Are these temps ok, i cannot make sense of what's going on

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Reason I ask because my leaf temps and canopy temps do not make sense

I'm using a 600w how in a 4x4 tent 2m tall

I shade my thermometre with a piece of cardboard and cover that with foil, at canopy level , level with my plant tips on the wall of the tent I get a air reading of 75-77fmax doesn't go over 77f Humidity is 50-55%
Then
I have another thermometre at pot level on top of the pots this reads 67.8-69f

When my csnopy reads about 75 my lead temps read 68-73f

Anyone have Any ideas whats,
going on?

Maybe u shouod keep the temp at the pots 75-77?

I also have a thermometre Under the light not shaded its mwsureing radiant heay this reads 77-80 sometimes 81

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Leaf temps under LEDs are always low.

Hence LED growers running rooms a few degrees warmer to compensate.

Is there an issue with the plants or are you just overthinking it?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Leaf temps under LEDs are always low.

Hence LED growers running rooms a few degrees warmer to compensate.

Is there an issue with the plants or are you just overthinking it?
Sorry I was ment to say 600w hps I have ,
I'm deffo overthinking I get it bad last few years it's a problem that's for sure haha
I have also been playing where I place my oscillating fan if I blow my fa across my canopy so it blows air between the plant tops and the light thebthat air blows at my thermometre on the wall ,
Or if I move my fan to blow at a wall not directly at my themrometre in then get quit a diffrent reading, it's passive intake pot level is about 67.7-70 So I'm thinking this cold air rising is also messing readings aswell as fan position,

Do you think is a good idea to blow fans at themrometre for better readings

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

If your plants are happy stay the course. If unhappy, post pics for problem solving.

I run fans above the canopy and around the pots, trying to create a gentle vortex.

If you think your leaf temps are low under the HPS, raise the average ambient by 2 degrees F.

Ph 007

Ph 007

If your plants are happy stay the course. If unhappy, post pics for problem solving.

I run fans above the canopy and around the pots, trying to create a gentle vortex.

If you think your leaf temps are low under the HPS, raise the average ambient by 2 degrees F.
You rub pure led
What temps do you run
What setting do you put your fan controller to 28c thst gives me a air temp of 82-82f

But I also been told 80-82 air temp
For this I need my fan set to 26.5c

Do you mesure leaf temps

Again I been told 2 diffrent number
75-77
And
80-85 On site below

Latest posts

Top Bottom