. 2 tsp per gal in every feeding. Foliar sprays I do on occasion but never in flower. I recently flipped my indoor grow to leds. They suck the cal/mag right out of the fans quick. I think it has something to do with the increased growth the plant puts out under those lights. More growth, more nutes, more draw on the fans which are like storage silos for the plant. That's my theory anyway lol :)))

CF89

CF89

How do you know if you’re lacking in cal/mag?

I’ll keep spraying neem every few days at lights off and keep a close eye on any individual aphids.

I said this once but it seems like the aphid control is hurting the plants more than the aphids ever have, even at their absolute peak. So.... kinda frustrating. I’m just gonna keep a close eye and try not to let them turn to 2000 and snowball out of control.

Last edited:
Travismilne89

Travismilne89

What medium are you growing in?
Going by that feed chart you have nuked your plants. You can't force feed them, better to start half strength and add more if/when the plants need it.
I recently pulled 24 oz's off 2 plants 600hps and never once did I feed over 1000ppm.

Sorry to butt in but I can't help but want to ask because I have been wondering for clarity. Do you never put more than 1000 ppm nutrients or total ppm for your entire solution ? I have RO water so I have to add literally everything.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
How do you know if you’re lacking in cal/mag?

I’ll keep spraying neem every few days at lights off and keep a close eye on any individual aphids.

I said this once but it seems like the aphid control is hurting the plants more than the aphids ever have, even at their absolute peak. So.... kinda frustrating. I’m just gonna keep a close eye and try not to let them turn to 2000 and snowball out of control.
You'll notice a huge difference when you switch to spinosad. I really dislike neem... a lot. As far as cal/mag is concerned I dont wait for a deficiency to express. That stuff is more like preventative therapy.

CF89

CF89

I will look into getting that ASAP. Found a few aphids in the morning after the neem spray.

I have a bottle of nutes called MAGiCAL (2-0-0) that I feed 5ml per gallon. So 5ml per plant basically.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I will look into getting that ASAP. Found a few aphids in the morning after the neem spray.

I have a bottle of nutes called MAGiCAL (2-0-0) that I feed 5ml per gallon. So 5ml per plant basically.
2 lines for you to checkout for nutes... Fox Farms and Earth Juice Seablast.

This is a nug from this morning off of a HSC Purple Mountain Majesty. I almost killed that plant lol! But its is still putting it out. That was done with Seablast using their Bloom Master at the end. It's got a week or two to go.
20201001 104451

Last edited:
Top Bottom