Are these root aphids?

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cctt

They kind of look like RAs by shape, and the fact that they're crawling on the roots. They're not the darker color I expect, though, and I can't identify the signature "dual tail pipes". These pictures are at 200x and 60x - They look like specks with the naked eye and slowly moving specks with a loupe. I am used to seeing RAs more easily without magnification. The roots where they're found are more brown than the others - though the medium is being reused and full of old roots - so it could possibly be already-dead rootmass attracting them.
Are these root aphids 2
Are these root aphids 3
Are these root aphids 4
Are these root aphids

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no idea, but those are good pix.

C

cctt

Well, that sucks! Thanks for the confirmation though. I am extremely lucky to have noticed them this early - the plants are still in mid-veg and are showing no signs of deficiency yet. I will hit them hard and wipe this out before it causes bigger problems. I've already applied imid and cap's foliar, but still saw some remain alive. I'm looking into acephate - does anyone have experience with this?

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Well, that sucks! Thanks for the confirmation though. I am extremely lucky to have noticed them this early - the plants are still in mid-veg and are showing no signs of deficiency yet. I will hit them hard and wipe this out before it causes bigger problems. I've already applied imid and cap's foliar, but still saw some remain alive. I'm looking into acephate - does anyone have experience with this?

Im all for the organic methods if possible and have hurd nothing but good things about cap's foliar. But in my experience when you already have a bad infestation only two things have completely wiped em out.(Know some members are going to bash me for this) You should look into Mallet or Met 52 both these are a sure bet as long as ur not in flowering. Next time consider pre treating ur moms with either of these components because they stay systemic in the plant for 125 days. Given that, as long as you keep grow area clean, u should not see the infestation again in any cuts taken from ur moms for up to 125 days.

kweezy420

kweezy420

theres this stuff(100% works) you can get at HOME DEPOT, forgot what it was called but it smells like fish but gets the job done.. TRUST.. dont be wasting your money like i did(i bought azamax, nemotodes, couple of diff sprays.. NONE WORKED)

C

cctt

Mallet contains imidacloprid which I've already applied. It's safe in veg only.
Merit 75 is the same thing.
Met52 is an insecticidal fungus which I'll be mixing in for the next transplant. It's safe all the way through flower.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

Mallet contains imidacloprid which I've already applied. It's safe in veg only.
Merit 75 is the same thing.
Met52 is an insecticidal fungus which I'll be mixing in for the next transplant. It's safe all the way through flower.
So did the mallet wrk?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I've used just about everything there is for RA's, Met52 was the biggest waste of $500.. The only thing that worked was a rotation of Merit and ExciteR.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

I've used just about everything there is for RA's, Met52 was the biggest waste of $500.. The only thing that worked was a rotation of Merit and ExciteR.
As cctt said already merit contains the same active ingredient as mallet.

Georgekush22

Georgekush22

You could use Avid but that shit is banned in most states because it was killing off the honey bee population by the masses, but it does work. CCTT, what kind of hydro system ru using cuz I may have a solution.

E

ECOutlaw

How many legs? Hard to tell even though the pics are nice. Scary the imid didn't work. Might try one plant with a miticide like avid just to see what happens. Sure you thought of that already though.

C

cctt

How many legs? Hard to tell even though the pics are nice. Scary the imid didn't work. Might try one plant with a miticide like avid just to see what happens. Sure you thought of that already though.
That is a good question. I can't really tell if the front protrusions are legs or antennae. Maybe some day I'll get a higher-powered scope. I went another round with imid along with pyganic and tried to crush up and water in some met52. Hopefully they just needed a little more encouragement to die. I hadn't considered using abamectin - I've never used it in the root zone before, or had mites in my roots, but it's an interesting idea. I think I'll be adding triazecide and azamax for the next watering to switch it up, then see how they're looking.

smokie

smokie

Google Hypoaspis Miles

smokie

smokie

How did you apply the Excite R?
Im dealing with the devil now and just hit everything except bloom with Merit 75

I almost pulled the trigger on some Met last night im glad i didnt

Latest posts

Top Bottom